Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They don't even pay road tax Joe. **Off topic thread**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

I just did my first 50k... taking up cycling after 11 years off the bikes and now getting back on at 31. It's tough but really enjoying it as part of my current fitness routine

Well done.

Be proud of yourself.

50k is a lot on a bike!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Well done.

Be proud of yourself.

50k is a lot on a bike!

Thanks! Had to dig deep the last few kms and arrived home at 49.1 so cycling past the house to bring it over 50 was mentally challenging to say the least.
    Although the bike is filthy now and I can't cope with that :)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,559 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Sounds like you need a spare.....

:D

Beasty wrote: »
    Sounds like you need a spare.....

:D

Need to reign in my need to keep bikes/cars amazingly clean!
    I'm running the Grant Thornton 5k tomorrow so after that I'll spend a couple of hours in the shed and try my waxing plan

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

ford2600 wrote: »
    Wouldn't have thought deer were territorial like that, if it was badgers I would have expected it but not deer. Amazing is right

Fcukers have no fear of electric fence though I'll have to look into doing an iron curtain :)
    Must be a different type to the skittish fence jumping sort we have here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Thanks! Had to dig deep the last few kms and arrived home at 49.1 so cycling past the house to bring it over 50 was mentally challenging to say the least.

keep a rag by the door and wipe the bike down as soon as you get in.

takes 30 seconds and makes keeping the bike properly clean so much easier.

keep a rag by the door and wipe the bike down as soon as you get in.

takes 30 seconds and makes keeping the bike properly clean so much easier.

Dear baby jesus that's just asking for scratches. A rag will catch and move grit around and damage the paint giving tiny swirls so best of giving a protective layer of something then a good rinse and then go over with a microfiber mitt... I need help, I know this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Dear baby jesus that's just asking for scratches. A rag will catch and move grit around and damage the paint giving tiny swirls so best of giving a protective layer of something then a good rinse and then go over with a microfiber mitt... I need help, I know this

Unless your bike was finished by a toddler with nail polish I wouldn't worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Don't forget the clay bar ffs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Set up an outdoor shower just inside your gate, triggered by a handlebar-mounted remote control. Then you can ride through it and both you and your bike will be cooled and washed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Moflojo

Christchurch returning to its cycling roots in the wake of the 2011 earthquakes. Good read in The Guardian:

http://www.theguardian.com/cities/2015/sep/01/christchurch-earthquake-cyclopolis-redesign-city-cyclists-pedestrians

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Out this am for a quick 50k, starting to get a wee bit chilly :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1369847815001205
    Cyclists not more likely to be "green" than users of other transport modes.

Not as surprising for cyclists as haterz, I suspect.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Beasty's influence is spreading....

Page 666 of 666

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Beasty for president.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

We could keep posting for the laugh and use up the remaining posts and catch him out without a new thread title!

Only 23 left.

EDIT: only 20 now!

Beasty for Uachtaráin - or Baosteach

• Advertisement

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,559 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

RobFowl wrote: »

Page 666 of 666
    :confused:
    We could keep posting for the laugh and use up the remaining posts and catch him out without a new thread title!

Only 23 left.
    EDIT: only 20 now!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Beasty can you describe to us in less than 40 posts but more than 30 your accident? I don't seem to recall much of it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Page 666 of 666

I have the anti-Beasty Boards settings loaded. Only 250 pages for me.:P

Why has the post count suddenly dropped from 9980 to 9969?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Beasty can you describe to us in less than 40 posts but more than 30 your accident? I don't seem to recall much of it :pac:

Nor does he.

And the number of pages from 666 to 665???

Beasty for Uachtaráin - or Baosteach
    I've no idea whether this deserves a thanks or a ban (that second one looks particularly dodgy to me....)

Why has the post count suddenly dropped from 9980 to 9969?
    And the number of pages from 666 to 665???

• Advertisement

9960 now! :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement