Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an Android Box that runs XBMC - [No copyrighted material]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Ok so I have set up my box and entered kodi but there is nothing inside where do I download everything from no links, I spent 3 hrs at it last night I haven't a clue I thought it would be pre installed and update its self? or am I wrong?

Google seo-michael look in xbmc/kodi section just go through each thing he posts about decide for yourself what you want to install. He has all steps you need in writing and pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Make sure your tv is supports the resolution set in the box. If not change the setting.

Change the setting on the box? Was looking on the TV and couldnt find an option.

I am sure I had it working before

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

dahat, How do yo go about fixing it.?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Change the setting on the box? Was looking on the TV and couldnt find an option.

I am sure I had it working before

Yes setting on the box. Go to setting and lower screen resolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭dahat

dahat, How do yo go about fixing it.?

Thanks

Go to your Progam add ons and look for Xunity Maintenance (assuming you have the repo installed).
    There is a fix within that called "keyboard fix", click on that and exit then you should have a full keyboard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭dahat

user2011 wrote: »
    Google seo-michael look in xbmc/kodi section just go through each thing he posts about decide for yourself what you want to install. He has all steps you need in writing and pictures.

+1 . A great blog for a beginner user.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but any time I have tried to watch anything on icefilms it asks me to set up an account and then asks for credit card details, is this the safe enough to do it or is it a scam?
    Thanks for any advice/input.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

wilser wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right place to post this but any time I have tried to watch anything on icefilms it asks me to set up an account and then asks for credit card details, is this the safe enough to do it or is it a scam?

I'm years using icefilms and have never been asked for anything like that!

It's a definite scam!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

wilser wrote: »
    Deffo scam. Did you buy the box from a seller like on adverts or done deal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

Ready to order, seen mention of sending to Parcel Motel, has anyone shipped via quick shipping to Parcel Motel? Or just ship via standard slow boat to Parcel motel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭dodzy

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    Ready to order.....
    What ?
    And from where ?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭show me the money.1

user2011 wrote: »

A1 had a look at it and had it working in 10 minutes thanks

dodzy wrote: »
    What ?
    And from where ?

Pipo x7s from China...

I was going with Wintel W8 but found review that said windows is not activated so need to buy windows for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Pipo x7s from China...

I was going with Wintel W8 but found review that said windows is not activated so need to buy windows for it

I'm not sure why you'd want to use PM for ordering from china, unless its to try and evade customs, but if it gets caught in UK customs then PM will refuse it and I'm not sure how you could get the customs paid and the box sent onto your personal address in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I'm not sure why you'd want to use PM for ordering from china, unless its to try and evade customs, but if it gets caught in UK customs then PM will refuse it and I'm not sure how you could get the customs paid and the box sent onto your personal address in that case.

You can . you just pay whoever wants the customs money and they'll deliver it to pm.
    One of the couriers wouldn't take an Irish credit card once before so had to pay by bank transfer and that cost as much as the customs .

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    You can . you just pay whoever wants the customs money and they'll deliver it to pm.
    One of the couriers wouldn't take an Irish credit card once before so had to pay by bank transfer and that cost as much as the customs .

Did they ring you when the box arrived at Parcel Motel? or how did you know you needed to pay?

Did they ring you when the box arrived at Parcel Motel? or how did you know you needed to pay?

I was tracking them and seen the customs charge on the tracking info so rang them up.

Id only use it for the free postage now. Still quicker than post to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

If you're willing to run the all or nothing risk of PM definitely don't opt for the quicker delivery - the admin fee creates a strong incentive for DHL and other carriers to declare it with customs liable for VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭dodzy

Pipo x7s from China...

Box looks good.

Skip parcel motel for anything outside EU. Waste of time, and too risky. Just get is shipped to your door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Anyone with a mobie box and that cartoon app. Anyone know why the keyboard keeps coming up in chinese? * i can still type with the airmouse though, thank god, just a pita searching ;(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

What app/plug-in are you guys using to view tv stations on your android boxes?

I dont use an Android box myself, but from what I have gathered its basically running Kodi (New name for XBMC)?? Ive used Navi-X on it for several years, but to be honest its pretty rubbish with many links being down and sub standard quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

vdubt25

donegal. wrote: »
    vdubt25

Its down .someone aparrently ripped his streams so he closed it down .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BandMember

I dont use an Android box myself, but from what I have gathered its basically running Kodi (New name for XBMC)?? Ive used Navi-X on it for several years, but to be honest its pretty rubbish with many links being down and sub standard quality.

If you don't use an android box, what are you using? Also, remember that the picture quality on your screen depends on both the stream and the device you are using to stream it.

There are loads and loads of add ons for live tv but, in my experience, they are both unreliable and poor SD quality while they don't tend to last long before becoming obsolete. In the main, if you want reliability and HD, you'll have to pay - but that's nothing something that we can discuss here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Its down .someone aparrently ripped his streams so he closed it down .

What does ripping stream mean?

What does ripping stream mean?

Basically, somebody was copying his streams in another add on and claiming them as their own. It's happened a few times now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

BandMember wrote: »
    Basically, somebody was copying his streams in another add on and claiming them as their own. It's happened a few times now.

Thanks, kinda new to this.

Any alternatives to his.add-on?

Yep. Just go four posts back. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Ninja edit. PM Sent.

• Advertisement

Mezcita wrote: »
    *Named Add On* is excellent.

Really? I found it full of poor to average SD streams which may or may not work when you try them. I've actually uninstalled it from my system.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement