Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an Android Box that runs XBMC - [No copyrighted material]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Not great news:mad:

It might fix a lot of issues with my Gensis

OFFICIAL STATEMENT

So here is the deal folks, about what happened? Our site was getting heavy heat from DCMA for those who don't know about this kind of stuff its very common all it takes is removal of what they request bam boom done all good .. we have actually dealt with over 10 DCMA notices on site before and I have dealt with it.

Basically, mash got scared and left you guys hanging with no warning .. I have been loyalty to the dude this whole time but I'm sorry one thing I WONT do is sugar coat **** because that is just not me. This situation was NOT handled properly .. we shouldv'e got a heads up to prepare so you guys aren't left hanging and I am furious about that.

Moving Forward...

I'm going to take advantage of this situation and be completely honest with you .. I've stayed with mashup this whole time out of loyalty but to be truthful with you guys we always clashed. I had so many ideas for mash to make the plugin better including things Ive brought to him to do that addons like genisis are just doing now I was telling him to do before those addons were even out .. things like changing the look .. making home simpler .. indexing .. cleaner and he wouldn't listen. Once I saw genisis I told him look man this is exactly what I pictured for mash but he is just tooo hard headed anyway the whole point of me talking about this is to say this .. this might just be a blessing in disguise .. for the longest time I have been on this plugin with 1,000,000 ideas on how to take it to the next level but trapped in dealing with only what he wanted to do .. now I have nothing stopping me in persuing an add-on of my own or possibly a partnership with an existing addon (hint hint) where all these ideas can come to fruition and you guys can benefit from.

We are in talks with a few devs that have already reached out to work with us and also opening doors to others also to go with the best option. Whatever we do no worries everyone that was on mashup will come along with so when we do get it done it will be like we never missed a beat.

I'm so sorry you guys were blind sighted and have to say I had NOTHING to do with how this was handled. I will always have your back and will never leave you dry for as long as I breathe. You guys have shown me soooooo much love .. I feel responsible .. you guys are family no matter how big that follow list gets every last one of you is family and I appreciate you all so I will ride for you until the wheels fall off. Hang in there and we will keep you updated on all things.

To answer some of your questions

What will happen to the stash?
    For now onviously no stash but I have it all saved so not like its all lost once we are back up with an addon it will all be there

Will Mashup be back?
    No it will not mashup was created by mash he does not want it to exist so no I wont copy his code or anything like that thats not how I operate.

How long will it take to get back up and running with something ?
    depends if we join another plugin or if we create our own .. if we join could be only days if we create could be a month but whatever it is I'll sure be loosing sleep until it's sorted for you guys you can bet your life on that.

If you have any other questions feel free to tweet me .. love you all your humble, loyal , and UNFLINCHING! friend that will NEVER! leave you no matter how much heat .. HM #POW

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

TL:DR

If that is about mashup and mikey1234

GOOD.

If either were closed down.

GOOD.

If either are facing court/prison/fine

GOOD.

I hope Xfinity/Xunity or whatever they call themselves now dies a sudden death and their rotten contributions end there.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Allyall wrote: »
    TL:DR

If that is about mashup and mikey1234

GOOD.

If either were closed down.

GOOD.

If either are facing court/prison/fine

GOOD.

I hope Xfinity/Xunity or whatever they call themselves now dies a sudden death and their rotten contributions end there.

Its about Hacker mill and Mash up. Original coder of Mash up deleted the add on completely.

Why the animosity towards Xunity? Only new to the whole xbmc thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Seems more than a coincidence that the tvaddons site is down for the last few days.
    (Need to get my hands on a version compatible with Nexus 9 and lollipop).
    Reckon the copyright holders are hitting them all with cease and desist letters.

Seems more than a coincidence that the tvaddons site is down for the last few days.
    (Need to get my hands on a version compatible with Nexus 9 and lollipop).
    Reckon the copyright holders are hitting them all with cease and desist letters.

Yeah addons website is down a good few days but you can still download the wizards without any issues......

• Advertisement

Quick check here, I have tested the "Add 0 Cache Advanced XML" on the Minix and everytime I try it I have to rebuild XBMC as it makes it unuseable

Was wondering is anybody else set this up and using? what type of box you using it on?

I found from the Minix forums it seems to be a problem with Minix and recommendation is not to use....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭DenMan

Been using 1Channel the last few days (from TV Addons). Working fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if XBMC will work on the WebOS - (this is bulit into LG TVs)?

This TV in particular:

http://www.lg.com/ae/tvs/lg-42LB6330/technical-specifications

Thanks

Anyone on Vodafone at home broadband?

Looking to run a few XBMC questions by someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Quick check here, I have tested the "Add 0 Cache Advanced XML" on the Minix and everytime I try it I have to rebuild XBMC as it makes it unuseable

Was wondering is anybody else set this up and using? what type of box you using it on?

I found from the Minix forums it seems to be a problem with Minix and recommendation is not to use....

Not sure it's a good idea to set zero cache on flash memory. It basically says to cache to the local disk rather than RAM, and all that writes to your storage will shorten the devices lifespan. Better to just increase cachemembuffersize in advanced settings.xml.

• Advertisement

Not sure it's a good idea to set zero cache on flash memory. It basically says to cache to the local disk rather than RAM, and all that writes to your storage will shorten the devices lifespan. Better to just increase cachemembuffersize in advanced settings.xml.

Where is advancedsettingxml?
    Is disabling zero cache recommended then?
    Also what size to increase to?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

dahat wrote: »
    Where is advancedsettingxml?
    Is disabling zero cache recommended then?
    Also what size to increase to?

According to the articles I have read, not recommended for flash/sd memory, but fine if you have installed xbmc to a hard disk. It will work, just causes a lot of wear and tear as everything you play is getting cached to storage. As to the size, depends on how much RAM memory your device has installed.

