Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

Another Game, another 4th Quarter meltdown by Celtics. DIRE!!!! Cruising (surprisingly) with 5 minutes remainding and then .once again, handed victory to the opponents. Tanking at it's best.

Grand, Celtics may not have got to the Play offs this season anyway, but at least 10 games were lost due to meltdowns in the 4th Quarter , and worse, 4th Quarter with 5-6 minitues left (this was without Rondo too, so the team aint that awful)

You would not mind Atlanta (who are banged up) simply outplaying Celtics in the last few minutes, as they desperately need the win, but the TURNOVERS! The bloody TURNOVERS and handy Kyle Krover and wide open chance for corner 3 points, completely undoing a fine 3 pointer by Sully.

How the hell Brad Stevens did not tear into them

In many games this season, Celtics might be in the lead, or maybe 2 points behind going into the fourth quarter, they may have shot better than this years normal, made life hell, but once the clock strikes for 6 minutes left, they go into tank mode. It is frustrating with the manner in how they loose to the likes of Philly (who I think have a future), Nets (when Nets were bad) Bucks......

GRRRRRR!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭ec18

Couldn't have been a better night for the Pacers. Bench beats the Bucks on the road, Miami Lose to Memphis.

Back on top

Capture.png

I don't like indianas chances in the second round if they end up with the first seed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭BQQ

Another Game, another 4th Quarter meltdown by Celtics. DIRE!!!! Cruising (surprisingly) with 5 minutes remainding and then .once again, handed victory to the opponents. Tanking at it's best.

Grand, Celtics may not have got to the Play offs this season anyway, but at least 10 games were lost due to meltdowns in the 4th Quarter , and worse, 4th Quarter with 5-6 minitues left (this was without Rondo too, so the team aint that awful)

You would not mind Atlanta (who are banged up) simply outplaying Celtics in the last few minutes, as they desperately need the win, but the TURNOVERS! The bloody TURNOVERS and handy Kyle Krover and wide open chance for corner 3 points, completely undoing a fine 3 pointer by Sully.

How the hell Brad Stevens did not tear into them

In many games this season, Celtics might be in the lead, or maybe 2 points behind going into the fourth quarter, they may have shot better than this years normal, made life hell, but once the clock strikes for 6 minutes left, they go into tank mode. It is frustrating with the manner in how they loose to the likes of Philly (who I think have a future), Nets (when Nets were bad) Bucks......

GRRRRRR!!!!!

The knicks must be pretty sickened by that performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLZx22L19p0

It's absolutely criminal the lack of minutes Copeland has gotten for the Pacers this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

NufcNavan wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLZx22L19p0

It's absolutely criminal the lack of minutes Copeland has gotten for the Pacers this season.

Can't believe he's 30. Looks like he's straight out of high school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

I'm probably the only 1 but I hate the Buck's court design, looks horrible

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

I'm probably the only 1 but I hate the Buck's court design, looks horrible

I thought that to myself too. I would think those markings would be a distraction to shooters

newcourt-955.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Patty Mills is going to town on the Mavs right now. Spurs minus a few of their stars are up 11 going into the fourth.

No Parker (or Manu), no problem, Spurs 109-100 Mavs.

Some implosion from the Warriors last night, they were up 20 when I checked out for the night midway during the 2Q I think against a team playing poorly, without Ty Lawson and on the second of a B2B.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

IGGY!! Pity he couldn't get the basket to go though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I thought that to myself too. I would think those markings would be a distraction to shooters

newcourt-955.jpg

Works both ways - you could look at it as a distraction or as a guide, depends on how you use your peripheral and vertical vision to find your spots. I could develop this point further but I fear I will bore everyone to tears so that concludes today's lesson in the minutae of ocular referencing, the kinesiology of hand-eye co-ordination and their combined effects on spot up and transition shooting in basketball from ButtersSuki.......

