Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaa Season Ticket 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

No bodger

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭LilNiall

Season tickets billed today for the football final but being posted out.

Does anyone know if it will still be seats in the Cusack for Season ticket holder or how were the Hurling fans seated this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,831 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

LilNiall wrote: »

Does anyone know if it will still be seats in the Cusack for Season ticket holder or how were the Hurling fans seated this year?

Yeah we were I'm section 305 for the hurling

LilNiall wrote: »

The season ticket area never changes.
    I was in 305 for 2011 and 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

The season ticket area never changes.
    I was in 305 for 2011 and 2013.

Mine varied in the Upper Cusack for Football.
    704 Row B in 2011
    707 Row P in 2013
    706 Row Z Semi final this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭Grats

My season ticket for the hurling final was in section 309 a long way from 305! Apparently they are randomly selected but from my experience the same ticket holders manage to get 305 every time. Ticket office are not willing to explain.

Grats wrote: »
    My season ticket for the hurling final was in section 309 a long way from 305! Apparently they are randomly selected but from my experience the same ticket holders manage to get 305 every time. Ticket office are not willing to explain.

Never heard of a season ticket so far over, to be honest. My problem is always that we're always too far forward. 309 seems a bit out of the way in fairness.

Never heard of a season ticket so far over, to be honest. My problem is always that we're always too far forward. 309 seems a bit out of the way in fairness.

Yes 309, Row F. And some were even in 310. Waiting with interest to see what we get for the replay.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭lotsoftens

Yes 309, Row F. And some were even in 310. Waiting with interest to see what we get for the replay.

Was in 305 for leinster final, semi final & final...been to 100% of league and championship games this year....tickets for replay arrived this morning - 309 row b! As you said ticket office spout off the same crap about allocating on a random basis. I don't believe a word of it. If there wasn't room in 305 then could just put us in 304 or 307. Buying a season ticket is losing its appeal for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,518 ✭✭✭Speak Now

lotsoftens wrote: »
    Was in 305 for leinster final, semi final & final...been to 100% of league and championship games this year....tickets for replay arrived this morning - 309 row b! As you said ticket office spout off the same crap about allocating on a random basis. I don't believe a word of it. If there wasn't room in 305 then could just put us in 304 or 307. Buying a season ticket is losing its appeal for me...

That's some kick in the stones to get section 309 row B, pure piss taking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 cathalmd

lotsoftens wrote: »

More people need to complain directly to the season ticket office about this. The incentive for getting a season ticket was that you would get good ticket if your county were fortunate to reach the latter stages of the championship. This incentive is now being diminished greatly and NO REASON given.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Has anyone any experience with changing season ticket location? My one for the last two years has been upper, I get lower tickets for the league etc when they aren't worried about giving the good seats away, further on in the year I get pushed up the back of the upper Cusack.

Want to try get a lower ticket just wondering if anyone else was in the same boat?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Section 309 Row A. Pretty terrible ticket, I don't think I can justify the season ticket anymore.

To be honest I'll be asking around for a ticket from the usual sources and if I get one I'll try to offload this.

I may as well watch the match at home as watch it from that seat.

Season ticket holder since 2009, 90% attendance this year.

How in the name of God are they justifying this? 309? In all fairness it's a woeful seat (I'm in the same section btw),iI said it last year and I'll say it now, they are exploiting the loyalty of their best fans. They struggled selling tickets for the first final and expect lower sales this time, so they just put us, guaranteed sales, into crappy seats they couldn't shift otherwise. Totally undermines the principle of the season ticket, from rewarding their most loyal supporters to using them as filler. Absolutely indefensible. I'll be calling to complain, would recommend ticket holders from other counties watch closely, it'll happen to ye next. Anyone else got their final tickets yet? Section and row?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭sunflower3

I have a season ticket for the replay in 302 DD. Was seriously unimpressed having been in 305 for the drawn game. I think 301 is only half a section so feel like I might aswell be in Hill 16.

Having said that hearing and reading that season ticket holders are in the 2 front rows of 309 is terrible and my 302 seems better (but still a long way from 305) - bad form all round and not good enough from the GAA.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yeah, very front row has a poor enough view, they don't normally sell the front 3 rows for most matches. You'd have to wonder what happened to sections 304,303,307,307,308. Don't buy this "randomly assigned" bull**** either.

EDIT: with the price of GA league games now reduced if you miss a few games in the league it makes zero sense to buy the season ticket.

I wonder is someone in Croke Park dead set against the while season ticket scheme and trying to undermine it by reducing it's attractiveness.

302 for me, sh1te!!

Those posters who got 302 or 309, what did you get last day and what type of ticket do you have - Season Ticket or the Club+?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Was in 305 row H for the Final.

In 305 for the Semi Final and Leinster Final.

Just home, open the envelope with the replay tickets...Section 302 Row JJ

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

How in the name of God are they justifying this? 309? In all fairness it's a woeful seat (I'm in the same section btw),iI said it last year and I'll say it now, they are exploiting the loyalty of their best fans. They struggled selling tickets for the first final and expect lower sales this time, so they just put us, guaranteed sales, into crappy seats they couldn't shift otherwise. Totally undermines the principle of the season ticket, from rewarding their most loyal supporters to using them as filler. Absolutely indefensible. I'll be calling to complain, would recommend ticket holders from other counties watch closely, it'll happen to ye next. Anyone else got their final tickets yet? Section and row?

I have the season ticket since the GAA introduced them (5/6 years ago). Everytime we played a match in Croke Park we got seated in section 305 or 306. Just got the tickets for the replay section 302 - WHAT A JOKE.
    Have to agree with the post above - def using us as fillers.

• Advertisement

Those posters who got 302 or 309, what did you get last day and what type of ticket do you have - Season Ticket or the Club+?

Got 305 last day, regular season ticket with last 5 years. Never farther than 306 until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭agfasfos

Got mine, 305 L, hope its decent, first time around that area but have have been in in Croker many times.

Got 305 last day, regular season ticket with last 5 years. Never farther than 306 until now.

The reason I asked was because I was knead to believe that the regular season ticket holders were guaranteed 305 but the Club+ holders could be put anywhere. Your reply belies that theory.

You just cannot get a definitive answer from the ticket office.

The reason I asked was because I was knead to believe that the regular season ticket holders were guaranteed 305 but the Club+ holders could be put anywhere. Your reply belies that theory.

You just cannot get a definitive answer from the ticket office.
    I was in 305 last day, have the regular season ticket, no club+. I think they used to guarantee 305 but, quite clearly, not anymore. Have had the ticket for about four or five years, never outside 305 or 306 till now. Heating others in 302, blatantly they regard us as usable in this way (same with reducing league prices but with no reduction in season ticket prices). Very frustrating. The season ticket is a brilliant idea, and finally ended the constant complaining about fair weather fans getting tickets ahead of loyal ones. The impression that those fair weathers are more valued despite often contributing nothing to the gaa from one end of the year to the other is inescapable. As a club founder, vice chairman, former secretary, low level awful player, and long time season ticket holder, I'm disgusted. I've defended croke park So often over the years about accusations of money grabbing, but they really don't do themselves any favours when they'll happily rip off their most devoted fans. Bad enough you're a customer instead of part of a big family, but a customer they're laughing up their sleeve at?

I was in 305 last day, have the regular season ticket, no club+. I think they used to guarantee 305 but, quite clearly, not anymore. Have had the ticket for about four or five years, never outside 305 or 306 till now. Heating others in 302, blatantly they regard us as usable in this way (same with reducing league prices but with no reduction in season ticket prices). Very frustrating. The season ticket is a brilliant idea, and finally ended the constant complaining about fair weather fans getting tickets ahead of loyal ones. The impression that those fair weathers are more valued despite often contributing nothing to the gaa from one end of the year to the other is inescapable. As a club founder, vice chairman, former secretary, low level awful player, and long time season ticket holder, I'm disgusted. I've defended croke park So often over the years about accusations of money grabbing, but they really don't do themselves any favours when they'll happily rip off their most devoted fans. Bad enough you're a customer instead of part of a big family, but a customer they're laughing up their sleeve at?

Empathise completely with your post.

Empathise completely with your post.

I know, sure you had the same **** the last day.

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Mine varied in the Upper Cusack for Football.
    704 Row B in 2011
    707 Row P in 2013
    706 Row Z Semi final this year

That's bizarre.

My one move was to 706 for the Leinster final. I was not impressed. Then back to 305L for the QF. Love low letters on a rainy day.

---

I can't complain really about the ST for Dublin football. And not like anyone could give a crap. It's still financially viable for me given the way things stack up but I can see why hurling fans, judging by the stink on here, aren't too happy. Some scandalous seats being given out.

That's bizarre.

My one move was to 706 for the Leinster final. I was not impressed. Then back to 305L for the QF. Love low letters on a rainy day.

---

I can't complain really about the ST for Dublin football. And not like anyone could give a crap. It's still financially viable for me given the way things stack up but I can see why hurling fans, judging by the stink on here, aren't too happy. Some scandalous seats being given out.

Could it be that football ST holders are treated different to hurling?

I'd say that is undoubtedly the case.

• Advertisement

Not in the sense that they somehow hate us and want to have a laugh, there's just been no incentive to screw football fans, since the final will sell out very easily. Sure as eggs is eggs, though, if Kerry and cork are in their fourth final in a few years, they won't be long finding new seats for the lads.

Advertisement