Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is it wrong to oppose mass immigration?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

Niger,mali and somalia is 7.0 thanks to foreign medicine and aid..

It's got more to do with certain churches views on contraception and aid, so let's talk about that, we can solve overpopulation by getting rid of the RC church, with their no condoms and giving aid. So now can we get back on immigration please.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭hotbabe1992

so I wouldn't mind a global population of 10 billion.

Thats a very blind ignorant attitude to have,what if a large chunk of this 10 billion requried deforestation for toilet paper etc,and cars chugging co2 up into the atmosphere.

More people equals more enviornmental problems.
    It's got more to do with certain churches views on contraception and aid, so let's talk about that, we can solve overpopulation by getting rid of the RC church, with their no condoms and giving aid. So now can we get back on immigration please.

Can you not see how high fertility rates amongst the canidates of mass immigration is interlinked with overpopulation or do you just conciously refuse to open your eyes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Can you not see how high fertility rates amongst the canidates of mass immigration is interlinked with overpopulation or do you just conciously refuse to open your eyes?

What countries in Europe have "mass immigration" from Africa? I've asked you a number of times and you seem unable to answer.

Thats a very blind ignorant attitude to have,what if a large chunk of this 10 billion requried deforestation for toilet paper etc,and cars chugging co2 up into the atmosphere.

More people equals more enviornmental problems.

You have put forward an opinion, and here is the important bit no evidence to back up your opinion. My eyes are open its just you are saying the same thing over and over with no evidence.

I linked overpopulation with the RC church can't you open your eyes, write a letter to the Pope, but either produce evidence to show that overpopulation is caused by immigration or create a thread on population.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

djpbarry wrote: »
    If that is true, then why has the average fertility rate in Ethiopia (for example) fallen dramatically in the last 15 years, from about 6.8 to 4.0?

The population in Ethiopia has doubled to 70 million since Gelfof's live aid of 1984. What are the west doing about that? Btw i don't agree with letting people just starve. But just sending food aid and money to Africa while their population growth rages is hardly good policy. What else are they doing.

• Advertisement

woodoo wrote: »
    The population in Ethiopia has doubled to 70 million since Gelfof's live aid of 1984. What are the west doing about that? Btw i don't agree with letting people just starve. But just sending food aid and money to Africa while their population growth rages is hardly good policy. What else are they doing.

If you'd be as good....
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=88111847&postcount=527

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 mikemorano

On the subject of overpoulation to live in overcrowded Chinese cities see the black clouds of pollution hovering around the skyscpapers. On calm days its difficult to breathe go to a public toilet and listen to people coughing their lungs up.
    Then feel a sense of clauserphobia perhaps some like such conditions.

There is one stat that did not get a mention . The UK has a foreign born population of 11.2 % Ireland has almost 18% most in the last 17 years. The foreign PPS numbers are 100,000 for 2013. Whatever one may argue the foreign population continues to rise rapidly.

The government has the opportunity to learn from other countries mistakes but its has failed for many years in its policies despite this.

mikemorano wrote: »
    On the subject of overpoulation to live in overcrowded Chinese cities see the black clouds of pollution hovering around the skyscpapers. On calm days its difficult to breathe go to a public toilet and listen to people coughing their lungs up.
    Then feel a sense of clauserphobia perhaps some like such conditions.

There is one stat that did not get a mention . The UK has a foreign born population of 11.2 % Ireland has almost 18% most in the last 17 years. The foreign PPS numbers are 100,000 for 2013. Whatever one may argue the foreign population continues to rise rapidly.

The government has the opportunity to learn from other countries mistakes but its has failed for many years in its policies despite this.

