Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaa Season Ticket 2014

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

mayo.mick wrote: »
    Just to let everyone know what is happening in Mayo at the moment. First of all 3 weeks ago was it, the Kerry match in Castlebar, numerous season ticket holders were not marked as attended. Last week after the Cork match the same thing happened only this time people were aware of it. Croke park refused to correct THEIR mistake at the Kerry match and said it was gone past the 10 day widow to let them know as per their T&C's ( which by the way they snook in without telling existing season ticket holders about the change, that's another matter)

Numerous people were again not credited for attending the Cork match because of their mistakes again. When people contacted Croke Park numerous times, (within the 10 day window, which finish's tomorrow Wednesday 26th March at 2.30pm) some people's attendance were manually updated. They are now telling everyone else that they will not update anyone else because of their mistake.

What happened at the stiles?
    Season ticket holders presented their tickets as usual, scanned, scanner beeped and they went through. 1 case, family of 5, 2 adults 3 Juveniles. 2 adults and 2 juveniles were recorded, 1 juvenile was not, same scanner so I would assume that the card was not scanned properly.

2nd case, Lady went in ( at 12.30 for hurling match) so no pressure on stewards, card scanned Beeps turns Green & Go. Her attendance is not updated and they refuse to do so, where are her attendance records gone?

T&C's this year say that it is up to the card holder to ensure that it is scanned correctly, beeps, turns Green & Go. If it Beeps, turns Red & Stop you are not to be admitted and they have to check a printed list of season ticket holders that they have at every match and mark you name off.

2 questions, why were people allowed through if the scanner said stop? ( not checked) What happened the records of people that were scanned Beep turn Green & Go?

Also read the e-mail they sent out for the bring a friend yesterday;

PLEASE NOTE THAT ATTENDANCES WILL NOT BE MANUALLY UPDATED FOR ANY PREVIOUS OR FUTURE FIXTURE AS THERE ARE PROCEDURES IN PLACE AT EACH VENUE TO ENSURE THAT ATTENDANCE IS RECORDED ON MATCH DAY.

What happens if this happened at every match you went to? What are you to do? As they say its up to us to ensure our attendance is recorded correctly. Make sure the scanner turns Green & Go, take a photo of it, ask for your name to be marked off of the printed sheet that they have?

Links to T&C's 2013 & 2014; Season stiles 39/44

https://www.gaa.ie/content/files/GAASeasonTicket2013TermsConditions.pdf

http://www.gaa.ie/content/files/GAASeasonTicket2014_Terms&Conditions_1_1.pdf

Interesting, that's basically the reply I got re the Dublin game they say we didn't attend. Not the usual helpful season ticket office, but an ignorant jobsworth reply.

It's a bit rich saying that they don't have issues at the grounds, I've had the ticket since day 1 and every single year without fail at least one game doesn't get marked as attended. Up until now you just forwarded on the details and they sorted it. In my experience no-one at the grounds gives a flying feck if your attendance is recorded and how you are meant to know a beeping scanner isn't actually recording your attendance is beyond me.

The ten day rule is also new, they never mentioned that one.

Looks like they have decided to start taking advantage of the poor Eejits who have made the scheme a success for them...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Sad that they have taken this stance, have ALWAYS found them so helpful and friendly but am shocked now by their coldness in this regard. Have the GAA realized that the ticket is now "too good" for us and don't want any more sign ups? Loads of lads I know took it up this year.

Any sign of the tickets ready to print for the weekend? No sign of them yet though they were due to be ready today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

yop wrote: »
    Sad that they have taken this stance, have ALWAYS found them so helpful and friendly but am shocked now by their coldness in this regard. Have the GAA realized that the ticket is now "too good" for us and don't want any more sign ups? Loads of lads I know took it up this year.

Any sign of the tickets ready to print for the weekend? No sign of them yet though they were due to be ready today.

