Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I can't see the Knicks making it through.

They have to face Brooklyn, Toronto and Chicago.

Atlanta have to face Miami, Bobcats(who they're 3-0 against this season) and Milwuakee. A probable win in 2 out of these 3 games which will put Knicks out even if they win their last 3.

They did a good job coming into contention for 8th seed to be fair after a terrible streak a few months back.

Wasn't expecting the Hawks to win that. That's probably the nail in the Knicks coffin

That actually was the nail!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Very good first half for the Suns, they lead by 11. Bledsoe has been dominant and leads all scorers with 17 points, Frye has hirt shots, going 5/5 from 3 after coming into this game mired in a shooting slumps. The Suns have been shooting very well at around 60% but turnovers have been an issue. The Mavs are not out of this though imo, Dirk will likely get it going in the 2nd half, and the suns are unlikely to continue to shoot so well. Ellis has been very good for the mavs thus far, but Dirk has been well marshalled by Markieff. I expect the Mavs to come back into this, with a win tonight securing them a playoff spot.

Feckin Hawks...

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

buyer95 wrote: »
    Feckin Hawks...

Suppose it makes sense. Heat would rather face the Hawks than Knicks, so probably went about it a bit more half arsed than usual.

• Advertisement

This is a great warm up for the Playoffs.

Two back-to-back 3's each for Dirk and Ellis to cut the Phoenix lead.

Dirk awakes from his slumber and pours in 13 and the Mavs come roaring back after going bonkers from three in the 3rd quarter. 3 point game heading into the 4th, fasten your seat belts we're in for a wild ride!

Mavs take the lead, as Dragic is clearly struggling on that bum angle, his lift isnt there atm. He is teak tough though, so will stay out there

Bledsoe steals the ball and lays it up, great anticipation knowing that the ball would go back to Dirk.Were back to a 2 point game. Dirk turned his ankle a minute ago and is not moving well at all. Suns are in with a chance

Ellis misses second FT, Suns down 2, they have the ball with 18 seconds left. Enthralling stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Jesus Dallas is doing everything it can to lose this.

Bledsoe gets a lane to the basket and Wright comes up with a huge block. Ellis sent to the line and splits the FTs, 3 point game 9 seconds

Mavs win, and there in the playoffs. Unreal game, Morris misses the potential game tying 3 right at the death. Suns game vs Griz on Monday now takes on huge importance. Gut wrenching loss for them, but they have to shake it off, they are still very much alive.

And there we go Dallas are in. Wright came in just at the right time and got another clutch block.

I'd prefer Suns in than Memphis tbh

****ing Mavs.

Memphis v Phoenix on Monday looks 10 times better now.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    ****ing Mavs.

Why the Mavs hate? The playoffs is a better place with Dirk in it, yeah I was rooting for the Sun tonight too but in the end they didn't execute well enough in the 4th. Or had you money on the Suns(I don't know because for some unknown reason my ISP has blocked Twitter all day.)

buyer95 wrote: »
    Why the Mavs hate? The playoffs is a better place with Dirk in it, yeah I was rooting for the Sun tonight too but in the end they didn't execute well enough in the 4th. Or had you money on the Suns(I don't know because for some unknown reason my ISP has blocked Twitter all day.)

5-1 day, delivered my only loss.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Nice one ATL. Cheers for holding back the Heat. We now have to hold up our end and beat the Thunder at home tonight

No harm that the Knicks are knocked out too in the process. No playoffs No draft pick, Wouldn't want to be a knicks fan next season

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Atl are a funny team i find, they can either be brilliant or pure ****e, can beat anyone but are way too inconsistant

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭sligoface

Word is Westbrook will play tonight at Ind and rest Mon at NO. Still like the Pacers to get back to winning ways tonight. Thunder are locked into 2 seed and Ind still alive for the top spot in the east, and a win over a quality opponent would really lift them as they've struggled lately big time and even if they don't get the top spot you don't want to go into the playoffs on a losing streak.

Plus it's fan appreciation night in Indiana!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Yeah a win for the pacers tonight would be huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭ChicagoJoe

The Bulls have become not only an efficient and high scoring offense, but a dominant fourth quarter team. This for the team last in scoring most of the season. Go Bulls GOOOOO.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

CJ Watson is on it tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Pretty classless from Durant there

C'mon OKC, finish em!

Massive minute to go, thought we wee collapsing but that PG 3 may have taken the sting out of them

Big block from West.

Dagger. Pacers win.

Awful shooting from OKC beyond the arc today.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

The ad breaks are ripping the piss atm

• Advertisement

Lance, that should do it!

Advertisement