From si.com's Alternative Awards:

Most Generous

Kendrick Perkins, Oklahoma City Thunder
    Perk has always been a man of great charity, though his donations to his opponents via turnovers have come with even greater frequency than usual this season. It’s as if his benevolence compensates for his dwindling minutes; Perkins commits virtually the same number of turnovers on a per-game basis relative to last season despite logging six fewer minutes on average.
    The reason for that is a career- and league-worst turnover rate. Somewhat impressively, Perkins manages to give away the ball to his opponent on 29 percent of his possessions — a brutal turn for a player who already drags on the Thunder offense. Kudos to Perkins, I suppose, for facilitating (the other team’s) fast breaks, setting upeasy scores (for the opposition) and helping lesser teams keep pace with the Thunder. Few NBA players are so accommodating. But even basketball altruism has its reasonable limits, which Perkins may well have crossed.

perkins-awards.jpg?w=600&h=430

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

padraig_f wrote: »

Almost as impressive as the shot itself is the push dribble to create the separation between him and the defenders. It nevertheless ceases to amaze me how great Curry is at creating space off the dribble for a shot. Truly an incredibly talented player.

From si.com's Alternative Awards:

Most Generous

Kendrick Perkins, Oklahoma City Thunder
    Perk has always been a man of great charity, though his donations to his opponents via turnovers have come with even greater frequency than usual this season. It’s as if his benevolence compensates for his dwindling minutes; Perkins commits virtually the same number of turnovers on a per-game basis relative to last season despite logging six fewer minutes on average.
    The reason for that is a career- and league-worst turnover rate. Somewhat impressively, Perkins manages to give away the ball to his opponent on 29 percent of his possessions — a brutal turn for a player who already drags on the Thunder offense. Kudos to Perkins, I suppose, for facilitating (the other team’s) fast breaks, setting upeasy scores (for the opposition) and helping lesser teams keep pace with the Thunder. Few NBA players are so accommodating. But even basketball altruism has its reasonable limits, which Perkins may well have crossed.

perkins-awards.jpg?w=600&h=430

Yet, he owns Dwight :pac:

We don't rip Lebron for nothing.

"The NBA has confirmed that Mason Plumlee's block against LeBron James was clean, that he got the ball first."
    NBA stands behind no foul on Mason Plumlee’s block of LeBron James

UnripeScaredAntelope.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I've been out of the loop a bit over the last couple of days, but just noticed tonights schedule. Very, very interesting slate of games.

Pacers/Heat obviously the big one, but also Raptors/Knicks, Hawks/Nets, Bulls/Pistons, Suns/Spurs, Wizards/Magic and Bobcats/Celtics all have playoff implications.

That LeBron gif cracks me up between the kid with glasses copying LeBron and the old man just clapping.

padraig_f wrote: »
    We don't rip Lebron for nothing.

"The NBA has confirmed that Mason Plumlee's block against LeBron James was clean, that he got the ball first."
    NBA stands behind no foul on Mason Plumlee’s block of LeBron James

UnripeScaredAntelope.gif

All i can to say to LeJon Brames' reaction:

As much as I'd like to claim that as an original idea, someone previously posted a montage of Kobe to that track - was funny.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I was gonna do a couple of bets but i just cant decide on tonights games:confused:

• Advertisement

That LeBron gif cracks me up between the kid with glasses copying LeBron and the old man just clapping.
    Worst fans in the league. It's no wonder Seven Nation Army is so popular there. It's so mundane that it's the only chant that they can remember.

"Oooooooo OOOOoo OOOO OOOOH OOO OOO!!"

Whos gonna win tonight folks:rolleyes:

shamrock55 wrote: »

WAS, TOR, CHA, ATL, IND, CHI, MEM, HOU, OKC, CLE, SAS, POR, GSW

You're welcome.

WAS, TOR, CHA, ATL, IND, CHI, MEM, HOU, OKC, CLE, SAS, POR, GSW

You're welcome.

Are you sure now:D

Knicks, hopefully :)

Are you sure now:D

I'll tell you in the morning ;)

Pacers by 2.

Cracking start to the game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

you feel both teams a more gears to go. This one has yet to take off.

• Advertisement

Stop throwing it at Hibbert's feet. Awful.

And that was a blocking foul on Haslem. Bad call.

Advertisement