Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is it wrong to oppose mass immigration?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Nodin wrote: »
    What is Burnley supposed to be like?
    Looks quite nice. Won an award for the 'Most Enterprising Area in the UK' this year.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burnley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

...indeed, which makes one ask what the problem is with Burnley? The local football team? The weather (grim up north etc)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Knob Longman

I want a stop to it all until we sort our house out - i dont think that is unreasonable at all..

We have spent almost 100 years trying to sort our house out and we have failed miserably, I can't wait to see what the outcome will be once immigrants start getting involved in politics and business here, They have the numbers to make a large impact, and the fact the brightest and best of our own generally tend to emigrate means it should be an interesting outcome..

This country would die a slow death without immigration..

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭stanley1980

We need to stamp out fraud on every level from welfare recipients to business owners,politicians,gardai and banksters.

We need to send out a strong message to welfare tourists too..

We need to show strong example and make an example of these people,what about the anglo two who were joking on the phone running off with millions and last i heard they were living the good life in some sleepy suburbs of america?

What kind of fucking country are we at all..

We need to show strong example that people cannot just turn up here and claim asylum or get to be an immigrant living in ireland,its just not on..

We have serious unemployment levels here in ireland,and enda kennys solution is job bridge and working 20 hours for the council and get payed 20 euros for working 20 hours..

These schemes only worsen the unemployment levels undercutting the real paid jobs market,and converting what could be a paid job to unpaid work..

Stealing what could be a paying job from the working classes and middle classes.

Ive seen care jobs being advertised by job bridge and the like,its a disgrace.

Our country is a mess and its getting worse,and the more asylum seekers / immigratns that are taken on the worse it will get.

Its a numbers game to them,they dont care they just want more heads to tax for water and property but they will pay for it in the end when they have to fund their stay here and some of these cases of asylum go on for ten years..

I think it's healthy that people are debating important issues like this but you clearly have no idea what you're on about-it's embarrassing. The sad thing is I've no doubt many other ill-informed and prejudiced (you clearly have some fascination with Africans (by the way what does a 'heavy African accent' sound like?!) are raising their torches and pitch forks in agreement with you!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

infosys wrote: »
    Austrialia has had 1.2 million immigrants arrive between 2000 and 2010, 25% of their population are migrants compared to Ireland's 12%. It's far easier to migrate to Australia than Ireland. While you may not like that it's a fact.

Australia is quite an open country to those with genuine skills, the population is growing quite quickly for a developed country. The two biggest contributors is India and China. UK being third.

Its just the rubbish and shoe scrapings they are opposed to.
    infosys wrote: »

They also according to their own estimates have in excess of 60,000 illegal workers. http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/87illegal.htm#c

DIPB do not give statistics for breakdown of illegals but my Brother-in-law works in Border Protection, I was very surprised that the biggest group of over-stayers was the British then Chinese then interestingly USA.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Australia is quite an open country to those with genuine skills, the population is growing quite quickly for a developed country. The two biggest contributors is India and China. UK being third.

Its just the rubbish and shoe scrapings they are opposed to.

DIPB do not give statistics for breakdown of illegals but my Brother-in-law works in Border Protection, I was very surprised that the biggest group of over-stayers was the British then Chinese then interestingly USA.

Ireland also only wants the top workers, but unlike Australia Ireland has an agreement with 27 countries allowing free movement of workers. The largest non EU group in Ireland is China which is also the fastest growing, like Australia our second largest national group over all is UK with Poland being the largest.

The point being that our immigration outside the EU is relatively small, and while there is abuses of the system, it is in fact difficult to legally reside and work here.

In Australia for example if you are an immigrant, there is a scheme to get your parents a permission to enter and reside, there is simply no such scheme here. Its possible in Australia to get a multi year multi visit visa for parents/grand parents again nothing like that here. This has led to the situation where the only way a grand parent can get regular contact is to overstay a visit visa and apply for humanitarian leave, and they are told by INIS that this is the only way to have constitutional and convention rights considered.

My own view of biggest group of illegals in Ireland would be again like Australia Chinese, followed by Pakistan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 mikemorano

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/imm_imm_pop_imm_as_per_of_sta_pop-immigrant-population-immigrants-percentage-state

This link might shed some light on Irish immigration. When you compare you see that Britain,Germany and the USA have a lower immigrant percentage .These are traditional immigrant countries and more important lower unemployument rates.
    Why are immigrants still coming to Ireland, one reason better welfare rates.eg UK single person JSA £70 GPB Ireland 188 euro.

