Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an Android Box that runs XBMC - [No copyrighted material]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭Invincible

eamonnq wrote: »
    What is wrong with it ?

He mentioned earlier in thread problem with power supply, MK808B thought it could possibly be burned out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

eamonnq wrote: »
    What is wrong with it ?

i bought a batch of 5 of them, they all worked perfect, now 3 of the 5 wont tun on, no light, nothing. Won't connect to PC either. The units warm up so power is going to them

Logged a call with supplier and they asked if anyone around ireland fixes and they will pay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Anyone else finding addons running slow on android boxes ? Genesis and other apps are so slow i cant even use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭dahat

will56 wrote: »
    Anyone else finding addons running slow on android boxes ? Genesis and other apps are so slow i cant even use them.

Box too full? With Android and Kodi using the ram ot can slow a box down. Delete unused add ons and apps.

Half the stuff people put on these boxes are never used

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

dahat wrote: »
    Box too full? With Android and Kodi using the ram ot can slow a box down. Delete unused add ons and apps.

I would agree, just install the add on's you actually use, you will find in long run you will have 3-4 add ons and that is it, rest just sit there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cathorio

You guys seem to know what you are talking about so I'm hoping you can help me. I recently bought a Walker Smart TV Box,
    Attributes :
    Connects via HDMI & Wifi
    Android 4.2.2 Operating System
    Rockchip Quad Core Processor
    1 GB Ram + 8GB Flash
    Micro SD Storage up to 32GB
    Built in Realtek Wifi Module
    Supports DLNA
    What I would like to know is can I connect my iPad using WiFi to it so I can see my photos and listen to my music??
    Cheers!👍

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Anybody finding 'The Box Of Shows';) acting up lately? Having issues with buffering and last night an episode stopping 2/3 of the way through.

cathorio wrote: »
    You guys seem to know what you are talking about so I'm hoping you can help me. I recently bought a Walker Smart TV Box,
    Attributes :
    Connects via HDMI & Wifi
    Android 4.2.2 Operating System
    Rockchip Quad Core Processor
    1 GB Ram + 8GB Flash
    Micro SD Storage up to 32GB
    Built in Realtek Wifi Module
    Supports DLNA
    What I would like to know is can I connect my iPad using WiFi to it so I can see my photos and listen to my music??
    Cheers!👍

MiraCast should be on it,that will let you connect to other devices-works over your wifi and the easy explanation is that it's like connecting via Bluetooth,it's really simple to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭statto25

zerks wrote: »
    Anybody finding 'The Box Of Shows';) acting up lately? Having issues with buffering and last night an episode stopping 2/3 of the way through.

Clear the cache and app data. It was actin the tool yesterday for me too and there are loads of folks moaning on the Facebook page. Working fine for me today after that.

I actually didn't have that much extra crap on it. Deleted apps and cleared the cache but Kodi, Genesis & other add-ons still ran slow.

I uninstalled Kodi and deleted the .apk files of the box and went with a fresh install.

Everything seems to be running fine now :)

Just a thought but would having my movies files accessed through a samba file share cause Kodi and add-ons to run slow ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭jimosterberg

Flashed an mxq with openelec and the ok button on the remote won't work now. Tried a different remote and still no joy. Air mouse works but that's no use as it's for a friend. Anyone have this issue before and have an easy fix or a suggestion?

If not can anyone post the latest firmware for me to reflash it to android and can I do this via toothpick over openelec. Thanks

I actually didn't have that much extra crap on it. Deleted apps and cleared the cache but Kodi, Genesis & other add-ons still ran slow.

I uninstalled Kodi and deleted the .apk files of the box and went with a fresh install.

Everything seems to be running fine now :)

Just a thought but would having my movies files accessed through a samba file share cause Kodi and add-ons to run slow ?

Can't be sure but I'd say no.

Kodi has a habit of building up to 5gb in total if cache,packages and crash logs aren't cleared regular. I haven't come across it myself but have seen people say Kodi just stopped working after using all available space on the box.

OREGATO wrote: »
    Hi guys, looking for some advice.

I want to buy one of these boxes to run Kodi, Netflix etc. I'll be streaming 3D and 4k content and want a box that will be able to handle same without issues.

I've taken a look through parts of the thread but I'm just looking for a recommendation to the best one to get. I don't want to spend a tonne but can someone give me a few recommendations?

Thanks in advance

Hi I have a Walker Smart quad-core box,,,,, I'm running Kodi no need for Netflix with Kodi.
    It's one of the cheapest on the maker....of course I could be wrong on that one.
    Good Luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭blass

I am sure its been mentioned before but I duste doff my OUYA recently after leaving it in the cupboard for months and it runs KODI Helix 14.2 like a dream. Better than I ever remember it handling Gotham. I use it wired with a homeplug but wireless was decent too (but always go with wired if possible). My advice is do not use a wizard when installing addons. Best to add tvaddons.ag manually and a couple of other repos so you can manually install which addons you will actually use. That you don't clog up KODI with addons you will never use and you also reduce time it takes for updates.

Can't be sure but I'd say no.

Kodi has a habit of building up to 5gb in total if cache,packages and crash logs aren't cleared regular. I haven't come across it myself but have seen people say Kodi just stopped working after using all available space on the box.

Happened to me,Kodi wouldn't even get past the start up screen,it had filled the memory on the box with crash logs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

zerks wrote: »
    Happened to me,Kodi wouldn't even get past the start up screen,it had filled the memory on the box with crash logs etc.

Hi Folks

How do I clear Kodi cache

and do I need to clear Cache for addons , Genesis , Navi x etc, if I clear Kodi Cache

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭Invincible

k123456 wrote: »
    Hi Folks

How do I clear Kodi cache

and do I need to clear Cache for addons , Genesis , Navi x etc, if I clear Kodi Cache

Thanks

Go into Video Add-ons, Xunity talk.com,Maintenance, select Delete my cache & Delete packages, also Delete crash logs.
    Then restart Kodi for it to tale effect.
    If you go into Tweaks in Xunity, you can select Add Mikey1234 Advanced XML

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Pinkman

Sorry if this has been asked and answered but is the StarBox the best one at the €120 price range? Based on the youtube vids they posted on their page it seems very impressive. Cheers.

http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/q_android+tv+box/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,016 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Pinkman wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked and answered but is the StarBox the best one at the €120 price range? Based on the youtube vids they posted on their page it seems very impressive. Cheers.

http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/q_android+tv+box/

Same box about half the price here. You can put the addons yourself in about 5 mins.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/J-Bonest%C2%AE-Miracast-Display-Amlogic-Bluetooh/dp/B00S9QOYF4/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1428944066&sr=8-5&keywords=mxq+quad+core+tv+box

• Registered Users Posts: 3 OwenM123

What is the best android box running Xbmc , android 4.4.2 and has 2gb ram, and comes with mouse and keyboard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭davidfitz22

Hi, I have noticed a trend of irish sellers selling fully loaded xbmc boxes for around the 100 mark. I have purchased the same android box for 40 euro and have loaded xbmc on to it myself with some add-ons. Does anyone know the XBMC/ Kodi add-ons and pvtv setup these irish sellers have loaded on them.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 3 OwenM123

Try htpc beginner.com 20 best addons 2015

The best one on the market has to be the Walker Box...
    Quad Core!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Quad Core!!!!

Why would you think that ?

Quad Core!!!!

People really need to do a bit of research on these boxes :rolleyes:
    Between Amazon/Ebay and the chinese sites its not hard to find equivalent spec for half the price.

It only takes a little bit of searching then to find the best addons for Kodi.

Really bugs me when I see these boxes on adverts or facebook for €110/120+ with a blurb that makes them more sound more complicated than they actually are

People really need to do a bit of research on these boxes :rolleyes:
    Between Amazon/Ebay and the chinese sites its not hard to find equivalent spec for half the price.

It only takes a little bit of searching then to find the best addons for Kodi.

Really bugs me when I see these boxes on adverts or facebook for €110/120+ with a blurb that makes them more sound more complicated than they actually are

+1

Fully loaded = massively overpriced.

There is a seller, Munster gadgets selling MXQ boxes for €100, yes that's correct. Unreal fleecing.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭blass

If you are after a reasonably priced KODI/XBMC player then an Android stick (EUR50-70) released in the last couple of years combined with an Ethernet adapter (EUR 10 or cheaper) http://www.ebay.ie/itm/MICRO-USB-auf-ETHERNET-10-100M-NETZWERK-RJ45-LAN-ADAPTER-ANDROID-PC-WIN-7-WIN-8-/171383616837?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item27e7427545 for wired connection is a decent option. Obviously there are better more powerful options out there but if you buy wisely you can have an XBMC/KODI set up for EUR 60 to EUR80. Don't be afraid to load the ADDONS YOURSELF, youtube is full of excellent easy to follow videos about adding repo's and addons manually. Its really not difficult once you give it a go.

+1

Fully loaded = massively overpriced.

There is a seller, Munster gadgets selling MXQ boxes for €100, yes that's correct. Unreal fleecing.

Part of me wishes I thought of it first :)
    Adverts/DoneDeal etc are all flooded now with ads for these boxes with "custom software" thats taken "teams of people many hours to perfect"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

Part of me wishes I thought of it first :)
    Adverts/DoneDeal etc are all flooded now with ads for these boxes with "custom software" thats taken "teams of people many hours to perfect"

These creeps should be vilified for making profit on community generated free software, makes my blood boil :mad:

• Advertisement

degsie wrote: »
    These creeps should be vilified for making profit on community generated free software, makes my blood boil :mad:

Its shilling like that which will stop decent open source software like this being created and maintained as well as it is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement