Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TNG run-through...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

It's not often a show can make me feel like that - emotional that it has come to an end. I console myself by remembering that I can start all over again sometime in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

but it isnt the same because you kind of know whats coming.

I wish Riker and Troi had gotten together.

I know I have the films but its not the same.

I must get my SG1 run through back on track. its been months since I watched the season 6 finale so going to have to re watch the finale I think.

Im still going to check in here though. see how everyone else is getting on :)

Live long and prosper

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It was a perfect ending imo. I loved the end of DS9, and tolerated the end of Voyager, but TNG did it perfectly.

I loved the Voyager finale! I have to admit I cannot remember the DS9 ending.
    Lads, I think Im just going to have to watch DS9 Voyager and Enterprise right through! Im just going to have to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

SarahBM wrote: »
    Lads, I think Im just going to have to watch DS9 Voyager and Enterprise right through! Im just going to have to!

You really should, especially DS9. You're in for a real treat, though you have to stick with it while it finds its feet. Would be very interested to follow a DS9 run through thread :)

• Advertisement

Myrddin wrote: »
    You really should, especially DS9. You're in for a real treat, though you have to stick with it while it finds its feet. Would be very interested to follow a DS9 run through thread :)

Let me get SG1 out of the way first!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I used the hate the episode 'Family' and tended to skip, but as I am a little bit older I really appreciate it now

Picards breakdown, his brother and him hugging at the end :o

Just finished "The Most Toys". Great episode, with Spiner at the heart of it again.

Star Trek Generations

I couldnt do it lads, I couldnt stay away! Going to watch the movies now :)

Resistance was futile. You have been assimilated.

• Advertisement

Star Trek First Contact - Data "Sir I believe I speak for everyone when I say to hell with our orders!"

I love Data!

Crusher "Damn I swore I would never use one of these! COMPUTER Activate EMH!" -
    Enter the Doctor!

"Please state the nature of the medical emergency"
    I love the Doctor!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭Daith

Crusher "Damn I swore I would never use one of these! COMPUTER Activate EMH!" -
    Enter the Doctor!

"Please state the nature of the medical emergency"
    I love the Doctor!

Apparently Gates McFadden hated that as she didn't think it was right for her to share screen time with a doctor from another series.

So I watched Insurrection last night. I have noticed something in the films. Data is given some ridiculous lines.
    "Saddle up, lock and load" is hut one example of a totally cheesy unnecessary line that IMO doesn't fit with his character.
    Well that's just what I think. Nemesis tonight :-)

So I watched Insurrection last night. I have noticed something in the films. Data is given some ridiculous lines.
    "Saddle up, lock and load" is hut one example of a totally cheesy unnecessary line that IMO doesn't fit with his character.
    Well that's just what I think. Nemesis tonight :-)

Totally agree - had the same convo with a friend recently. Just crappy one-liners to put in the cinematic trailers and completely out of character.

Had a break of a few days, but back into the swing of it again. About 8 episodes into season 4 now.

Insurrection poo's on basically everything TNG built up over seven years. It's utterly, utterly, awful.

Insurrection poo's on basically everything TNG built up over seven years. It's utterly, utterly, awful.

I dont think its awful :(

I actually really like it. just the script.
    Plus the part where Riker kisses Deanna and she says (wrongly) that she has never kissed him with a beard before. How the hell did that scene make it out of the editing suite. Surely anyone who has seen TNG would know that isnt true.

anyway. The World Cup KOed later than expected so might not get to watch Nemesis tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

I don't think Insurrection is the worst of the TNG films. It's certainly nowhere near as bad as Nemesis. It just comes across more like a below-average two part episode of the tv series instead of a proper movie. Red Letter Media did a good in-depth review of Insurrection here (part 1 below). They covered all the TNG movies and their other Trek reviews are also worth a watch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the RLM reviews are incredible. the star wars ones are works of art.

Making a dent in season 7..."Parallels" up next, then "The Pegasus"...always liked those two eps.

Really liked Parallels too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

*Enterprises start to fill up the sector*

'The Bajoran ship is disengaging sir...'

You could tell they were running out of ideas in Season 7

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭Daith

IvySlayer wrote: »
    *Enterprises start to fill up the sector*

'The Bajoran ship is disengaging sir...'

You could tell they were running out of ideas in Season 7

That episode is quality though. Pegasus is ace too

I have to say I much prefer the more technical episodes as in the ones that are more about the ship and technology.

On to Sub Rosa next, which isn't a fan favorite by any stretch :D Season 7 is pretty disappointing at times...quite a few middling episodes.

Sub Rosa was just creepy and cringe.

Have been really slacking off lately due to the football and Steam sale. :pac:

Will try to get an episode in every evening while there are no late matches.

Just back from a few days away myself, so will be getting back on track tonight. Still trying to decide here what to what next, as I'm near the end of TNG. Might do Space: Above & Beyond actually, it's only one season long but pretty damn good

Might do Space: Above & Beyond actually, it's only one season long but pretty damn good

never heard of that. whats it about?

never heard of that. whats it about?

It's a very short lived sci fi show that was cancelled after the first season...but it's very, very good. Not Star Trek or BSG standards now, but very likeable nonetheless - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space:_Above_and_Beyond Do yourself a favour & 'obtain' it if you can :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Just back from a few days away myself, so will be getting back on track tonight. Still trying to decide here what to what next, as I'm near the end of TNG. Might do Space: Above & Beyond actually, it's only one season long but pretty damn good

Man i loved that show when it was on, its a pity it was cancelled, I tried watching it again a while back but thought it had aged badly, loved the ep where they go playing pool with David Duchovney haha, or the one where the sarge guy takes off on his own to take out "ChiggyVonRickthoven" haha.. great stuff.

Advertisement