Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

I think the Pacers just won the #1 seed, last game is against the Magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Well holy God.

We might get the 1 seed after all.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Looking forward to Golden State in Portland later.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Fantastic result for the Pacers, This is just what was needed, a big win over a top team at home to build confidence and momentum going into the playoffs.

The one seed should be ours with a win over Orlando, Even if Miami win a difficult game in Washington and the last against Philly. We will still get it with the tie break in our favour

A lot of fouls in that Raptors game!

• Advertisement

Miami vs OKC in the final. Dream final for me. Wouldn't mind spurs getting their either. Pacers are very meh. Watched the game earlier. Case for Hibbert to get dropped??

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Pressure on the Bulls now at the Knicks tonight for that #3 seed after the Raptors win against Detroit.

Though the question can be asked whether we'd rather face the Heat or Pacers in the second round if we progress past the Wizards or Nets, the team will be going all out to win tonight regardless.

Personally I think the #3 seed is better as if we want to get to the Finals then we'll likely have to play both Indiana and Miami in whatever order, but a first round series against the Wizards is a better proposition than the Nets.

Paully D wrote: »
    Pressure on the Bulls now at the Knicks tonight for that #3 seed after the Raptors win against Detroit.

Though the question can be asked whether we'd rather face the Heat or Pacers in the second round if we progress past the Wizards or Nets, the team will be going all out to win tonight regardless.

Personally I think the #3 seed is better as if we want to get to the Finals then we'll likely have to play both Indiana and Miami in whatever order, but a first round series against the Wizards is a better proposition than the Nets.

Will Anthony play though?

Yeah, still prefer the 3-seed. Don't mind too much about 2nd round opponents, that'd be tough either way. But you want to try and avoid a dogfight in the first round.

The Knicks getting eliminated by the Hawks last night will hopefully take the edge off their performance tonight.

Miami vs OKC in the final. Dream final for me. Wouldn't mind spurs getting their either. Pacers are very meh. Watched the game earlier. Case for Hibbert to get dropped??

Strong case for a double drop. Ian Mahinmi and CJ Watson for Roy and Hill

• Advertisement

Strong case for a double drop. Ian Mahinmi and CJ Watson for Roy and Hill

Watson had a great game earlier. Very impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Dropping Roy would be the worst thing to do.

He's in a slump, and you just have to hope that he'll play through it.

He couldn't hit anything but at least he rebounded some today, and his rim protection was great as always.

Blogabull had a good tribute to the Knicks' season in his game preview.
    While my allegiance remains ever-wedded to the Chicago Bulls, I love the 2013-2014 New York Knicks deeply and dearly. The New York Knicks are horrible, yes, but this year they provided constant entertainment in a conference hampered by mediocrity. Their antics on the court and off played like basketball vaudeville, and we received stirring comic performances from the entire ensemble. (links throughout) Memorable moments include J.R. Smith's serial shoe-untyings and incessant ball-hucking, the high-flying AIR BARG, and noted cop-killer Raymond Felton. Even Melo, supposed team leader and usually the only guy really giving an effort out there (although good hustle Amar'e), has gotten in on the fun in his roguishly own charming manner. Good on the Hawks for overcoming the odds and clinching that spot, but it breaks my heart that this lovable band of goons won't be in the playoffs to give us all some probably-bad-but-definitely-memorable playoff performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Lakers with their last chance to cause an upset in the race for the Playoffs.

3 close games, all in the second half, should be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Brain fart by Portland there. Up 3 with a few seconds to go and Warriors have the ball. They let them take the three instead of fouling and sealing the win. Heading to OT.

Meanwhile in LA they just scored 1 basket in 9 minutes :pac:

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Looking forward to Golden State in Portland later.

Well, that was okay.

Incredible game, one of the best this season, especially that 4Q and OT. Splash Bros went off, Curry with 47 points, but it wasn't enough. That's 3 out of 3 times he's shot 47+ points and lost this season now. Blazers secure their playoff place.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Crap result for the Bulls. Leaves us hoping for a Bucks upset against the Raptors which, in all honesty, isn't going to happen.

Nets in the first round of the playoffs will be a huge battle against a team full of seasoned playoff veterans.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Crap result for the Bulls. Leaves us hoping for a Bucks upset against the Raptors which, in all honesty, isn't going to happen.

Nets in the first round of the playoffs will be a huge battle against a team full of seasoned playoff veterans.

It'll be tough but they'll have home court and crucially, have an infinitely superior coach. I fully expect them to win, possibly in 6.

Miami conceding the 1 seed to the Pacers. No James or Bosh in the heat line up tonight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

How are the Celtics playing? See they are down 17 at the half yeah

How are the Celtics playing? See they are down 17 at the half yeah
    Celtics are in a transition period right now, They are hoping to rebuild over the next few years. Could be a while before they are contenders again but they will be

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Going to be Clippers v Warriors, should be a fantastic fiercely competitive series. Going to be tough for Warriors going against an improved and clippers team that is playing really well. Where as the Warriors have the weapons to beat them, they are inconsistent and will be without Bogut most likely, which is a massive massive loss, Lee is battling injury too a long with iggy, they will be fine but will be a tough physical series, get the popcorn out.

Going to be Clippers v Warriors, should be a fantastic fiercely competitive series. Going to be tough for Warriors going against an improved and clippers team that is playing really well. Where as the Warriors have the weapons to beat them, they are inconsistent and will be without Bogut most likely, which is a massive massive loss, Lee is battling injury too a long with iggy, they will be fine but will be a tough physical series, get the popcorn out.

GSW were my tip at the start of the year tow in the West IF THEY STAYED HEALTHY. With Bogut out and Doc going to annihilate Mark Jackson in the coaching battle it here are close games, I can only see one winner in this. LAC in 6.

Playoff prediction time or will we wait until the final game is over?

Tough night for Phoenix as they become the 5th team to win at least 47 games in a season and not make the Playoffs.

Part of me suspects they didn't want to though as they lost 4 straight, and Memphis won 3 straight (effectively a 7 game swing other). Hmmmm.....

If they had won just one of those games, their record would put them 3rd in the East! Daft.

Brilliant to secure the one seed last night. I get that some people say the one seed doesn't matter that much but for us its a big deal. The Pacers set a goal for themselves at the start of the season to get the one seed. Achieving that goal will give them a psychological boost going into the playoffs

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Oh for **** sake, you are not part of the team!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Well that was a night of results I didnt want for Lakers, beating Utah and Celtics losing to 76ers could have been in way better position in the draft :mad::(

Claiming 1st seed while comically stumbling over the line with much dressing room unrest and horrible basketball being played, both defensively and offensively while players admitting to be very tired. So, worth it.

I really hope OKC meets them in the Finals as it's the perfect matchup for the Thunder and I wouldn't be all too confident in them getting past Miami if they're all fit. Barring a sudden turn in form and unity in the dressing room, Spurs should do em in 5 games too.

• Advertisement

Advertisement