Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an Android Box that runs XBMC - [No copyrighted material]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,619 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I dont think the pic quality for sports is good on these type of boxes, movies are grand but not sports imo

It is if you pay for the HD stream addons.
    You can also find HD streams which are free

Edit: Not sure If I should mention the above.
    MODS can <SNIP> if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

iba wrote: »
    I couldn't resist, bought the ebay one - fingers crossed

But now the ebay age has disappered. Maybe the seller was meant to ut a '1' before the 29.95 and has realised his mistake and deleted the add.

I wonder what happens next as I got an order confirmation and my paypall ayment went through?

Any update on your ebay purchase?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

I've heard the hd subs are hit and miss aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭uRbaN

Could you possible Pm me some of the HD Stream Addons you have had success with (the pay ones)

Acestream & Sopcast are the best I can find for a decent picture on a large screen. Most streams are fine on a tablet or phone...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

MoodeRator wrote: »
    Any update on your ebay purchase?

Didn't work out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

So have saved up a few quid, dont tell the misses and going to buy the Minix....based on previous posts will go with Minix Neo X8-H. So from what I can see the prices are

Geekbuying: $159.17 (risk of VAT) €119~
    Tmart: €115 (risk of VAT)
    Futeko: €132 plus shipping(3.50 from Parcel Motel)
    Ebay: €119 plus risk of VAT
    Ebay UK: €132

So based on the above I am best going with Futeko so I dont risk VAT.....any other ideas guys?

The guys on adverts with one for sale is looking for 125 plus shipping of 11 euro which means he has priced himself out of market

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Big Nelly wrote: »
    So have saved up a few quid, dont tell the misses and going to buy the Minix....based on previous posts will go with Minix Neo X8-H. So from what I can see the prices are

So based on the above I am best going with Futeko so I dont risk VAT.....any other ideas guys?

The guys on adverts with one for sale is looking for 125 plus shipping of 11 euro which means he has priced himself out of market
    Do you have to use Parcelmotel for the Futeko purchase? will they not post?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

They post to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

bazzz wrote: »
    They post to Ireland.

Yes, I thought they did alright, the poster had Parcelmotel on the list though.

I'm seriously considering the 8H from them, as opposed to the Irish vendors with the prep they do. I've been mucking about with XBMC for the last few days and although its a bit finicky, I'm not convinced its all that difficult to install/configure all the streams I'd need.

No but it is free post in UK or £8.99 to Europe....it is cheaper to ship via ParcelMotel at just 3.95(I think that is the cost now).....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭CinSoots

Big Nelly wrote: »

So Futeko is €135.50 including shipping and the guy in Ireland is €136 including shipping and he has priced himself out of the market over €0.50??

I'm literally at a loss with words on this one.

CinSoots wrote: »
    So Futeko is €135.50 including shipping and the guy in Ireland is €136 including shipping and he has priced himself out of the market over €0.50??

Its second hand....he bought and is now selling on.....brand new with no issues around warranty etc for same price from Futeko......that is why I would go with them.....

Only guy in Ireland selling them proper is guy from Waterford, mentioned on this thread, its 150 or 160 with him

CinSoots wrote: »

Actually Parcel Motel is €3.95 now, so he has priced himself out of the market by 5 cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Actually Parcel Motel is €3.95 now, so he has priced himself out of the market by 5 cent.

Futeko post directly to Ireland, no need for Parcel Motel..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Anyone using P2P-Streams on XBMC?

Only got back into using xbmc and that popped up I've looked at a few youtube :o vids they show it playing the videos within xbmc and not external player. I've it all nearly set up but for that part it keeps loading the external player (MXPlayer) :(

Edit. Im using acestream links and have acestream running in the background.

PM would probably be better I'm not sure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

user2011 wrote: »
    Anyone using P2P-Streams on XBMC?

Only got back into using xbmc and that popped up I've looked at a few youtube :o vids they show it playing the videos within xbmc and not external player. I've it all nearly set up but for that part it keeps loading the external player (MXPlayer) :(

Edit. Im using acestream links and have acestream running in the background.

PM would probably be better I'm not sure.

You'll need to re install it and when they ask do you want to use external player, say no.

It's being re-written at the minute, so it's currently down.

You'll need to re install it and when they ask do you want to use external player, say no.

there is no way to get it off mx without having to go the re install route? :(

there is no way to get it off mx without having to go the re install route? :(

Defaults.

Go to Settings -> Apps -> MXPlayer -> Clear defaults

Allyall wrote: »
    It's being re-written at the minute, so it's currently down.

was looking at the thread, enen posted last night a new release http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/threads/18099-RELEASE-p2p-streams-Acestream-and-Sopcast-*BETA*/page264?highlight=streams or is that just the links/stream update and not the addon

First time messing around with it but it looks pretty cool.

• Advertisement

No luck started from scratch. uninstalled all the app sopcast/ace/mx/justxbmc cleared first cache > data > uninstall with all.

started with xbmc > p2p > install sopcast/ace > run ace in background > link then it just hangs for a bit then pops to xbmc home screen then back to links. reinstalled mx click link it hangs with circle in middle.

using my promethus.

No luck started from scratch. uninstalled all the app sopcast/ace/mx/justxbmc cleared first cache > data > uninstall with all.

started with xbmc > p2p > install sopcast/ace > run ace in background > link then it just hangs for a bit then pops to xbmc home screen then back to links. reinstalled mx click link it hangs with circle in middle.

using my promethus.

What XBMC version are you using? I received a lot of help last week from Allyall.

I was getting sound but no pics on any add on I used. On Gotham 13.

I uninstalled and went back to Frodo, and now its working fine again.

How do you find the Prometheus? I'm seriously looking into getting one!

What XBMC version are you using? I received a lot of help last week from Allyall.

I was getting sound but no pics on any add on I used. On Gotham 13.

I uninstalled and went back to Frodo, and now its working fine again.

How do you find the Prometheus? I'm seriously looking into getting one!

justXBMCv4.apk is the name of the file i downloaded, I'll not be able to get near the box the soaps are on.

Don't know if thats gotham or what it was quick google and click :o

Edit: promethus is fine. was using it just to log on into a website to watch the football last season fell out with xbmc links not working that kinda stuff.

justXBMCv4.apk is the name of the file i downloaded, I'll not be able to get near the box the soaps are on.

Don't know if thats gotham or what it was quick google and click :o

Edit: promethus is fine. was using it just to log on into a website to watch the football last season fell out with xbmc links not working that kinda stuff.

Hi,

Do you know if justxbmc ever gets ugraded/newer version, cause that version is over a year old now?

Thanks

Hi,

Do you know if justxbmc ever gets ugraded/newer version, cause that version is over a year old now?

Thanks

I don't iba, I'll get stuck into it tomorrow house to myself so something to occupy my time with.

Hopefully some are ye are around to give a hand if/when i'm still stuck :pac:

I don't iba, I'll get stuck into it tomorrow house to myself so something to occupy my time with.

How is that Prometheus box?

Thanks for your reply.

Might try this one tomorrow that I just came across:

http://www.ultimatexbmc.com/

and at the bottom of this page is the free version :

http://www.ultimatexbmc.com/#!donate/c22cd

:mad: I'm giving up.

I went with iba's suggestion above when I got to transferring the .xbmc folder after deleting the original rewarded with NOT ENOUGH SPACE (about 40/50mb left to go) :mad: So a no go with that.

Tried beyondxbmc3.4 went about setting up p2p got it showing the stream within xbmc but could only watch for a few mins before it went into constant buffering, I can watch sopcast and acestream at the highest bit stream no hassle on my computer i'm confident it's not my internet speed. Could be the cache or the ram being to full or something else :confused:

Frustrating doesn't even come close :(

I'll stick with my monthly sub to a site will also be looking at sites branners had suggested to.

@michael.. I only use it for the browser to watch from a paid site or streaming apps it's totally fine for that. You can see from the crap above with xbmc it's f**king annoying as hell. Sorry I can't be anymore helpful then that.

Edit: My last go at this pretty much died straight away, my mk908ii which I hadn't used since the other tv broke, mk908ii is also "broke" it flashes on and off and the screen has red marks across it. Think the last rom i put on it was 1.6 finless. Went looking for the batch tool found 1.7 but it won't pick up the mk even in bootloader mode (hold reset button then connect usb cable). Also noticed all of finless roms are taken down on freaktab has he left the scene?

:mad: I'm giving up.

I went with iba's suggestion above when I got to transferring the .xbmc folder after deleting the original rewarded with NOT ENOUGH SPACE (about 40/50mb left to go) :mad: So a no go with that.

Tried beyondxbmc3.4 went about setting up p2p got it showing the stream within xbmc but could only watch for a few mins before it went into constant buffering, I can watch sopcast and acestream at the highest bit stream no hassle on my computer i'm confident it's not my internet speed. Could be the cache or the ram being to full or something else :confused:

Frustrating doesn't even come close :(

I'll stick with my monthly sub to a site will also be looking at sites branners had suggested to.

@michael.. I only use it for the browser to watch from a paid site or streaming apps it's totally fine for that. You can see from the crap above with xbmc it's f**king annoying as hell. Sorry I can't be anymore helpful then that.

Edit: My last go at this pretty much died straight away, my mk908ii which I hadn't used since the other tv broke, mk908ii is also "broke" it flashes on and off and the screen has red marks across it. Think the last rom i put on it was 1.6 finless. Went looking for the batch tool found 1.7 but it won't pick up the mk even in bootloader mode (hold reset button then connect usb cable). Also noticed all of finless roms are taken down on freaktab has he left the scene?

If you follow this video you will be sorted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEI_-lcxTWg

perhaps put it on your PC first and then the stick.

I used Gotham Beta 3

• Advertisement

:mad:

Does your Prometheus have a heatsink installed?

If not, you can buy THIS ONE

You may need a different ROM too. I have a Prometheus sitting here for a while, the power on it is gone, I'll dig it out during the week and get a power. I can't remember what ROM I have on it, but it ran/runs very smoothly for me (With Heatsink).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement