Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

padraig_f wrote: »
    Should be good....

While Lebron is whining about legitimate blocks, it'll be a reminder of a time when guys used to really hit.

That reminds me of playing National League in Ireland in the early 90s!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

In a split second I had just planned my next hour in my head - watching that documentary but then I saw it was just a trailer :o

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Heat - Grizz and OKC - Clippers on tonight. Hurray.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

K.C. Johnson ‏@KCJHoop

Wow. “@CandaceDBuckner: All five #Pacers starters will sit tonight in Milwaukee”

Er, what? They can still overtake Miami, and they're giving up on that now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

We have the depth to win without those five.

Mahinmi
    Scola/ Allen
    Copeland/butler
    Turner
    Watson/Sloan

• Advertisement

We have the depth to win without those five.

Mahinmi
    Scola/ Allen
    Copeland/butler
    Turner
    Watson/Sloan

Seems like a bit of a risk, I'd play the guys and get the easy win.

Who has the tie-breaker do you know if the Pacers lose to the Heat on Friday? Think then they'd be 2-2 in head-to-head, and is it conference record next? Pacers have a small edge there. So I don't think Friday's game affects the tie-breaker.

Not sure about the details of that situation but I think the Pacers will be able to compete tonight. Guys like Turner and Scola are quality players who were leading players on their previous teams, I think guys will step up to the plate, I'd be very hopeful of a win

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It wasn't a foul, but I'm absolutely amazed LeBron didn't get the foul on that play, amazed.

Credit to the officials.

Not sure about the details of that situation but I think the Pacers will be able to compete tonight. Guys like Turner and Scola are quality players who were leading players on their previous teams, I think guys will step up to the plate, I'd be very hopeful of a win

The bookies have the Pacers a 1 point favourite, so virtually 50-50.

I don't think the Bulls would ever do this, Thibs doesn't believe in fatigue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Pacers badly need a W and to gain some momentum to get the No1 spot so they don't play the starting 5 against the Bucks???:confused::confused:

• Advertisement

Pacers take a 3pt lead into half time. Looking good for a result here.

Good to see Nene back, 5-8 shooting midway during the fourth. Wizards down 1 to the Bobcats after being down huge earlier in the game.

All tied up with 1.40 remaining.

Great D from Kemba Walker on Wall, and it's overtime in Washington. Wall has his triple double already.

Pathetic OT display from the Wizards. ZERO, yes ZERO POINTS for them. Bobcats win.

The UN should invade this country, But it would really help is China supported the mission. China could cut off them of their resource. Then the take over would be allot easier.

Celtics doing the Knicks a favour in Atlanta.

I spoke too soon, 19-3 Hawks run the moment I did. Celtics realised what they were doing late on, Hawks win.

The UN should invade this country, But it would really help is China supported the mission. China could cut off them of their resource. Then the take over would be allot easier.

Would Paul George and friends be part of this mission?

That post actually makes more sense and is more relevant than most of his posts in fairness...................

JOKE!!!!!!!!!!

On the wacky baccy last night DRD were we? Ort have you caught whatever the Pacers have right now? :rolleyes:;):D:eek:

Just vwatched the NBA Top 10 Plays from last night, Gerald Green with another insanely high degree of difficulty in game dunk. Some of the stuff he's done in games this years is just mental.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭BQQ

Can't help feeling all the people on here celebrating Plumlee's "block" might have been wailing about a no-call if it was Lebron who blocked Plumlee. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Bloody magic done me in another bet last night, it seems any time i involve them in a bet, be it to win or lose they do the exact opposite, this time the bloody nets let me down, i am never doing a bet that involves orlando ever again:mad:

• Advertisement

What?

:D Oh my God. I meant to post that in the North Korea thread, had two windows open. I'm laughing at myself here. My appoligies.:o

Jack Daniels has something to do with it

Couldn't have been a better night for the Pacers. Bench beats the Bucks on the road, Miami Lose to Memphis.

Back on top

Capture.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

:D Oh my God. I meant to post that in the North Korea thread, had two windows open. I'm laughing at myself here. My appoligies.:o

Jack Daniels has something to do with it

Although you may have posted in the wrong forum, that is literally the least intelligent post I have seen on boards. Stick to the orange juice DRD I'd say:pac:

Back on topic, I wonder are the Wizards trying to get the 7th seed so they can play Indiana? Not scoring in OT, is almost unheard of, I wonder if Wittman told them to ease up. Atm, Toronto/Chicago is a much tougher series, Pacers seem totally dead in the water.
    Yeah they won last night, but I honestly think they're in big trouble. They may get out of the 1st round but that's as far as they will go imo. You can't win a series with an offense like how theirs is right now. Last Friday, they were beaten by a Raptors team minus 2 of their 3 best players in Lowry and Johnson. They followed that up with home game were they were torched by the Hawks, who lets not forget are trying not to make the playoffs. They also only scored 23 points in that 1st half. I've watched a lot of the pacers recently, out of interest to try and get a read on what may have caused this spectacular malaise. One thing that jumps out, Paul George is not the same guy he was at the beginning of the season. Through December 31, George was making 46 percent of his midrange jumpers — better than Chris Paul. He was hitting 41 percent of his 3s — better than Kevin Durant. And he was making 60 percent of his shots inside 8 feet — better than Kevin Love and Tim Duncan. He was a machine. - Per ESPN.
    George is now a shell of himself, converting only 45% of his shots from 8 feet and in, that worse than Mr "I can't finish" Ricky Rubio. His 3-point percentage is down to 34 percent, which is below league average. He is down to 37% from midrange, all of these leads me to think something is seriously up with this guy. Offcourt issues overwhelming him, burnout, something else? As Zach Lowe put it ". Early-season George was a triple threat who could beat you behind the arc, in the midrange, and at the rim. Late-season George dominates nowhere and nohow." What I have really noticed watching him is those inside 8 feet misses, players don't really "slump" from there, so his percentage being down 10% is baffling. It means that the Pacers can't rely on him to get to the rim and score consistently. The team’s overall offense has been exposed as a major weakness, and potentially as the team’s fatal flaw, at the most unforgiving time on the NBA calendar. Just a few months ago we were all saying that Pacers v Heat was a dead-cert for the Eastern finals. That looks increasingly more unlikely. One thing I feel for sure, as George goes so go the Pacers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭BQQ

buyer95 wrote: »
    Mr "I can't finish" Ricky Rubio.

Ricky went 10/17 against the Spurs the other day.
    Maybe they switched bodies like Fred Savage and Judge Reinhold in the movie 'Vice-Versa'.

Damn, I'm old!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Gonna be an exciting end for these 3 teams fighting for the final spots in the West

Phoenix v Dallas the 12th
    Memphis v Phoenix the 14th
    Dallas v Memphis the 16th

BQQ wrote: »
    Ricky went 10/17 against the Spurs the other day.
    Maybe they switched bodies like Fred Savage and Judge Reinhold in the movie 'Vice-Versa'.

Damn, I'm old!

Now that's old school......and pretty certain that's the first time Judge Reinhold has been mentioned in here! I saw him on an old epsiode of Magnum PI recently on some obscure satellite channel. It was all downhill for him really after the highs of Beverly Hills Cop.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Man, never has a 22 point win felt so hollow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Indie.

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Bloody magic done me in another bet last night, it seems any time i involve them in a bet, be it to win or lose they do the exact opposite, this time the bloody nets let me down, i am never doing a bet that involves orlando ever again:mad:

Old legs.
    B2B.
    Let down spot after huge win.
    Magic more often than not play well at home vs. big teams.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

shamrock55 wrote: »

Miami are my bogey team, unless its a likely win and you bet they win by 1-10 points. They have been sooooo unpredictable since February

The Bulls have been brilliant

Advertisement