Folks this is being taken further, they have always being very helpful in the past when they made a mistake. This is just not good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,289 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

I was able to print them at lunchtime yesterday and I'm not even a Mayo or Dublin ST holder.

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    I was able to print them at lunchtime yesterday and I'm not even a Mayo or Dublin ST holder.

They must be punishing us for kicking up a stink over their mistakes in not correctly scanning hundreds of Mayo season ticket holders on 16th March.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Redsoxfan wrote: »

For season ticket holders they are due to be available today. The Bring A Friend tickets were available yesterday.

For season ticket holders they are due to be available today. The Bring A Friend tickets were available yesterday.

Remember if you use the "Bring a friend" option you WILL be shoved down to 301, or because its Dublin we are playing and the huge crowd expected, you could be shoved to the upper 701.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I think this will be my last season on this scheme.

This season I went to 3 of Kilkenny's 5 games.

I won't make the quarters, so let's say I make the semi's and Kilkenny ( for argument sake) are not in the final.

That would be 4x10 = €40 plus whatever the cost of the first championship game is, probably around €20. Giving a cost of €60.

There may then be a €5 reduction on the price of a Leinster semi final ticket but not a Leinster final.

So all in all I'm not seeing the season ticket as making financial sense for me at the moment. Add to that if they are shifting ST holders to the worst seats for the final (which in fairness remains to be seen) then I don't see much point in renewing next season.

I'll probably take my chances without the season ticket from next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭statto25

Remember if you use the "Bring a friend" option you WILL be shoved down to 301, or because its Dublin we are playing and the huge crowd expected, you could be shoved to the upper 701.

I was put into 302 after opting for the "Bring a friend"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I just cannot see the reasoning behind reducing the quality of season ticket seats for the final. Just because demand is higher? So what? Ignoring the fact that demands can't actually change the number of tickets they have to sell, why should the most loyal fans be the ones to lose out?

Of course we know the answer. They want those tickets for the sponsors, pure and simple. I said it earlier this year, they're gradually eroding the benefits if the ticket, knowing full well they don't actually need to work to get our custom. It's pure greed, and we really should be standing up and making noise about it.

• Advertisement

I just cannot see the reasoning behind reducing the quality of season ticket seats for the final. Just because demand is higher? So what? Ignoring the fact that demands can't actually change the number of tickets they have to sell, why should the most loyal fans be the ones to lose out?

Of course we know the answer. They want those tickets for the sponsors, pure and simple. I said it earlier this year, they're gradually eroding the benefits if the ticket, knowing full well they don't actually need to work to get our custom. It's pure greed, and we really should be standing up and making noise about it.

http://mayoclub51.com/season-tickets-scanned-cork-match/

https://www.facebook.com/MayoClub51

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mayo-GAA-Banter-Page/186309284834560?fref=ts

Will have to wade through the links above.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I hope what they mean is that for the All Ireland final if there are more ST holders than seats in section 305 they would use other sections as well as 305.

As I said it remains to be seen but if all the season ticket holders are suddenly in in corners or whatever that would be a pretty bad move.

I guess we will just have to wait and see though.

adrian522 wrote: »
    I hope what they mean is that for the All Ireland final if there are more ST holders than seats in section 305 they would use other sections as well as 305.

As I said it remains to be seen but if all the season ticket holders are suddenly in in corners or whatever that would be a pretty bad move.

I guess we will just have to wait and see though.

NOPE, afraid not. 2014 T&C's (which by the way has been greatly changed from 2013 and existing ST holders were not notified, that's another story)

53. Due to the significantly increased demand for the All Ireland Finals, the seats allocated to qualifying Season Ticket holders for the finals will not be located in the same section as seats allocated for prior championship games at Croke Park.

Just printed the tickets there. Bring a friend is 302. We are 306

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

We missed the bring a friend, he'll have to get a seat on his own.
    He'll probably bring a portable radio.

