Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[BPB] Boards Photobook 2013 Sign-up Form

Options
  • 11-10-2013 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭

It's time to sign-up for the 2013 Boards Photobook in aid of Santa Strike Force!
    This is open to all members of the forum - whether you post regularly or are a lurker - the more the merrier. The book will raise money which will go towards making kids in hospitals and care centres much happier - be it toys, games, or improved play facilities - the Santa Strike Force do great work each year :)

To submit a photo in the book and have it published in a snazzy hardback photobook along with up to 100 others, please complete the form below, which will need to be closely followed with (1) your photograph and (2) payment.

(1) Photograph details:
    • 300ppi
    • sRGB or RGB
    • Landscape format is best (book is landscape) but square/portrait shots can be included, however they will be printed on a landscape page.
    Photos are to be emailed to boardsbook @ gmail . com (no spaces)

We are very very tight on time - the fully designed book needs to be submitted to the printer by 30th October. Xia has kindly offered to design the book this year and will need time to do this - so please do not leave it to the last minute.

The absolute cut off date for participating this year is Sunday 20th October. This leaves only 10 days to get the book ready for print.

(2) Payment details:
    • Cost: €35
    This includes the book, a €5 donation to the Santa Strike Force and delivery to you. Whether or not you are attending the launch does not matter - any money not spent on delivering books will go to the charity :)

How to make payment: When you are sending us your photograph, advise us which method you are paying by and we will give you either a postal address (for cheque), a bank account number (for bank transfer) or a paypal address.

For paypal - you MUST select gift. Otherwise we get hit with charges and means less money for charity :(

(3) Book Launch

The launch date will be the end Nov/early Dec - we are pending confirmation from the venue and will confirm this asap.

So that's it - here is the link to sign-up and get the ball rolling :)

Sign me up for the 2013 Boards Photobook!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭nonsequitir

I'm MOST DEFINITELY IN :) Well done again you guys! Picture to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Yes I'm definitely in. This has been my best year ever. I'd like to have something to remember it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭picaaf

cool beans for those who get this going again.
    well done you/yous.
    filled in the form,
    pic not sent (yet)
    thanks a mil!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭ShaneM

Count me in for this guys.
    Form filled out - now to pick a shot for the book.

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

As before, I'll put my name down for a book at full cost (so I'll fill in the form). I'm not a particularly good photographer, but can rustle up a pic if you're stuck for numbers :)

[EDIT]Form filled in

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

In! Form filled in but pic not picked yet. Will send one later. Will give @missuspandb and kick too....

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Edser

I'm in, and form completed!

(Now have to find a photo :eek:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Off to a flying start :)

Don't forget to let people know - anyone who is usually involved but who may not spot that it has gone live - as pullandbang said above, give em a kick ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

/Dusts hands

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

Form sent, pic to follow this evening :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭mikka631

Form Sent :)

Pic Sent :)

Looking forward to the event night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bernarddunne

Filling in the form now ... great idea, and THANK YOU to the folks pulling it all together.

b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

Count me in. Have image picked and everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

form filled in. will pick photo over w/e.

Are we going to do an e-book version of previous years as mooted before?

form filled in. will pick photo over w/e.

Are we going to do an e-book version of previous years as mooted before?

Unfortunately it wasn't possible - Dani spent a good bit of time looking into it, I can't remember exact details but we can have another chat about it just to see.

One huge thing was that we do not have people's permission to create such a publication - which we don't. We had their permission to publish within the BPB for that year and have always asked for permission if any photo is ever to be used for any other purpose. Copyright remains with the photographer!

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

Me please:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Are there any rules or guidlines for the pictures?

McGaggs wrote: »
    Are there any rules or guidlines for the pictures?

Apart from the info in the first post - no! Completely up to you 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Count me in please

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭MissusPandB

Signed up. Pic on the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭EyeBlinks

Oops, will miss out for the first time, away 'till the 26th :(

Best of luck everyone !

EyeBlinks wrote: »
    Oops, will miss out for the first time, away 'till the 26th :(

Best of luck everyone !

Awh no way!! Hope you are safe and sound where you are!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

Cork_girl wrote: »
    One huge thing was that we do not have people's permission to create such a publication - which we don't. We had their permission to publish within the BPB for that year and have always asked for permission if any photo is ever to be used for any other purpose. Copyright remains with the photographer!

Why not ask for the permission this year onwards, just in case. You have mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Please remember that you need to fill out the registration form (link in the opening post).
    Posting in this thread that you're in is not sufficient / doesn't count. Sorry :)

But please feel free to post once you've sent the form as that's a good check for us if we received it.

Plus it keeps the thread going and more people join in / are looking forward to the pics of people they know will be in the book. (But as usual: Don't tell anybody which picture you picked! ;) )

And besides that:
    Thanks for the great feedback already. It's great to see things moving :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

In. Just need to see if I can rustle up a photo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Phil Taz

Every year I keep saying to myself I'll do it, well this year I have, now what photo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Art Deko

Signed up, but now the hard part,...picking the image,.... decisions, decisions......:confused:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Done! Thanks folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

form filled, will send on photo tonight. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭aidanic

Form filled - looking for photo now...

Advertisement