Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[BPB] 2014 Boards Photobook Sign-up Now!

Options
  • 02-04-2015 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭

We missed out on the Photobook last November for a variety of reasons and have decided to kick it off now to do a fundraiser for the Santa Strike Force.

The book is open to all members of the Photography forum - whether you post regularly, used to post or you’re simply a lurker - the more the merrier. The book will raise money which will go towards making kids in hospitals and care centres much happier - be it through toys, games, or improved play facilities - the Santa Strike Force do great work each year.

To submit a photo in the book and have it published in a snazzy hardback Photobook along with up to 60 others, please complete the form below, which will need to be closely followed with (1) your photograph and (2) payment.

(1) Photograph details:
    • 300ppi
    • sRGB or RGB
    • Landscape format is best (book is landscape) but square/portrait shots can be included, however they will be printed on a landscape page.

Photos are to be emailed to boardsbook @ gmail . com (no spaces)

We aim for the fully designed book to be submitted to the printer by 8th May, giving us a launch date of 30th May. Cabansail has kindly offered to design the book this year.

The absolute cut-off date for participating this year is 17th April 2015.

(2) Payment details:

Total Cost: €20

This includes the book & a €5 donation to the Santa Strike Force. If you are unable to collect your book at the book launch, you can collect your copy from the Boards.ie HQ or arrange postage if required.

How to make payment: When you are sending us your photograph, advise us which method you are paying by and we will give you either a bank account number (for bank transfer) or a paypal address.

For Paypal - you MUST select gift. Otherwise we get hit with charges and it means less money for charity. If this happens we will reject the payment and ask you to submit it again.

(3) Book Launch
    The launch date will be 30th May in the new boards.ie HQ office on South William Street, Dublin 2.

We are open to suggestions on the launch day also - in previous years we had a print auction, another year we had a print swap, a Quick Shot event and a raffle. If you have any ideas of fun events that people would enjoy whilst proceeds go to the SSF, please do get in touch.

Here is the link to sign-up:
    Sign me up for the 2014 Boards Photobook!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭mikka631

What size will the book be, or what are recommended dimensions for the image?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Sorry, it's A4 in size!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Nice one :)

Count me in, if my pics are good enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

Count me in. Now to pic one..........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

I am out unfortunately, I have nothing worthy as life is not playing fair at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

I am out unfortunately, I have nothing worthy as life is not playing fair at the moment.

But, but, but, you just got POTW??? :confused:

I'll see if I can find a portrait that might fit nicely on a landscape page.

Do I read correctly that there is a max of 60 pages?

Ben D Bus wrote: »
    But, but, but, you just got POTW??? :confused:

I'll see if I can find a portrait that might fit nicely on a landscape page.

Do I read correctly that there is a max of 60 pages?

:)

Yes, we can have a max of 60 participants this year. Sign-up and take your place!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

See, I never even knew I got potw. I would love to participate but I am really not in a position at this time. I am running from icu to bed and back. My computer has not been turned on in a month.

See, I never even knew I got potw. I would love to participate but I am really not in a position at this time. I am running from icu to bed and back. My computer has not been turned on in a month.

Awh really sorry to hear that, hope you are feeling better soon. Look forward to seeing your next potw :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Nice one :)

Count me in, if my pics are good enough :)

There is no selection process. You submit an image which you want to have included.

If you do get a chance to flick across an image we would like to have you in the book. Fully understand if you are not able as well.

Doing the layout I am, of course, also in.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Places.

1 Cork_girl
    2 Iamxavier
    3 Adrian.Sadlier
    4 Ben D Bus
    5 CabanSail

• Registered Users Posts: 6,233 ✭✭✭secman

Would love to be included, just hope not lowering the standards top much !

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭aidanic

Hope my signup via the Google doc worked - did it on my phone.

Is the PayPal address the same as the gmail email address? PayPal thinks it's not correct.

We have you aidanic :-)

I will send out Paypal details in the coming days - great to have you on board again!

Remember that to sign-up you must use this form

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭nonsequitir

Not sure if the sign-in worked for me, I "think" I've done it twice but I didn't get a notification. Can you let me know and I'll get myself sorted this weekend?

Not sure if the sign-in worked for me, I "think" I've done it twice but I didn't get a notification. Can you let me know and I'll get myself sorted this weekend?

Got you too :)

The list of sign-ups so far is:
    • Cork_girl
    • aidanic
    • PopeBuckfastXVI
    • Nonsequitir
    • Pixbyjohn
    • RoryW
    • mystic86
    • asark
    • feylya
    • picaaf
    • DeVore
    • EyeBlinks
    • Knickerbocker
    • CabanSail
    • Faceman

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭picaaf

Same happened to me. Turned out i forgot to fill in the number of copies wanted

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Zebrano

Does the photo have to be from 2014

Zebrano wrote: »
    Does the photo have to be from 2014

No limits :)

The only reason we would be rejecting a photo would be if it was entirely inappropriate for some reason. Generally, it's for people of all levels - from beginner to professional and everyone in between.

What makes the book so nice to browse is the sheer mix of styles, colour/b&w and subject matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Quick question for you, when you say Photograph (with Title & Details) what details are you looking for

• Advertisement

A caption you want to appear under your photo. Normally a short description or information about the photo.

Yep for example:

Title: Dublin by night
    Description: A long exposure taken on the Samuel Beckett bridge.

You don't have to provide a description, but it's nice when browsing the book to read about the shot I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Cork_girl wrote: »
    Yep for example:

Title: Dublin by night
    Description: A long exposure taken on the Samuel Beckett bridge.

You don't have to provide a description, but it's nice when browsing the book to read about the shot I think!

Done and submission sent :D

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Loki98

Count me in. Submission to follow

Loki98 wrote: »
    Count me in. Submission to follow

Please make sure you sign-up using the form - it's how we will be managing the book going forward :)

If people on Facebook could give us a like or a share that would be amazing, help us to get the word out please!
    https://www.facebook.com/boardsphotobook

Latest list is as follows:
    • Cork_girl
    • aidanic
    • PopeBuckfastXVI
    • Nonsequitir
    • Pixbyjohn
    • RoryW
    • mystic86
    • asark
    • feylya
    • picaaf
    • DeVore
    • EyeBlinks
    • Knickerbocker
    • CabanSail
    • Faceman
    • flyingsnail
    • MysticalRain
    • Audubon
    • jjdubya

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

Can I sign up using the Google Form just for a copy of the book - no picture from me this year (unless I can find one, but I'll buy a book either way)

Spocker wrote: »
    Can I sign up using the Google Form just for a copy of the book - no picture from me this year (unless I can find one, but I'll buy a book either way)

Yes absolutely but we'd love a photo too :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

Any reason why I do not appear on the list - I think was one of the first to sign up?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Zebrano

I've signed up I'll send photo on sunday

• Advertisement

Any reason why I do not appear on the list - I think was one of the first to sign up?

You're not in the spreadsheet from the form - sorry Adrian. Can you try it again please?

That's a bit worrying.. I'll keep updating the list here so please let me know if you've registered but don't see your name.

Advertisement