Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an Android Box that runs XBMC - [No copyrighted material]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Looks like it,you'd have to ask him.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Invincible wrote: »

You can get that box for less than €50 here I ordered the minix neo x8 and minix airmouse a2 for less than €120 from them.They ship your order to the Netherlands first and then to you so no import taxes and always have my orders within 2 weeks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

bazzz wrote: »
    Looks like it,you'd have to ask him.

he's way too pricey for the discerning buyer

I ordered that quad box for 56 delivered from UK

he's charging 90 dunno if it even includes delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Newtown90

I bought this one on Sunday for another room in the house.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00GYRDZGE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Arrived into my local Parcel Motel this morning and just collected it.

Shall do as an XBMC and Plex client :)

Got two of these remotes:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00AIHYHJA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

One for the Minix Neo X8 and the other for the new purchase however good they will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

what is the best android box out there at the moment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

he's way too pricey for the discerning buyer

I ordered that quad box for 56 delivered from UK

he's charging 90 dunno if it even includes delivery

Nobody said he's the cheapest and by no means is he ripping people off.He offers very good after sales support and eventually he'll be able to offer competitive prices.This is a relatively new business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Snowc wrote: »
    You can get that box for less than €50 here I ordered the minix neo x8 and minix airmouse a2 for less than €120 from them.They ship your order to the Netherlands first and then to you so no import taxes and always have my orders within 2 weeks.

+1 For Banggood, I've ordered a good bit of stuff from them and they have the fastest delivery time i've ever got from a Chinese company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Probably been recommended a few times but I'd go with the Ouya box

I've had a few Android dongles, tvs etc but the most stable Xbmc has been with the Ouya box, you can pick up fairly cheap now on Amazon

Probably been recommended a few times but I'd go with the Ouya box

I've had a few Android dongles, tvs etc but the most stable Xbmc has been with the Ouya box, you can pick up fairly cheap now on Amazon

how much is fairly cheap?

the quad core boxes are only 50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

how much is fairly cheap?

the quad core boxes are only 50

It's seems to have increased in price on Amazon, now £90, but you can get it on adverts for around €70

You can also get the Google play store on the Ouya, definitely worth the look

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Just got an MXII, what benefits would I see from a custom ROM? Tried to root it however any root program I used had issues and couldn't root it.

There are tons of benefits to rooting, E.G. blocking adverts or creating a full backup..
    Rooting gives you full access (Like Administrator Rights on Windows) to your device, that you wouldn't normally have.

This ROM is Pre-Rooted, and installs an XBMC for the MX2.

If that direct Link doesn't work, install from HERE, and make sure to click the correct download link.

Extract it to an SD card and install it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

It's seems to have increased in price on Amazon, now £90, but you can get it on adverts for around €70

You can also get the Google play store on the Ouya, definitely worth the look

all these boxes have google play. nothing wrong with the ouya, but much cheaper options out there for just as good a product.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Allyall wrote: »
    There are tons of benefits to rooting, E.G. blocking adverts or creating a full backup..
    Rooting gives you full access (Like Administrator Rights on Windows) to your device, that you wouldn't normally have.

If that direct Link doesn't work, install from HERE, and make sure to click the correct download link.

Thanks, I will have a go during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

I got an mx2 the other day and straight away flashed it with open-elec linux.and tbh I have a few box's like nano 2 and ouya and the mx2 is by far the smoothest and most stable

Allyall wrote: »

Did I buy a dud box?
    http://www.geekbuying.com/item/MXII-AML8726MX-Cortex-A9-Android-4-2-TV-BOX-Amlogic-MX-1G-8G-XBMC-Bluetooth-327764.html

There is no switch in the av socket to boot and the local update app while is finds the rom it reboots and does nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

massy086 wrote: »
    I got an mx2 the other day and straight away flashed it with open-elec linux.and tbh I have a few box's like nano 2 and ouya and the mx2 is by far the smoothest and most stable

What do you mean by flashed it with open-elec linux ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Did I buy a dud box?
    http://www.geekbuying.com/item/MXII-AML8726MX-Cortex-A9-Android-4-2-TV-BOX-Amlogic-MX-1G-8G-XBMC-Bluetooth-327764.html

There is no switch in the av socket to boot and the local update app while is finds the rom it reboots and does nothing.

Nope, not a Dud box, a different box. Never saw that one before. But it has similar hardware
    That doesn't mean that MX2 ROMs will work with it unfortunately (It doesn't mean they won't, either.). There may be more info in the Geekbuying forums.
    What do you mean by flashed it with open-elec linux ?
    This is Openelec ported to the MX2 - http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?15453-Openelec-port-amlogic-tvbox-that-works-on-8726MX-M6-gbox-mx2-%28by-codesnake-user-of-matricom%29

This is Openelec

http://openelec.tv/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Hey, just wondering is anyone here running Wasser Firmware or Xbmc? I have flashed my old T-R42 with Wasser Firmware 1.0.4 to bring up to Kitkat. Firmware link below. This includes Wasser Xbmc version 1.2.

I think someone posted on here ages ago about running it on a K-R42......

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?9593-UPDATE-T-R42-wasser-firmware-Kikat-Android-4-4-2&highlight=istream

on BEYOND XBMC is there no services option in system??

i want to get yatse working on it

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Anyone have expereince with the M8 Box?

Finally making the leap and getting a box.

• Advertisement

Rochey18 wrote: »

im hopping to buy one from ebay.co.uk next week and then flash it with linux.they are a great box for the money.and tbh i cant see why there is such a price difference from the m8 and the 8x-h

massy086 wrote: »
    im hopping to buy one from ebay.co.uk next week and then flash it with linux.they are a great box for the money.and tbh i cant see why there is such a price difference from the m8 and the 8x-h

I was going to get the MX2 but the M8 seems a much better deal.
    I was also curious as to why the price difference between the m8 and 8x-h.

I was going to get the MX2 but the M8 seems a much better deal.
    I was also curious as to why the price difference between the m8 and 8x-h.

It's brand name imho we had it with the pivo.s boxs.but the sum vision nano.s were half the price and the very same box .same as the 510b

Have had it now for 2-3 months and can't fault it tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

It's great for TV and movies, not so great for sports

threein99 wrote: »
    It's great for TV and movies, not so great for sports

it's my first android box so can't compare, but what's the issue with sport? i stream HD sport with no issues at all (other than a slight pixellation during slow mos)

Main thing I would use it for is the use of two popular apps one for sport and movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

You probably not allowed to mention those apps here so I have sent you a PM Rochey18...

love to know them too remi10 if you wouldn't mind, cheers..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭cullenswood

it's my first android box so can't compare, but what's the issue with sport? i stream HD sport with no issues at all (other than a slight pixellation during slow mos)

How do you watch your sport on XBMC? I never get a great reception. What broadband speed do you have?

Cheers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement