Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Options
1134135136137138140»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

padraig_f wrote: »
    Would probably be in the Bulls' best interest to lose, don't want that 3-seed now. Still playing hard though.

Raptors are up 44-27 on the Knicks halfway through the second. A long way to go in that one obviously but I presume the Raptors should be good for the win which would mean they take the #3 seed regardless of what we do.

Could get to a situation where us, the Raptors and Nets are all trying to lose :pac: No chance Thibs will allow the team to slack off though regardless of what it means for the playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Overtime, just what is not at all needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

That'll just about do it, Bulls locked into the 4 seed.

Good to see a bit of pride & spirit back in the Bobcats team, will be rooting for them against the Heat.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Derrick Fisher just blocked a shot at the rim. Yeah. Durant goes off 42 and hits the game winner to wrap up the second seed.

• Advertisement

Mavs - Grizz in OT!

A lot of stuff going on tonight.

Mavs down by 1 after Conley makes a pair of clutch free throws for the Grizz, 1.1 left, Mavs ball.

Great look for Ellis, just misses. Grizz wins.

Final games of the season, and all three are a one possession game with 6 minutes remaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭neil.p.b

Bar having to play overtime that defeat for the bulls was a major blessing in disguise with the raptors losing and the wizards beating the nets. Raptors have a much tougher route to the final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Last nights results:

Bobcats beat the Bulls 91-86 in OT
    Pacers beat the Magic 101-86
    Grizz beat the Mavs 106-105 in OT
    Hawks beat the Bucks 111-103
    Jazz beat the TWolves 136-130 after 2OT
    Pelicans beat the Rockets 105-100
    OKC Thunder beat the Pistons 112-111
    Lakers beat the Spurs 113-100
    Wizards beat the Celtics 118-102
    Cavs beat the Nets 114-85
    Sixers beat the Heat 100-87
    Knicks beat the Raptors 95-92
    Blazers beat the Clippers 110-104
    Suns beat the Kings 104-99
    Warriors beat the Nuggets 116-112

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Atlantic Division
    1. Toronto 48 34
    2. Brooklyn 44 38
    3. New York 37 45
    4. Boston 25 57
    5. Philadelphia 19 63

Central Division
    1. Indiana 56 26
    2. Chicago 48 34
    3. Cleveland 33 49
    4. Detroit 29 53
    5. Milwaukee 15 67

Southeast Division
    1. Miami 54 28
    2. Washington 44 38
    3. Charlotte 43 39
    4. Atlanta 38 44
    5. Orlando 23 59

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Northwest Division
    1. Oklahoma City 59 23
    2. Portland 54 28
    3. Minnesota 40 42
    4. Denver 36 46
    5. Utah 25 57

Pacific Division
    1. L.A. Clippers 57 25
    2. Golden State 51 31
    3. Phoenix 48 34
    4. Sacramento 28 54
    5. L.A. Lakers 27 55

Southwest Division
    1. San Antonio 62 20
    2. Houston 54 28
    3. Memphis 50 32
    4. Dallas 49 33
    5. New Orleans 34 48

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭ec18

Central Division
    1. Indiana 56 26
    2. Chicago 48 34

It shows how good a coach Thibs is that after losing Rose and trading Deng that bulls are only 8 games behind the pacers who were favoured early on as Eastern conference finals

ec18 wrote: »
    It shows how good a coach Thibs is that after losing Rose and trading Deng that bulls are only 8 games behind the pacers who were favoured early on as Eastern conference finals

I'm a massive thibs fan, but you could look at it another way, as in how crap the East is overall this year compared to the West.

The only things capable of derailing the West's winners winning it all this year is injury or the fact that they'll be jaded from beating the crap out of each other to win the West.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭ec18

I'm a massive thibs fan, but you could look at it another way, as in how crap the East is overall this year compared to the West.

The only things capable of derailing the West's winners winning it all this year is injury or the fact that they'll be jaded from beating the crap out of each other to win the West.

I like to look at the glass as being half full :P

ec18 wrote: »
    I like to look at the glass as being half full :P

I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist armed with the facts. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Im dissapointed not to get the wizards as we had a good record against them this year, nets will be a different animal though, i think it will go to the wire with the raptors just edging it:cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

Sweet mother of god, it is rare to see the bulls get man handled in the paint and out rebouned.credit to one poster who pointed out that a rusty Nene would dominate. The other chap, the former Phoenix player (huge for the the Whiz) this year had a smashing game. And Andre Miller, former Nugget , had a masterclass of a 15 minutes.

I know Thibs never plays Boozer in the fourth, I know Boozer aint great defensively, but I think they could have put him out there for a few minutes to help a tired Augustine to shoot.

Hendrich, to his credit stayed out of foul trouble.

Bulls should have won. In the third quarter, when the scoring on both sides was flowing and the game was getting really fast pace, the experienced Bulls should have slowed it down as composure defensively was bad, along with wild offensive shots. Defensively they aint all that last night and we know that they can't shoot with reasonable consistency.Dunleavy should have moved into the 2 point zone a bit more. Bulls missed way to many reasonable scoring chances.

Still ,an enjoyable game, United Centre looked and sounded great.

Pitty about Jeffersons foot, in the Miami game, and Kidd Gilchrists foul issues.even heat clocked up the rebounds late.

Obviously the best game was the Houston game, bloody fouls hurting both teams. Once again Howard's free throwing overshadowed an other wise great game offensively and defensively (4 block shots) Alridge showing why he is a top top player.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Regardless of who is in charge at the Knicks. They can't really do much in the way of changing the roster for next season. They don't have a draft pick and they have close to $90m in salary comitted.

Regardless of who is in charge at the Knicks. They can't really do much in the way of changing the roster for next season. They don't have a draft pick and they have close to $90m in salary comitted.

Hmm, I still don't think it can be as bad with the current group, with another manager. Stat was coming into it during the season, Smith needs to cop on. Hardaway Junior is a decent prospect. Chandler, if his heart is in New York needs to stay injury free.

I would prefer to see Melo going for the Rim, a little bit more, like his Denver Days. He has the strength to do it. Settle for better shot selections, why thump a 3 when an easier two is available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Hmm, I still don't think it can be as bad with the current group, with another manager. Stat was coming into it during the season, Smith needs to cop on. Hardaway Junior is a decent prospect. Chandler, if his heart is in New York needs to stay injury free.

I would prefer to see Melo going for the Rim, a little bit more, like his Denver Days. He has the strength to do it. Settle for better shot selections, why thump a 3 when an easier two is available.

I agree with all of the above, except the Melo criticism. He was outstanding all season, and had by far his best year yet. He scored 27.4 and grabbed 8.1 rebounds a game. Off the top of my head, that rebounding number is better than Dirk, Hibbert and the Gasols, all 7 footers. The reason he is taking more threes is that he is making more. His three point shot has improved exponentially. Melo shot 40% from 3 this season, whearas in his final 2 years in Denver he shot 31% and 33% respectively. The Knicks were awful last year, but it wasn't on Melo, blame J.R, Felton(prob the worst starting pointguard in the game,) Shump and plenty of other disappointments but not Melo.

buyer95 wrote: »
    I agree with all of the above, except the Melo criticism. He was outstanding all season, and had by far his best year yet. He scored 27.4 and grabbed 8.1 rebounds a game. Off the top of my head, that rebounding number is better than Dirk, Hibbert and the Gasols, all 7 footers. The reason he is taking more threes is that he is making more. His three point shot has improved exponentially. Melo shot 40% from 3 this season, whearas in his final 2 years in Denver he shot 31% and 33% respectively. The Knicks were awful last year, but it wasn't on Melo, blame J.R, Felton(prob the worst starting pointguard in the game,) Shump and plenty of other disappointments but not Melo.

To be fair, whatever criticism I made of Melo, it was little. I certainly am not suggesting for one milisecond anything bad about him. Sure he was their best rebounder, too, for many games. He dragged that team to stay in contention of games during the winter. I acknowledged those points in previous posts n threads. I still would like to see him mix up his game a bit, because he can do it. I do agree that it doesn't help if his point guard is chucking crap balls to him. I full agree with you, Melo was outstanding, but, I would like to see him get to the rim (cause he can!) when his shooting is not going well. That is all

I do believe the Knicks are better than they performed this year. If Stat and Chandler stay fit, Knicks to be better.

Advertisement