Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TNG run-through...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Might be connected with how they deflect religious questions (Human at least), can't remember how many times it happened but one captain is asked if he believes in a higher power and he says there are things humans believe in but leaves it at that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's still celebrated by some people as far as i know, just maybe on as a religious thing, and not on the ships (that we've ever seen). Picard, when he was in the Nexus, imagined himself and his kids at Christmas, with a tree and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Kiith wrote: »
    It's still celebrated by some people as far as i know, just maybe on as a religious thing, and not on the ships (that we've ever seen). Picard, when he was in the Nexus, imagined himself and his kids at Christmas, with a tree and all.

Voyager also did a little Christmas bit, the ship became a decoration on a tree.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Just finished season 2 of TNG last night, apart from maybe 3-4 eps its a pretty bad season to be honest. Also the season finales are terrible, just stand alone episodes, it must not of been the done thing back then to finish on a high note.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

keithgeo wrote: »
    Just finished season 2 of TNG last night, apart from maybe 3-4 eps its a pretty bad season to be honest. Also the season finales are terrible, just stand alone episodes, it must not of been the done thing back then to finish on a high note.

or a cliffhanger.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

SarahBM wrote: »
    or a cliffhanger.

Eh what are you doing in here, you've SG1 to be watching...off with you now :P You're doing a TNG runthrough when you're finished Stargate, just so you know :)

Myrddin wrote: »
    Eh what are you doing in here, you've SG1 to be watching...off with you now :P You're doing a TNG runthrough when you're finished Stargate, just so you know :)

well I was in the middle of a TNG run through. stopped round ep 20 of S4.

I wil return to it when Stargate is done.

How is the run-through going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

SarahBM wrote: »
    How is the run-through going?

I've reached the end of Season 1 at this stage. Thoroughly enjoyed it, it was like watching a brand new show...the HD restoration is unreal, & the 25 year old shots of the Enterprise-D blow away the far more recent DS9 & Voyager CG ships...there's just no comparison.

This close to Xmas, I havn't got the beans to drop on Season 2 {I want to buy them & not download them as personally I want to watch them uncompressed & in as high a quality as possible}. So until next year, I'll have to pause my run-through. I've just started a run-through of Red Dwarf though, nice quick & easy show that should tide me over for a bit :)

Im up to ep 20 in season 3, big improvement this season for me in episode quality, lots of great ones this season so far..

The Defector, The Hunted, Deja Q, Yesterdays Enterprise, The Offspring, Sins of the Father, Allegiance, Captains Holiday are my favourites so far.. and best of both worlds is coming up soon.

Some great storys in those episodes with some great acting and moral lessons, star trek at its best.

• Advertisement

Season 3 is definitely where The Next Generation hit it's stride. As was season 3 of DS9.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Star Trek got better when Gene Roddenberry took a step back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Are there many extras on the blu ray discs?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭Daith

Kiith wrote: »
    Season 3 is definitely where The Next Generation hit it's stride. As was season 3 of DS9.

I actually think Season 3 of DS9 is weaker compared to season 2. 2 has got a fantastic set of episodes that tend to be overlooked because the Dominion/Defiant have't appeared

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

The ep where Work, Crusher and Picard go off to some Cardi planet (cant remember the name) but such an awesome ep.

For me it asks the bigger question, if you are of the belief that you'll never be freed, do you still not give up any info, if you give up info will you then just be executed?

At what point will Picard break or will they kill him first?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

"There....are...four...Liiiiiggghtts!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,970 ✭✭✭DenMan

The ep where Work, Crusher and Picard go off to some Cardi planet (cant remember the name) but such an awesome ep.

For me it asks the bigger question, if you are of the belief that you'll never be freed, do you still not give up any info, if you give up info will you then just be executed?

At what point will Picard break or will they kill him first?

Celtris III ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

DenMan wrote: »
    Celtris III ;)

I kept thinking it was Setlek 3 but i knew that was an O'brien story line, but just couldnt remember the damn name!

Daith wrote: »
    I actually think Season 3 of DS9 is weaker compared to season 2. 2 has got a fantastic set of episodes that tend to be overlooked because the Dominion/Defiant have't appeared

That may be true, however...the Defiant!! :eek:

:p

Just finished up Season 4, decent series, a few boring eps in there. First appearance of the Trill race, though not exactly the same as in DS9. Standout ep for me probably Redemption, the season finale, Gowran is a such great character, brilliantly acted, loved him all the way through to DS9. They built such a strong back-story for the Klingon's with so much culture and detail its only now when i watch it again that i think the reboot in the films, throwing all that away was such a waste. I really hope if we ever get some new trek TV down the road they base it in this timeline and not the rebooted one.

Some good Barkley episodes this season too, always liked him. On to Season 5 next which i believe is the last remastered one so far.

• Advertisement

I'm coming to the end of season four too. I found Barclay a bit cringe sometimes, but he is a great character.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Barclay's supposed to be a bit cringe ;-)

Redemption - is that the one dealing with both Worf and Data's past? Liked those episodes but disappointed that part two didn't continue Data's story at all. I suppose it was concluded in part one, but it was more interesting than Worf's, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Ooohh, no, actually - just did a Google and I was thinking of Birthright, from season six.

Redemption is actually a great two-parter. Klingons. Romulans. Good job. Loved that.

ah love Barcley, redemtion is a good one alright, love the klingon eps. plus a certain actor reappears at the end..

Just watched S4 ep 23 Half Life.

Two words. Waxanna Troi !!!!!

And that is all I have to say about that.

Im crawling through season 5 of next gen after flying through the previous ones. need to finish it off, think i only have about 4 eps left, Christmas delayed it, spent most of it re-watching Arrow with the wife. A poor enough season really apart from a few stand outs. unification being one (or two i guess) Last ep i watched was the one where wesley and tom paris are lying about the training crash at the academy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭Daith

keithgeo wrote: »
    Last ep i watched was the one where wesley and tom paris are lying about the training crash at the academy.

I really enjoyed that one. I thought it did a good job in bringing Wes back to Earth (so to speak!). Plus Sito gets a nice follow up in the last season.

Exam done!!! Time to over dose on all the shows I have to catch up on!!! I'm onto the season finale of S4. The episode the Host was weird. trill freak me out

I am just watching the episode In Theory. Data is "exploring" a relationship with a Lt. Its just soooooo cringe. hilarious. I love Data.

• Advertisement

Finished S4 on netflix and I was all like :(

but then I saw that S5, 6 and 7 are on the american Netflix! happy days. no stopping me now.

Advertisement