Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[BPB] Boards Photobook 2013 Sign-up Form

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭picaaf

EyeBlinks wrote: »
    Oops, will miss out for the first time, away 'till the 26th :(

Best of luck everyone !

Ahw, you and Petra signed me in for the last book when i wasn't able to do so.
    Was just going to do same for you this year.
    But 26th will be too late, i'm afraid :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

picaaf wrote: »
    Ahw, you and Petra signed me in for the last book when i wasn't able to do so.
    Was just going to do same for you this year.
    But 26th will be too late, i'm afraid :mad:

We are going to see what we can do Aafke :) We won't let him get away that easily ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭RoryW

I'm in, now to pick or take a photo :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

I've done the rest, so.........I better sign up again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

Count me in.

• Advertisement

City-Exile wrote: »
    Count me in.

Great :) Make sure you fill in our snazzy form ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

I have just completed the form- need a day or so to pick the photo - but will be in before the deadline:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Form filled, picture sent.

Hey all!

Just to update, so far we have 36 people registered :)

If you don't see your name on the list below - please resubmit the form!!

Cork_girl
    nonsequitir
    swingking
    Audubon
    picaaf
    ShaneM
    OldGoat
    Spocker
    jjdubya
    pullandbang
    mikka631
    Edser
    xia
    PopeBuckfastXVI
    5unflower
    Humberklog
    5uspect
    Dave66
    superflyninja
    feylya
    MissusPandB
    Phil Taz
    Art Deko
    ihastakephoto
    Adrian.Sadlier
    artyeva
    aidanic
    Jonnykitedude
    RoryW
    morrisseeee
    keps
    City-Exile
    dinneenp
    TelePaul
    McGaggs
    Cabansail

It's all go go go! Don't forget, deadline for submitting your photo is this Sunday ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

Form filled, had a photograph picked out since the summer, but a couple of other shots have thrown a spanner in the works......:P

Looking forward to attending the launch for the first time, but as always depends on the kids......:o

Will send in photo asap - since im off work sick I should get that done fairly quick!! :D

Thanks again to everyone involved in organising such a wonderful idea, and in helping the Santa Strike Force!!!! Yeahhhhh!!! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

Photo sent, just waiting for email addy so I can do paypal payment

dave66 wrote: »
    Photo sent, just waiting for email addy so I can do paypal payment

Done!

Do I await paypal details email before sending in photo? Or is it the other way around?:confused:

Thank you:D

mumof2 wrote: »
    Do I await paypal details email before sending in photo? Or is it the other way around?:confused:

Thank you:D

It's the other way around:)

keps wrote: »
    It's the other way around:)

Thanks, working on that as I type :-)

Thanks, working on that as I type :-)

What we are going to do is send the payment details for the method chosen on the form to people today - just haven't had a chance yet :)

Also, I meant to post up the Facebook Page for the Photobook - give us a like :)

Put it in your diary :)

Dublin Camera Club
    have kindly let us borrow their premises once again to launch our annual Photobook!

Cork_girl wrote: »
    What we are going to do is send the payment details for the method chosen on the form to people today - just haven't had a chance yet :)

Also, I meant to post up the Facebook Page for the Photobook - give us a like :)

Done already!! :-) Next on the list is Paypal, and doing finishing touches to photo ready to mail off over the next 24 hours!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Nebezpeci Mys

Please sign me up, Guys. Form filled, pic to follow.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭picaaf

:( sorry, don't read nor write facebooks, but do like what you're doing.
    :D in other news: \o/ for internet banking

• Advertisement

Payment sent, and photo sent (at least I hope it gets to the receiver!!).

Do we still need to submit a photo of our paypal receipt to someone? Any who can verify if my photo did arrive??:confused:

Would rather have it right :D

Payment sent, and photo sent (at least I hope it gets to the receiver!!).

Do we still need to submit a photo of our paypal receipt to someone? Any who can verify if my photo did arrive??:confused:

Would rather have it right :D

Will check it for you :)

Go home, chill - get a booze from the fridge and start up the PC - 'tis a night for photo editing!

**Deadline looms!**

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Strawberry Swan

Form filled and photo will be sent soon.

Go home, chill - get a booze from the fridge and start up the PC - 'tis a night for photo editing!

**Deadline looms!**

Hi, Im having massive problems - after so many attempts and you receiving PSD documents that wont open, we finally manage to send a JPG image, but apparently its only at 72dpi.

Im going to change my image and start from scratch, and take another image from my Iphoto library (jpg copy of course) but where can I change the settings to 300 dpi if I don't open it up in Photoshop?? Thanks guys:(

Oh, forgot to mention, that I tried to resend the image there at full size hoping that would solve the dpi thing, would no, not getting mail to work - 10.8 mb too big I guess!! Remind me never to bother with photoshop elements again. aaarrrrggggg :-(

upload on

http://imgur.com/

and then send jpeg image by email

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭mikka631

@mumof2 Try using the following as a guideline to getting your photo sized for the book

A. Cropping your image at 300ppi. Open your photo in Elements, 1. Select the crop tool, 2. Select Aspect Ratio 8x10 ins, 3. Enter 300 in the Resolution box. Drag the crop handles over your image.

ScreenHunter_01%20Oct.%2019%2007.29_1.jpg

B. Make any adjustments you think might be required. You might want to use the Unsharp Mask just before you save the image, here is a rough starting point, see how it looks when viewed 100%

ScreenHunter_03%20Oct.%2019%2007.31_1.jpg

C. And finally save your image at highest quality.

ScreenHunter_07%20Oct.%2019%2007.33_1.jpg

D. Email your image which should be less than 10Mb

Hope this helps

Hi Mikka631,
    Am going to try again from scratch - I'm new to Photoshop elements as in Ive never edited an image in it properly and had to email it!! (Although I had picked up on the dpi and saving at the highest option which were one of the first lessons I learned from the book) :-)

Im an avid instagrammer and use snapseed when required! So much easier :-0

Wish me luck....ye will know in about an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

I'll be away from my laptop now for a couple of hours but will have a look when I'm back :-)

• Advertisement

Sending, sending, sending (stuck? stuck? stuck??)

Although I wasn't happy about cropping to 8 x 10 (was this required for book size?), I managed it again, and learned something new thanks to Mikka631 (the unmask sharp bit).

It's saved at 300dpi, and saved at high format and at 8.1 mb should be fine for emailing.

However mail has just returned as unable to send, problem with server........try again later is says!! Ha ha:D

This photo is not meant to be...........

And if Mac's mail wont do it, I will try the other suggestions mentioned above.;)

Edit: Still not sending in Mail so will try again when I get back.

Advertisement