Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible Storm / Strong Wind Event 2nd November

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Seems to be getting worse here in arklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Wind never really got going here. Windy but not too strong.

The winds in Arklow may be due to some funneling effect with the mountains?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Dundalk has very light winds at the moment, nothing out of the ordinary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

Seems to be getting worse here in arklow.
    our fence in the garden was blown down, very windy at the moment and does seem to be getting stronger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Wind never really got going here. Windy but not too strong.

The winds in Arklow may be due to some funneling effect with the mountains?
    Not in my house at the moment so can't check the latest gusts,but it is howling here consistently for 3 to 4 hours now with some mad squalls of wind.Dangerous to be driving minor roads on as there's debris that can fly from anywhere.the whistling of it,I haven't heard in some time,it's blowing down from the lugnaquilla direction,so you may be right on a funnelling effect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

Sustained windspeed of 30mph along the banks of the foyle tonight. No camera with me, but the foyle itself was like it was the seaside. 3/4 foot waves, may not seem to be much but this is a river lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

It was storming this afternoon near Limerick City. All quiet here for the last 2 hours or so.

The n11 is closed at the Ballinameesda bends in wicklow because of a fallen tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

Bad night here in wicklow alright

From AA
    Severe delays southbound on the N11 Dublin/ Wexford Rd at Glen of the Downs as the road is blocked by a fallen tree.

There is also debris on the road at Ballynameesda bends, obstructing traffic in both directions. Traffic is being diverted via the Tap but there is another tree down on the diversionary route and traffic is partially obstructed. Delays should be expected. Also note that there are severe cross winds are affecting traffic flow. There are also reports of another tree down at the Beehive.

WICKLOW: Fallen trees are obstructing traffic on the Greenhill Rd and on the Marlton Rd in Wicklow Town. Expect delays.

WICKLOW: There is a fallen tree on Vale Rd, Arklow. Avoid the area.

WICKLOW: A fallen tree has been cleared on the local Ashford/ Glenealy Rd near Ballylusk Quarry.

WICKLOW: A fallen tree has been cleared from Church Rd, Greystones.

WICKLOW: Another tree has fallen on the Avoca/ Aughrim Rd (R747). Take care in the area.

WICKLOW: Reports of a number of trees down around the Newtownmountkennedy area.

Glad not to be out about tonight still very windy out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Winds finally starting to die down a small bit in Wicklow. Very strange that Wicklow seems to be the worst hit county - I thought the south would be hit hardest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Up on Windgates in Greystones, we always get the worst of the winds up here but there's been nothing more than strong gusts all day. Surprised to hear of trees down, for some reason we're not getting the battering we expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭pauldry

Weathery old day in Sligo

Wind rain hail thunder and the odd bright spell

Max temp only 8.8c too

But as rte weather said yesterday tomorrow will be

The 'drier' of the two days

How scientific

Still blowing strong in Arklow. Wicklow definitely seems to have been hit bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

I still don't understand why Donegal was included in M.E Orange wind warning. It wasn't even breezy here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Weathering wrote: »
    I still don't understand why Donegal was included in M.E Orange wind warning. It wasn't even breezy here.

It was windy enough to take the power out of a short while on the NW coast of Donegal. The onsite report I got was that it was pretty breezy..... (code for gale to storm force) lol..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

eskimocat wrote: »
    It was windy enough to take the power out of a short while on the NW coast of Donegal. The onsite report I got was that it was pretty breezy..... (code for gale to storm force) lol..

Well it wasn't windy at all with me or with friends I spoke to in different locations albeit none of them were on the NW coast so I'll take your word for it ha

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

So it seems for most places it didn't turn out as bad as expected, but other places (like Wicklow) it turned out to be surprisingly windy.

An interesting one to watch develop but not one for the record books by any means. It's early in the windstorm season though, just a taste of what to expect maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

the sustained winds through offaly yesterday were awesome - around 3-4 o clock. Was on the golf course. It was insane how windy it was!

Advertisement