I found these links useful

http://totalxbmc.tv/new-forum/index.php?topic=19.0

And

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_video_cache

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Xbmc/kodi not working with either lollipop or the tegra chip in N9.
    Looks like the devs are on the case but can't see any work around yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭wildrover444

http://m.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_80703.html

Is this the cheapest the mxq s85 has been. Only 38 euro. Surely worth buying at that price. Might place an order tonight.

Is this the cheapest the mxq s85 has been. Only 38 euro. Surely worth buying at that price. Might place an order tonight.

yeah I was going to buy, it is great value....

According to the articles I have read, not recommended for flash/sd memory, but fine if you have installed xbmc to a hard disk. It will work, just causes a lot of wear and tear as everything you play is getting cached to storage. As to the size, depends on how much RAM memory your device has installed.

I found these links useful

http://totalxbmc.tv/new-forum/index.php?topic=19.0

And

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_video_cache

Yeah aware of it caching to flash and not recommended, was more of a check to see if people have used?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Think I might jump on one of these, I might be picking up a few but unsure which to go for. I'm gonna give this a try and if I'm happy with it I'll go for more. I was originally going for the MXiii but this is a great price.

DubDJ wrote: »
    Think I might jump on one of these, I might be picking up a few but unsure which to go for. I'm gonna give this a try and if I'm happy with it I'll go for more. I was originally going for the MXiii but this is a great price.

Any chance you could ship via DHL and do a review? :D

Any chance you could ship via DHL and do a review? :D

I was going to ship via Netherlands post as I heard it usually passes by customs. Is DHL an option? What's the usual price on this?

I bought that a few weeks ago, it arrived about 2 weeks ago, and the other MXq.
    The other one has just been hassle, I left aside, as I have plenty to do.

That one linked, has (like most new ROMS) a media skin, and it uses up 80% RAM when running. Very easy to turn it off though.
    There was a few issues, but nothing major.

It is in a friends house, as I asked him to tell me anything that he found annoying or errors. I haven't actually heard from him since :D. (I assume that's a good sign).
    EDIT - Just rang him and asked, and he said it slow as f**k.. Said it has loads of bugs, so I'm grabbing it tomorrow and flashing it.

I was going to put this ROM on to it, but so far haven't had the chance.

S85 106k4 ROM [0912] - ALTERNATIVE LINK
    using
    PROBOX Burning Tool

If anyone else wants to do it also - How To Video:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭Invincible

Have any of you dealt with dealsprime.com?
    They have the Ugoos UT3 for $127.99 by using $12 discount coupon.

I bought that a few weeks ago, it arrived about 2 weeks ago, and the other MXq.
    The other one has just been hassle, I left aside, as I have plenty to do.

That one linked, has (like most new ROMS) a media skin, and it uses up 80% RAM when running. Very easy to turn it off though.

It is in a friends house, as I asked him to tell me anything that he found annoying or errors. I haven't actually heard from him since :D. (I assume that's a good sign).
    EDIT - Just rang him and asked, and he said it slow as f**k.. Said it has loads of bugs, so I'm grabbing it tomorrow and flashing it.

I was going to put this ROM on to it, but so far haven't had the chance.

S85 106k4 ROM [0912] - ALTERNATIVE LINK
    using
    PROBOX Burning Tool

If anyone else wants to do it also - How To Video:

Thanks again for the tips, so you reckon the MXQ will be slow? I'm thinking of going with one of these to familiarise myself with the whole flashing ROMs things. I might pick one up, what shipping method did you use and did you get hit with customs?

Thanks again for the tips, so you reckon the MXQ will be slow? I'm thinking of going with one of these to familiarise myself with the whole flashing ROMs things. I might pick one up, what shipping method did you use and did you get hit with customs?

It's not that I think it's slow, the hardware should be fine.
    The stock rom seemed to be buggy and a bit of a resource hog. I had noticed it and as it was rooted, I was able to apply some small tweaks. Not enough.
    I'll know more tomorrow, as I'm grabbing it early in the morning.

I was supposed to be going away last month, that has been a disaster so far, So on Thursday (instead of doing nothing) I ordered another 6 boxes, all different.
    None were too expensive, one was a fair bit different than the others (Different OS), but I imagine I'll get hit with customs on all of them. I should've ordered 4 and 2. It works out cheaper. But I can post them here when I get them.
    You may or may not get hit with Duty/VAT after shipping. DHL have officers in their offices, but they seem to be making up the value, or using amazon. That can be an advantage or a disadvantage.
    Sometimes they undervalue them, and sometimes overvalue them.
    DHL/UPS/FEDEX/EMS etc.. all can get hit, but some don't notify you of it for a few weeks :mad:.
    I am guessing, but I think a single box has an okay chance of passing through without getting stopped for VAT.

Hey just wondering about the media skin you mention, are you refering to the launcher? I seen they had this installed on the box I bought recently. I left it running.....didn't think it was resource hungry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭cullenswood

So what are people using instead of mashup? Hadn't used his addon in about a week, and went on to watch something on Saturday nite only for it to do the whole deleting itself.

So what are people using instead of mashup? Hadn't used his addon in about a week, and went on to watch something on Saturday nite only for it to do the whole deleting itself.

Cant be discussed on thread.....PM is ok :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Cant be discussed on thread.....PM is ok :P

Ooops, sorry about that. PM's welcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Ooops, sorry about that. PM's welcome!

Can someone please PM me also

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Got OTA update for Lollipop on Nexus 7. Just to let you know XBMC still working without doing anything on lollipop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 ainm usaideoir

Can someone please PM me also

Would like a pm also please :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement