Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an Android Box that runs XBMC - [No copyrighted material]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Thanks TTG, appreciate it.

Ben

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

i use this one which works perfectly

Nice, do you have link to it? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭randombar

Anyone using the photos section of XBMC and what are they using to serve/manage the photos?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Anyone using the photos section of XBMC and what are they using to serve/manage the photos?

Not using it now but I've used it in the past to access Windows & Linux shares.
    You can also store your photos on your box or a USB key and access them from that.

I haven't used this but there's a Dropbox plugin. Dunno how well it works or if it works.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:Dbmc_(Dropbox_add-on)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Newtown90

My x8 arrived in parcel motel today.

Must collect it after work.

Not sure there is anything preloaded but looking forward to a play :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

BenThere wrote: »
    FYI, the MX8 I ordered from Geekbuying on June 7th, which was shipped to me on June 25th arrived this morning. €115 delivered and no customs charged that I'm aware of anyway!!

Included in the €115 was the Minix Neo M1 Air Mouse (which looks pretty snazzy) and a little FOC goody bag which included an all in One for USB 2.0 4 port Hub, an OTG/USB Card Reader, an 8GB micro SDHC card and a Geekbuying branded NFC tag which I'm looking forward to having a play with.

The delay was too long but now that I have it I'm very pleased with the value for money. I would still however be prepared to pay a bit of a premium to the local reseller for after sales support.

Now all I have to do is set it up etc.

Ben
    i got the same delivered today.

now to set it up.
    does any one have a definitive list of must have apps/add-ons ?
    (PMs welcome if necessary ;)) Or is there a thread on set up of these boxes ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Nice, do you have link to it? Thanks

there's loads on ebay, but bought from this guy as he was UK based

i bought it for the M8 and it works perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Got my x8 there...

Nothing set up :/ oh the amount of hair that will be pulled out Saturday will not be healthy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Loving my X8 so far but one problem I've discovered is if I shutdown the box I can't power it on again via the remote. I have to push the power button on the side of the box it's self. Has anyone else noticed this or am I doing something totally stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Loving my X8 so far but one problem I've discovered is if I shutdown the box I can't power it on again via the remote. I have to push the power button on the side of the box it's self. Has anyone else noticed this or am I doing something totally stupid.

nah, thats the norm with this box

• Advertisement

Put the box to sleep. The power button on the air mouse is infra red. So if you put the box to sleep you have to have line of sight to power it back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Knock Off Nigel

Can anyone recommend a good air remote

timetogo wrote: »
    Put the box to sleep. The power button on the air mouse is infra red. So if you put the box to sleep you have to have line of sight to power it back up.

Thought the M1 air mouse worked on 2.4 GHz signal so won't work when powered off as the USB port is off but the basic stock remote is infra red so should work no matter what state it's in. I have a good few things plunged into a gang socket so always unplug it at night.

Thought the M1 air mouse worked on 2.4 GHz signal so won't work when powered off as the USB port is off but the basic stock remote is infra red so should work no matter what state it's in. I have a good few things plunged into a gang socket so always unplug it at night.

Yeah the remote is WiFi except for the power button function.

timetogo wrote: »
    Yeah the remote is WiFi except for the power button function.

Ah its no big deal, just gotta get up off my ass to turn it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

The thing I noticed, is that the infra-red received is on the side of the box that has the blue light on it. If you were like me I had the side with the power button and the USB ports facing me, which meant that the IR sensor couldn't see the remote control signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

i use this one which works perfectly

$_35.JPG
    Can anyone recommend a good air remote
    there's loads on ebay, but bought from this guy as he was UK based

i bought it for the M8 and it works perfectly

see above posts

Seen these in bargains

First is ebay.....looks a bit dodgy because of the price....one guy in bargain has ordered......http://www.ebay.ie/itm/MINIX-NEO-X8-H-Android-4-4-Smart-TV-Box-Amlogic-S802-H-Quad-Core-XBMC-Dolby-DTS-/221503626537?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Internet_TV_Media_Streamers&hash=item3392a51d29

Next is tmart, use code at checkout to get price.....

http://www.tmart.com/MINIX-NEO-X8-MI...d_p272701.html

http://www.tmart.com/promotion/MINIX-4K-TV-Player.html

coupon code: TVBOX

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Big Nelly wrote: »

I couldn't resist, bought the ebay one - fingers crossed

But now the ebay age has disappered. Maybe the seller was meant to ut a '1' before the 29.95 and has realised his mistake and deleted the add.

I wonder what happens next as I got an order confirmation and my paypall ayment went through?

iba wrote: »

I know I am not sure what to do....I guess paypal will cover?

The feedback is odd, most of it was submitted on the same day at the exact same time....and by China seller......

• Advertisement

iba wrote: »

But now the ebay age has disappered. Maybe the seller was meant to ut a '1' before the 29.95 and has realised his mistake and deleted the add.

I wonder what happens next as I got an order confirmation and my paypall ayment went through?

Crap I was just about to buy:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭randombar

Quick one on the T-Mart, noticed it's an X8 rather than an X8-H, I think the H is something to do with hardware decoding or some such so I'm guessing better?

Quick one on the T-Mart, noticed it's an X8 rather than an X8-H, I think the H is something to do with hardware decoding or some such so I'm guessing better?

The H version from what I seen on other sites is the 16GB version....the non H version is the 8GB....could be wrong thou.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

-The difference is the CPU (S802 VS S802-H)and Storage (8GB VS 16GB)

-The only difference is the support for Dolby DTS video decoding .

S802 devices use XBMC or MX player S/W.to decoding the dolby and dts.

S802-H support hardware decoding dolby and dts ,which means no matter which video player you use, it will always have sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Knock Off Nigel

Is there an app on ios that can control an android tv box does anybody know

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

You need your iOS device to be jailbroken and go to Cydia and buy WeBe++

http://www.weblooks.ch/portfolio-items/webe-bluetooth-hid-mouse-keyboard/

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Allyall wrote: »
    You need your iOS device to be jailbroken and go to Cydia and buy WeBe++

http://www.weblooks.ch/portfolio-items/webe-bluetooth-hid-mouse-keyboard/

Tried to pm you & your inbox is full. Having a bit of a problem with my MX box,it's hung up on turning on wifi screen in options.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭No_Deal

Been looking at XBMC the past few weeks, running it on my laptop, seriously considering a TV Box now ahead of the new Premier League season; after reading through this thread I'm thinking the Minix X8 is my best option?

Just spotted this on adverts - http://www.adverts.ie/tv/minix-neo-x8-h-tv-box/6059745?notification=f188786bcb9a950b0d51b563035b9180-1406625122 - seems very cheap compared to some of the figures I've seen mentioned, worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

No_Deal wrote: »
    Been looking at XBMC the past few weeks, running it on my laptop, seriously considering a TV Box now ahead of the new Premier League season; after reading through this thread I'm thinking the Minix X8 is my best option?

Just spotted this on adverts - http://www.adverts.ie/tv/minix-neo-x8-h-tv-box/6059745?notification=f188786bcb9a950b0d51b563035b9180-1406625122 - seems very cheap compared to some of the figures I've seen mentioned, worth it?

How much is delivery?

I would also have reservations if something goes wrong with the box?

I bought the x8 from Futeko with the slick Air Mouse for €150 delivered. I ordered Thursday afternoon and received it yesterday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

No_Deal wrote: »

I dont think the pic quality for sports is good on these type of boxes, movies are grand but not sports imo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement