Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[BPB] Boards Photobook 2013 Sign-up Form

Options
1235»

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Very nice to get the Special Mention :)

(I'll be donating the dinner for two to SSF in some way shape or form.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

Great shots!! Well done everyone :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

DeVore wrote: »
    Very nice to get the Special Mention :)

(I'll be donating the dinner for two to SSF in some way shape or form.)

That's cool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭mikka631

Got my book in the post today:):) Well pleased:):)

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

Got mine too - thanks for taking the time to post them! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Mine arrived yesterday - thanks again! ;)

Great collection of photos and very well presented - well done everyone!

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

Another book ordered - the owner of the van in my pic wants a copy from himself for posterities sake :D (and he thinks SFF is a good cause too...)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Got mine the other day, thanks to all who organizers/contributors. I can only imagine the smile on the children's faces when they get their presents (SSF that is), a great charity.

Merrrrry Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Hesthea

Is the sign-up for the Boards Photobook always in October?

Hesthea wrote: »
    Is the sign-up for the Boards Photobook always in October?

September/October usually with launch the end of Nov/first weekend December depending on availability/goodwill of the Dublin Camera Club! It all depends on interest each year :)

• Advertisement

Can anyone participate in it, even if they aren't living in Dublin or Ireland?

Yep - this year we had contributons from boardsie members in both the US and Australia!

Cork_girl wrote: »
    Yep - this year we had contributons from boardsie members in both the US and Australia!

Awesome!
    Thanks, Cork_girl. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭aidanic

Am I right in thinking that the 2013 book has fewer pages (participants) than 2012, and was about half the thickness of the 2011 book?

aidanic wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking that the 2013 book has fewer pages (participants) than 2012, and was about half the thickness of the 2011 book?

This year there were just over 50 participants vs 70 odd last year - so 20 fewer. The year before that we had a very high number - over 100. Before that it was always in the region of 50-70 I think.

Just saw an email from Vincent in Shakespeare Photobooks with the news that they will no longer be selling photobooks from 22nd February 2014.

He has been a huge support to the Boards annual Photobook - a huge thank you to Vincent.
    ShakespearePhotobooks Ltd will stop selling photobooks, calendars & cards on 22nd February 2014.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Thats a big loss.... they have been really good to us over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭sdevine89

Just wondering if there are plans to make this happen this year?

sdevine89 wrote: »
    Just wondering if there are plans to make this happen this year?

Hopefully :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Cork_girl wrote: »
    Just saw an email from Vincent in Shakespeare Photobooks with the news that they will no longer be selling photobooks from 22nd February 2014.

He has been a huge support to the Boards annual Photobook - a huge thank you to Vincent.

Anyone know of a similar service with similar quality that's available now that Shakespeare Photobooks have closed. I'd rather something local than Vistaprint etc. Working on a collaborative project similar to the boards book.

• Advertisement

J o e wrote: »
    Anyone know of a similar service with similar quality that's available now that Shakespeare Photobooks have closed. I'd rather something local than Vistaprint etc. Working on a collaborative project similar to the boards book.

Sending you a PM with a couple of email contacts but I have no idea as haven't thought about this year's book! If anyone would like to kick-start it.. get in touch!

The next book has gone live :) Have you you a little more space in your bookshelf?

To sign-up, visit here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057407742

Everyone is welcome to take part - it's for all posters, so don't be shy! Great price this year too :)

Book launch is this Saturday and everyone is welcome :)

Advertisement