Just to let everyone know what is happening in Mayo at the moment. First of all 3 weeks ago was it, the Kerry match in Castlebar, numerous season ticket holders were not marked as attended. Last week after the Cork match the same thing happened only this time people were aware of it. Croke park refused to correct THEIR mistake at the Kerry match and said it was gone past the 10 day widow to let them know as per their T&C's ( which by the way they snook in without telling existing season ticket holders about the change, that's another matter)

Numerous people were again not credited for attending the Cork match because of their mistakes again. When people contacted Croke Park numerous times, (within the 10 day window, which finish's tomorrow Wednesday 26th March at 2.30pm) some people's attendance were manually updated. They are now telling everyone else that they will not update anyone else because of their mistake.

What happened at the stiles?
    Season ticket holders presented their tickets as usual, scanned, scanner beeped and they went through. 1 case, family of 5, 2 adults 3 Juveniles. 2 adults and 2 juveniles were recorded, 1 juvenile was not, same scanner so I would assume that the card was not scanned properly.

2nd case, Lady went in ( at 12.30 for hurling match) so no pressure on stewards, card scanned Beeps turns Green & Go. Her attendance is not updated and they refuse to do so, where are her attendance records gone?

T&C's this year say that it is up to the card holder to ensure that it is scanned correctly, beeps, turns Green & Go. If it Beeps, turns Red & Stop you are not to be admitted and they have to check a printed list of season ticket holders that they have at every match and mark you name off.

2 questions, why were people allowed through if the scanner said stop? ( not checked) What happened the records of people that were scanned Beep turn Green & Go?

Also read the e-mail they sent out for the bring a friend yesterday;

PLEASE NOTE THAT ATTENDANCES WILL NOT BE MANUALLY UPDATED FOR ANY PREVIOUS OR FUTURE FIXTURE AS THERE ARE PROCEDURES IN PLACE AT EACH VENUE TO ENSURE THAT ATTENDANCE IS RECORDED ON MATCH DAY.

What happens if this happened at every match you went to? What are you to do? As they say its up to us to ensure our attendance is recorded correctly. Make sure the scanner turns Green & Go, take a photo of it, ask for your name to be marked off of the printed sheet that they have?

Links to T&C's 2013 & 2014; Season stiles 39/44

https://www.gaa.ie/content/files/GAASeasonTicket2013TermsConditions.pdf

http://www.gaa.ie/content/files/GAASeasonTicket2014_Terms&Conditions_1_1.pdf

There will probably be a few tickets going spare for the match this weekend, at least they will be scanned correctly in Croke Park!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

What is going on with the Season Ticket seating this season? I have never been alloacted a seat outside 304 to 306 before... however this week I'm in 309 :mad: this is really poor seating considering I haven't missed a match this season home or away, what a great way to look after loyal supporters.

Has anyone else been seated so poorly?

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭glack

I think it depends on the county you are playing. There are a lot of Mayo supporters with season tickets and even more Dublin supporters. Each county will get an equal allocation of the good seats I'd imagine in sections 305/306 and it works outwards to the hill 16 and davin stand ends from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

glack wrote: »
    I think it depends on the county you are playing. There are a lot of Mayo supporters with season tickets and even more Dublin supporters. Each county will get an equal allocation of the good seats I'd imagine in sections 305/306 and it works outwards to the hill 16 and davin stand ends from there.

Yeah, except that people who have been season ticket holders for longer should get preference for the very decent seats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Fianna Fowl

NOPE, afraid not. 2014 T&C's (which by the way has been greatly changed from 2013 and existing ST holders were not notified, that's another story)

53. Due to the significantly increased demand for the All Ireland Finals, the seats allocated to qualifying Season Ticket holders for the finals will not be located in the same section as seats allocated for prior championship games at Croke Park.

Was not aware of this. Maybe getting tickets in 306 for 2011 & 2013 was just too good. I'd gladly take a seat in 331 as a compromise...

Hopefully we have this 'problem' to worry about!