This link shows Ireland has doubled its welfare spending since 1999 to 2009 . Compare with other EU countries !!

http://epp.eurostat.ec.europa.eu/statistics_explained/index.php?title=File:Expenditure_on_social_protection,_1999-2009_(%25_of_GDP).png&filetimestamp=20121221152929

mikemorano wrote: »
    http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/imm_imm_pop_imm_as_per_of_sta_pop-immigrant-population-immigrants-percentage-state

This link might shed some light on Irish immigration. When you compare you see that Britain,Germany and the USA have a lower immigrant percentage .These are traditional immigrant countries and more important lower unemployument rates.
    Why are immigrants still coming to Ireland, one reason better welfare rates.eg UK single person JSA £70 GPB Ireland 188 euro.

The figure for Ireland does not tally with CSO figures. Also the Irish figures includes NI born resident in the Republic, excluding UK nationals the Irish figure is less than 10%. The figure quoted for UK at under 9% is from 2001 the current figure is 12%.

The welfare argument does not tally. UK immigration has remaind static to Ireland. EU members have no right to SW I will say it again "Habitial residence". A EU national cannot just arrive and claim unemployment, they can come looking for work but can not claim unemployment.

If you also look at the nationmaster figure for immigration % in ireland you will discover its source is Wikipedia. I think I'll stick with the CSO rather than a wiki page. So in fact our % is less than USA, UK and Germany.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭hotbabe1992

Are you trying to say they dont spend a penny on these asylum seekers,i have never seen one homeless asylum seeker,(and they will probably never face homelessness and get given priority)but i have seen plenty of homeless irish people.

They spend on them through provision,its not just the 19 euro a week,its regular dinners,its kitchen staff,its boards staff and security,and everything else that goes with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Are you trying to say they dont spend a penny on these asylum seekers,i have never seen one homeless asylum seeker,(and they will probably never face homelessness and get given priority)but i have seen plenty of homeless irish people.
    So you can spot an asylum seeker too, impressive. If they are asylum seekers they will be in the direct provision system which means accommodation is provided hence you will not see a homeless asylum seeker. Do you have any idea what you are talking about when it comes to immigration and asylum seeking in this country?
    They spend on them through provision,its not just the 19 euro a week,its regular dinners,its kitchen staff,its boards staff and security,and everything else that goes with it.
    We are obliged to take in asylum seekers, by extension we are obliged to house and feed them until their applications are processed. What are you suggesting, that we just let them starve?

• Advertisement

Im suggesting we send them home,is that too hard for you to grasp?All this humanitarian aid is literally killing the planet we are propping up more and more people with a higher fertility rate,its no wonder the planet is over populated.

Its not just that what kind of country do we want....Africa,the middle east and shaira law?

Look at the beheading of lee rigby on the streets of london,when are we going to actually get it?

When someone cuts our heads off?Is that when the penny drops because i'll tell ya its too late..

and in before racist :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭stanley1980

How could you or I possibly look at a homeless person and know if they're an asylum seeker? You've already shown a pretty impressive lack of knowledge on ethnicity in your previous posts I might add.
    Just out of curiosity are you opposed to offering asylum in all cases? e.g. if a person's life is at risk if they return to their country of origin?
    Do you understand the difference between immigration and seeking asylum? I think these terms are quite blurry for you.
    Lastly, I've no doubt that if the Irish government started pumping large funds into tackling homelessness you would invariably be on here criticising that too!

Survival of the fittest,if we didnt prop africa up with aid their population wouldnt be heading for 2.4 billion..

Im suggesting we send them home,is that too hard for you to grasp?All this humanitarian aid is literally killing the planet we are propping up more and more people with a higher fertility rate,its no wonder the planet is over populated.
    We cannot just "send them home", I'm not going to get into this overpopulation thing with you again either - you just seem to rehash this despite what everyone is saying to you about how dubious the connection you are making actually is.
    Its not just that what kind of country do we want....Africa,the middle east and shaira law?

Look at the beheading of lee rigby on the streets of london,when are we going to actually get it?

When someone cuts our heads off?Is that when the penny drops because i'll tell ya its too late..
    I was wondering how long it would take before you'd go down this road.
    and in before racist :rolleyes:
    Grow up, and try to address what people are actually saying to you rather than throwing out this sort of nonsense.

We cannot just "send them home"

So now you are debating where their home is...I was wondering when you were going to get all champagne liberal on me..

This is the kind of thinking that got lee rigby beheaded - all cultures can live in peace and harmony right especially with islam

I just found it so funny and odd how cameron came out and said it had nothing to do with islam when adebowale came out with blood soaked hands with a meat cleaver saying it had to do with islam and the fact that soldiers were in their country and eye for an eye..

This is why britian is ****ed and anybody who says britain is a paradise is absolutely blind and ignorant.

Just the other day a woman got raped down the boroughs by a group of asian men picking on whitey.

Is this some sort of utopia we are living in you might ask yourself :rolleyes:

This is the result of immigration.

Can you wake up yet?

So now you are debating where their home is...I was wondering when you were going to get all champagne liberal on me..
    I wasn't debating where their home is, you stated in the context of asylum seekers that we should just "send them home" - I was simply stating that under our international obligations we cannot just kick them out.
    This is the kind of thinking that got lee rigby beheaded - all cultures can live in peace and harmony right especially with islam

I just found it so funny and odd how cameron came out and said it had nothing to do with islam when adebowale came out with blood soaked hands with a meat cleaver saying it had to do with islam and the fact that soldiers were in their country and eye for an eye..

This is why britian is ****ed and anybody who says britain is a paradise is absolutely blind and ignorant.

Just the other day a woman got raped down the boroughs by a group of asian men picking on whitey.

Is this some sort of utopia we are living in you might ask yourself :rolleyes:

This is the result of immigration.

Can you wake up yet?
    Any particular reason you've moved on from generalising about "the blacks" to doing the same with "the Muslims"?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'm off the opinion that the freedoms provided to EU citizens are for the free movement of labour and work. Not social welfare payments.

I'd like to see some balls in our government...and not succumbing to cheap calla of racism and PC. If someone has come here to work and is out of employment and on social welfare X time...they should either be A) Moved back to their country of origin or B) Their home nation should reimburse our government for the social welfare payments.

A fifth of our social welfare payments go to non nationals. Our welfare bill is our biggest deficit and block to recovery. Tough times call for tough measures.

And we can all get uppidty and on high horses...but until people stop being intimidated by the toothless PC brigade correct and effective decisions can't be made and opinions cannot be formed.

Here is an educational piece for you sourced from youtube...Its pat condell he is a britsh citizen and has a lot to say about liberals/progressives..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz4PjxSmtoI&feature=c4-overview&list=UUWOkEnBl5TO4SCLfSlosjgg

I know it probably goes against your own personal thoughts but try to open your mind and see if you can disagree with anything he says..

If you can im all ears for it..

Here is an educational piece for you sourced from youtube...Its pat condell he is a britsh citizen and has a lot to say about liberals/progressives..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz4PjxSmtoI&feature=c4-overview&list=UUWOkEnBl5TO4SCLfSlosjgg

I know it probably goes against your own personal thoughts but try to open your mind and see if you can disagree with anything he says..

No you are not!

TheDoc wrote: »
    I'd like to see some balls in our government...and not succumbing to cheap calla of racism and PC.
    And we can all get uppidty and on high horses...but until people stop being intimidated by the toothless PC brigade correct and effective decisions can't be made and opinions cannot be formed.
    Can you give any examples of when an Irish government, or anyone else here, has succumbed to this sort of intimidation and policy been affected as a result?

• Advertisement

Why not just address the points being made rather than going off on more tangents.

Im not generalising when they all share the same mysoginistic culture.

Heres a piece from pat condell on progressive feminism,which i think hits the nail on the head.

This is why britain is fucked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbmeQtGMkUU

Comments on twitter get a lambasting from feminists but no lambasting from feminists on islam..

Im not generalising when they all share the same mysoginistic culture.

Like the Catholic Church.

Oh you get all tooth and claw when it comes to christianity but i notice not a whimper on islam.

Which is why islam will win..Enjoy your utopia,at least i'll be honest and say i won't.

BTW Pat Condell is an immigrant. Just funny you use the views of an immigrant to support your views against immigration.

Just because he was one doesnt make his argument any weaker,if a muslim said to me immigration from such and such a place is not good there will be a clash of cultures - i would happen to agree - it wouldnt make his argument any weaker.

Just because he was one doesnt make his argument any weaker,if a muslim said to me immigration from such and such a place is not good there will be a clash of cultures - i would happen to agree - it wouldnt make his argument any weaker.

I never said it made his argument any weaker, it was clear I was saying it makes your argument weaker. You are making me believe immigration should be stopped well at least all immigrants from ireland should be stopped.

You also know at lot of what is currently being said about Islam in the UK used to be said about Roman Catholics not so long ago.

Absolute moral relative bull**** is what you are saying..

Catholics arent going around demanding sharia law,stoning people to death or demanding four male witnesses to the event of a rape crime.

Nobody is being beheaded in the street.

You need to read the quaran and see it for the pure putrid poision it is..

Even when christianity was in its infancy it was nothing compared to islam.

Covering women up incase they get raped,and even when they do cover up they get raped anyway and hanged for the crime of well...Being raped.

• Advertisement

Absolute moral relative bull**** is what you are saying..

Catholics arent going around demanding sharia law,stoning people to death or demanding four male witnesses to the event of a rape crime.

Nobody is being beheaded in the street.

You need to read the quaran and see it for the pure putrid poision it is..

Even when christianity was in its infancy it was nothing compared to islam.

Covering women up incase they get raped,and even when they do cover up they get raped anyway and hanged for the crime of well...Being raped.

You keep jumping to conclusions about people's views, it's impossible to discuss anything with you as you change the tack when you are presented with any comment. I never said the comments about Islam are correct or not I just said much of what is currently being said was once said about Catholics.

BTW your view of Christian history is a bit skewed.

Advertisement