Do you know the breakdown of that foregin population. Rough figures 750,000 foregin of which 250,000 UK nationals 300,000 rest of EU 250,000 rest of world. About 50,000 of rest of world are illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

So you think a population of ten billion is absolutely fine no problems then?
    You think there is an optimal number of people that will present absolutely no problems? What is that number? You've been asked this question several times now and you're deliberately avoiding it.
    And Its just not acceptable in an enviornment thats been ravaged and pilfered and tested to its limit what with a widening ozone layer and greenhouse gasses.
    A widening ozone layer is a bad thing?
    Niger,mali and somalia is 7.0 thanks to foreign medicine and aid..
    Again, you’re avoiding the question. You’re picking the three countries in the world with the highest fertility rates and trying to imply that they are somehow representative of the developing world when they’re obviously not.

Not only that, but to suggest that the growing populations in Mali, Niger and Somalia are responsible for the planet’s environmental problems is nothing short of ludicrous.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

The population in Ethiopia has doubled to 70 million since Gelfof's live aid of 1984. What are the west doing about that?
    What do you mean what are they doing? Ethiopia is developing, the economy is booming and the fertility rate is falling steadily as a result.

• Advertisement

You think there is an optimal number of people that will present absolutely no problems? What is that number? You've been asked this question several times now and you're deliberately avoiding it.

Liar where have i avoided that question,you never asked me before..

The planet can only on an enviornmental scale support 2 billion people at max,we are exceeding that now in the very near future by 8 billion people,for instance africa is 2.4 billion that is a significant chunk of the worlds population to simply ignore that because they are black,is ignorant.No race of people should be seen as off limits..

The planet can only on an enviornmental scale support 2 billion people at max,we are exceeding that now in the very near future by 8 billion people,for instance africa is 2.4 billion that is a significant chunk of the worlds population to simply ignore that because they are black,is ignorant.No race of people should be seen as off limits..

What countries in Europe have "mass immigration" from Africa?

Can you point to any study that supports your assumption repopulation max of 2 billion.

The African population is currently less than that of Europe and North America combined yet NA and Europe use way more resources than Africa, so let's start with them then.

Africa is not 2.4 billion BTW it is expected to double to 2.4 according to one of your earlier post, please do keep up with your own posts.

The following may be of interest http://www.livescience.com/16493-people-planet-earth-support.html

Funny thing is people who study this thing some where between 9 billion and 10 the population will decline and in most countries fertility is declining.

Now that you have taken this immigration thread off on a unconnected journey can we please get back to the thread title.

What countries in Europe have "mass immigration" from Africa?
    Ive seen plenty of blacks in ireland and much much more in the uk recently,they immigrate to our countries by the plane load,dump thier identity and passports just before touchdown,conveiniently enough,and just because they dont turn up on the census doesnt mean they are not there flouting our laws..

Can you point to any study that supports your assumption repopulation max of 2 billion.

The African population is currently less than that of Europe and North America combined yet NA and Europe use way more resources than Africa, so let's start with them then.

Current global population of over 7 billion is already two to three times higher ... than that of the Earth's resources are enough to sustain only about 2 billion people..

http://www.worldpopulationbalance.org/3_times_sustainable

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

The planet can only on an enviornmental scale support 2 billion people at max,we are exceeding that now in the very near future by 8 billion people,for instance africa is 2.4 billion
    The Telegraph article you posted the other day states that it is about half that figure at present.
    that is a significant chunk of the worlds population to simply ignore that because they are black,is ignorant.No race of people should be seen as off limits..
    You seem awfully fixated on one skin colour, let alone 'race', though.

Current global population of over 7 billion is already two to three times higher ... than that of the Earth's resources are enough to sustain only about 2 billion people..

http://www.worldpopulationbalance.org/3_times_sustainable

You are very dishonest in your posting, don't know why but the important bit in your link but not in what you quoted "Several recent studies show that Earth’s resources are enough to sustain only about 2 billion people at a European standard of living."

Which in fact backs up my argument we should do away with greed not people. It seems your argument is I want a nice standard of living and to make sure of that I want to get rid of the Africa population. A reading of your posts leads to no other conclusion, one word sums up you view Lebensraum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Ive seen plenty of blacks in ireland and much much more in the uk recently,they immigrate to our countries by the plane load,dump thier identity and passports just before touchdown,conveiniently enough,and just because they dont turn up on the census doesnt mean they are not there flouting our laws..
    You've managed to deduce all of that just from seeing "blacks" around here and the UK? That's pretty remarkable stuff.

They aren't immigrants, they are asylum seekers. They do not turn up here "by the plane load". We also have one of the highest rates of refusal for asylum in the EU.

Again - What countries in Europe have "mass immigration" from Africa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 mikemorano

infosys wrote: »
    Do you know the breakdown of that foregin population. Rough figures 750,000 foregin of which 250,000 UK nationals 300,000 rest of EU 250,000 rest of world. About 50,000 of rest of world are illegal.
    The concept of foreign-born citizens. With that one usually refers to people who have originally been citizens of some other country than Ireland but after having spent sufficient years in Ireland have acquired the Irish citizenship.

However, what about those who are Irish citizens and are resident in Ireland but were born outside Ireland? There must be tens of thousands of Irish people living in Ireland who were born outside Ireland. I`m sure they don`t count the same way in the statistics as the immigrants who have become Irish citizens.

What about the children of immigrants born in Ireland? If their parents don`t have the Irish citizenship, then the children are also foreigners but can you call them foreign-born? Hardly.
    Lots of grey here .

Why not just born Irish citizen of Irish citizen parents living in Ireland at the the time of census.

This link does seem to clarify
    http://www.cso.ie/en/statistics/population/personsusuallyresidentandpresentinthestateoncensusnightclassifiedbynationalityandagegroup/
    The rule regarding citizenship .
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/moving_country/irish_citizenship/irish_citizenship_through_birth_or_descent.html

• Advertisement

We have far to many fake asylum seekers too.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

How many do we have, and what should we do about it?

It would be nice if you actually clearly laid out your stance on immigration before talking about asylum.

oscarBravo wrote: »
    How many do we have, and what should we do about it?

We should send the bogus ones back after their first appeal is refused. To many are going for appeal after appeal.

Nodin wrote: »
    It would be nice if you actually clearly laid out your stance on immigration before talking about asylum.

Twice i have been given warnings and both have been to do with you nodin. You seem to get enormous protection here and i have no interest in getting myself banned so i have nothing more to say to you.

Twice i have been given warnings and both have been to do with you nodin. You seem to get enormous protection here and i have no interest in getting myself banned so i have nothing more to say to you.

I'm just asking you to explain your statement, nothing else
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=88111847&postcount=527

We should send the bogus ones back after their first appeal is refused. To many are going for appeal after appeal.

No finding is made as to whether a case is "bogus" or not, generally speaking. Applications are either passed or failed.

How many go to "appeal after appeal"?

They aren't immigrants, they are asylum seekers. They do not turn up here "by the plane load". We also have one of the highest rates of refusal for asylum in the EU.

Immigrants/asylum seekers the end game is they land here,dump their passports on the way and feign innocence..

Why is it they purposefully choose ireland after going from eu country to eu country they want to land either here or in the uk or even somewhere in sweden etc - anything to do with the generous welfare rates?

Immigrants/asylum seekers the end game is they land here,dump their passports on the way and feign innocence..

Why is it they purposefully choose ireland after going from eu country to eu country they want to land either here or in the uk or even somewhere in sweden etc - anything to do with the generous welfare rates?

Last year Asylum applications the lowest in years 920 this year so far it will more than likely be less than 900 and dropping. Less than 10% get Asylum, not sure of current situation in relation to SP. But a person can have a valid claim to SP and not Asylum.

What's your solution to the issue? What are the downside to your solution?

To say immigrants/asylum seekers and tar them all with the same brush is just silly. What about the Google Executive from California who is working in Dublin on €200k a year is he in the same bracket. BTW 10% of immigrants are employers managers.

In relation to SW I ask you to just educate yourself and google habitual residency.

• Advertisement

They can't arrive and claim, so no.

Advertisement