• Advertisement

celticbest wrote: »
    What is going on with the Season Ticket seating this season? I have never been alloacted a seat outside 304 to 306 before... however this week I'm in 309 :mad: this is really poor seating considering I haven't missed a match this season home or away, what a great way to look after loyal supporters.

Has anyone else been seated so poorly?

V weird, you didn;t set up a seating group by any chance?

latest update which is of interest to all Season Ticket holders this year.

http://mayoclub51.com/gaa-season-ticket-scanning-problems-an-update/

Updates will be posted as they happen.

V weird, you didn;t set up a seating group by any chance?

No, have always been seated between 304 & 306...

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

I went to Westmeath vs Dublin in Mullingar a few weeks back, the person operating the stile scanned 2 cards that the one person in front of me presented.

When I present my ticket at Croke Park, I havn't given it any thought up to now, the person scans my ticket, the scanner beeps and I am let through the stile. Now I seemingly will have to ask has my ticket scanned ok and look for the green light to avoid being shafted. At least we are forewarned about issues. I don't know anything about the scanning procedure, but it should be easy to scan tickets, and save the data on a database.

VONSHIRACH wrote: »
    I went to Westmeath vs Dublin in Mullingar a few weeks back, the person operating the stile scanned 2 cards that the one person in front of me presented.

When I present my ticket at Croke Park, I havn't given it any thought up to now, the person scans my ticket, the scanner beeps and I am let through the stile. Now I seemingly will have to ask has my ticket scanned ok and look for the green light to avoid being shafted. At least we are forewarned about issues. I don't know anything about the scanning procedure, but it should be easy to scan tickets, and save the data on a database.

If your ticket doen't scan correctly in Croke Park the scanner beeps twice & flashes red, usually when this has happened to me the turnstile attendant manually enters the barcode, the scanner beeps and flashes green & I'm good to go.

Always make sure to tell the attendant it's a Season tickets & this ensures that they make sure your attendance is recorded.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

celticbest wrote: »
    If your ticket doen't scan correctly in Croke Park the scanner beeps twice & flashes red, usually when this has happened to me the turnstile attendant manually enters the barcode, the scanner beeps and flashes green & I'm good to go.

Always make sure to tell the attendant it's a Season tickets & this ensures that they make sure your attendance is recorded.

ok, thanks. Good to know. I'll be on the alert this Saturday when I enter.

Any comment from Ronan Murphy or the GAA on why loyal Season Ticket holders, who they're so keen to reward, aren't getting Cusack Stand tickets for the final this year?

Any comment from Ronan Murphy or the GAA on why loyal Season Ticket holders, who they're so keen to reward, aren't getting Cusack Stand tickets for the final this year?

I'm sure Mayo Club 51 will post details as they get them, fair play to them for persevering with it though!
    I checked the T&C's myself, and sure enough number 53 is there about the final ticket allocation. Not sure it that will bother us this year though! :pac:
    They also have a note where they do not have to notify us of changes to the T&C's, (No. 70) which is fair enough (I should have read them through in the first place before I ticked the box accepting)

I'm sure Mayo Club 51 will post details as they get them, fair play to them for persevering with it though!
    I checked the T&C's myself, and sure enough number 53 is there about the final ticket allocation. Not sure it that will bother us this year though! :pac:
    They also have a note where they do not have to notify us of changes to the T&C's, (No. 70) which is fair enough (I should have read them through in the first place before I ticked the box accepting)

T&C #70 did not exist until this year. They changed the T&C's without notice, to make an addition informing us they could make changes without notice.

• Advertisement

T&C #70 did not exist until this year. They changed the T&C's without notice, to make an addition informing us they could make changes without notice.

What I mean is, they changed the T&C's from last year, those are the T&C's that every season ticket holder agreed to when buying the ticket this year. I didn't realise that myself until I actually read them! I'd have thought they would have to notify us, but not so.

Advertisement