Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an Android Box that runs XBMC - [No copyrighted material]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

Yeah, install Xunity maintenance, 0 Cache is in the tweaks section, and clearing cache is in Maintenance.

i changed to cache 0 hoping to be able to pause a movie for 15min then watch buffer free.
    but alas no.
    about 10 or 20 min into a film it exits back to the previous screen ( the one where you pick the source)

if i use xunity maintenance how do i reset tit back to default? or would a fresh install be better ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Monokne wrote: »
    I was looking at buying this:
    http://dreamboxxbmcireland.com/

There's a video on youtube which claims it streams the sports channels in HD. Is this true? An acquaintance says he doesn't think it's quite HD, more like 480p than 720 or 1080.

Can anyone tell me? Also, how reliable are the streams?

Way over priced

The about us section is funny to say the least

• Matt, a Business graduate from the country.
    • Great interest and passion in technology and smart Devices.
    • Fed up of paying over 100 euros a month for my sky bills.
    • Went to Technology exhibition in china.
    • Found great value in the Deambox technology.

Should be,

• Matt was told about XBMC.
    • said he will make a few quid for himself
    • so bought cheap box from China and then stuck on free XBMC
    • Charged people a fortune for it.....Matt is happy:D

If you have 150 quid to spend, give it to me and I will set up a system for you with Quad core proc

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    I often watch 720 streams on xbmc. It is a paid service though but its very reliable.

Guys take this off thread....don't want to get thread locked

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Guys take this off thread....don't want to get thread locked

But it's OK for you to back seat mod?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

big nelly has helped out loads of people on this thread but asking for help with illegal activities will put an end to that by getting the thread locked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭BandMember

The Pak-India add-on should suffice for Sports. Mentioned a page or two back.

Thanks, I already have the PAK India add on but am looking for information on how to join Smoothstreams/Starstreams - that's why I made my original post.

If anyone has any info, I would be glad to hear it.... :)

But it's OK for you to back seat mod?

What does "back seat mod" mean? Never understood it

Oh yeah what you are talking about is illegal and that is why I said to take it off thread

Way over priced

The about us section is funny to say the least

• Great interest and passion in technology and smart Devices.
    • Fed up of paying over 100 euros a month for my sky bills.
    • Went to Technology exhibition in china.
    • Found great value in the Deambox technology.

Should be,

• Matt was told about XBMC.
    • said he will make a few quid for himself
    • so bought cheap box from China and then stuck on free XBMC
    • Charged people a fortune for it.....Matt is happy:D

If you have 150 quid to spend, give it to me and I will set up a system for you with Quad core proc

+1.

Couldn't agree more. I would strongly advise you to stay away from these guys as they completely over charge for their products and they have had nothing but complaints - check out their FB and Adverts page (they had to delete their ads there because there was so many people complaining!).

Basically, they just seem to have bought a bunch of cheap boxes from China and stuck on XBMC via an androidsticks.co.uk thing as people are posting screenshots of turning on their box only to see everything wiped and that logo there in the background. They were great at the sales pitch this time last year when they were selling these boxes by the score but people very quickly started to encounter problems and those guys couldn't be found/contacted anywhere.

I've a feeling that I may not be allowed to say the above (and believe me, I'm not saying half of it!) but if anyone has any thoughts of buying from them, I would strongly advise you to PM me first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

Quick question, am running Kodi on Windows 8. I have installed P2P Streams on Minix and Nexus no problem but on the laptop when I try to enter the address to run the python script I cant bring up a box to enter the text. I click 'Run a Python Script' and nothing happens, any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭dahat

branners69 wrote: »
    Quick question, am running Kodi on Windows 8. I have installed P2P Streams on Minix and Nexus no problem but on the laptop when I try to enter the address to run the python script I cant bring up a box to enter the text. I click 'Run a Python Script' and nothing happens, any ideas?

Misread question, my answer is not what you asked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

dahat wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a VPN to use with XBMC, using Hola on the laptop but unsure how to work one through XBMC.
    What does "back seat mod" mean? Never understood it

Oh yeah what you are talking about is illegal and that is why I said to take it off thread

Has this thread not been way off topic over recent weeks??Many of the regular posters culprits too.I even stopped reading the thread for a bit,it was like addon central here:rolleyes:.

This is about devices that run XBMC/Kodi not what plugins are best for XBMC/Kodi.Lets get back to it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

bazzz wrote: »
    what plugins are best for XBMC/Kodi.Lets get back to it ;)

Where's this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

bidiots wrote: »
    Where's this thread?

Well you managed to get this far.....That's my final hypocritical word here.Back on topic please;)

Thread has been a great source of info on boxes and XBMC for me and a few others I would imagine.

Think the mods will police the thread and not any old random poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jack_Reacher9

iba wrote: »
    EPG does work - perhaps double check the URL.

Thanks man - I am using "http: // is.gd / vguide2" for the EPG; is that wrong. (no spaces included, boards won't let me post URL)

On my more pertinent question; do you or does anyone have any idea how to record live tv??

I have researched a lot but i just get dead ends or else coding xml which i cannot follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

BandMember wrote: »
    Thanks, I already have the PAK India add on but am looking for information on how to join Smoothstreams/Starstreams - that's why I made my original post.

If anyone has any info, I would be glad to hear it.... :)

IIRC Starstreams is gone to that great streamer heaven in the sky. For smoothstreams have a look here:

http://superrepo.org/repository.smoothstreams/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Android-4-4-TV-Box-Q7-CS918-MK888-RK3188-Quad-Core-WIFI-HMDI-AV-Media-Player/2051628677.html

dahat wrote: »
    I can confirm same. Happy days.

Anybody else getting 'order suspended due to suspicious seller activity' ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

reni10 wrote: »
    Yep same for me, so should be here in a couple of weeks!

What is the best custom Rom to install on these?

AliExpress just emailed to dry my order has been frozen due to suspicious seller activity. If they can't resolve their concern within 3 working days I'll get a full refund.

Looks like its a bit of a scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭reni10

Yep i just got the same message from aliexpress!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

reni10 wrote: »
    Yep i just got the same message from aliexpress!

And me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

And me.

and me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

IIRC Starstreams is gone to that great streamer heaven in the sky. For smoothstreams have a look here:

http://superrepo.org/repository.smoothstreams/

They're the same thing.

Has this thread not been way off topic over recent weeks??Many of the regular posters culprits too.I even stopped reading the thread for a bit,it was like addon central here:rolleyes:.

This is about devices that run XBMC/Kodi not what plugins are best for XBMC/Kodi.Lets get back to it ;)

You are correct, when I first found this thread there was no discussion about streams/addon's....everyone was pointed to Youtube and this was a discussion on the hardware to run XBMC....as the thread title confirms......

Hey guys

As mentioned before I am looking at a new box, no reason really, have the Minix a while and working ok but due a change.

Was looking at maybe going for the RK3288 chip. I bought some stuff recently from GearBest and found them great to deal with so going to go with them again. Was looking at this box...
    http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_79506.html
    but couldn't really find anything in terms of the processor and if they have brought out a T version like they did on the RK3188. Has anyone seen anything?

I can't see anything mentioned on the wiki site: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockchip

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Would you send us a pm too please All?

Thirded :)

Please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

Monokne wrote: »
    Thirded :)

Please :)

Those order's are frozen at the minute and seller's account is suspended so you won't get to order as of now.

Can we start a seperate thread for this, please? It would be very handy as there are new add ons becoming available all the time while others become obsolete and it would be great to get a heads up from others as to what they are using, ideal for problem solving as well.

So, what do you all think? Yay or nay? :)

Thanks man - I am using "http: // is.gd / vguide2" for the EPG; is that wrong. (no spaces included, boards won't let me post URL)

Yes, that is what I'm using at the moment. It's being working fine for me although the times are messed out and I could never figure out how to fix it properly - could only move it to odd times (e.g. 10.02 or 9.57).

I noticed that there was no guide last night though so maybe it's down temporarily?

They're the same thing.

I know, that's why I put the "/" in. I'm more looking for information on pricing and how to get an invite etc.

It doesn't seem like anyone here is a member though.... :(

• Advertisement

BandMember wrote: »
    Yes, that is what I'm using at the moment. It's being working fine for me although the times are messed out and I could never figure out how to fix it properly - could only move it to odd times (e.g. 10.02 or 9.57).

I noticed that there was no guide last night though so maybe it's down temporarily?

He is on holidays at present.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement