Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They don't even pay road tax Joe. **Off topic thread**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Brillint, brilliant film. Somebody posted a clip from it up here not long ago but I can't find it:(. I don't remember McQuaid in it, though, which one was he?

The one where the Paralympic cycling applications for 2020 went in on time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I can't find the one, I was thinking about, but here's one about Paul Kimmage:

https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=62920.25

Scroll down the page

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

A misplaced tweet from Astana before he tested positive. Now deleted...

BzbofWiCUAAQm7J.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I knew they was a reason for my bad flexibility. Did an MRI scan in my spine for a totally unrelated reason and I ended up with 5 bad disks which only going to get worse as the years go by. Lots and lots of off the bike exercise is needed in order to be able to stay on the bike for long for years to come :mad: :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

God sorry to hear that AstraMonti, you poor thing :( I have a Friend going through some disk trouble and it's seemingly intractable at times. Hopefully there's good rehab you can do? Or an op?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Not in operated situation yet, while this has been going for years it now started getting to a point that I was getting random pains (not in my back anyway!). The only thing I can do for now is fortify the spine, get a very strong core, swim a lot, loosen my tight muscles and hopefully it ll protect it and make it last longer. I hope in the next 15 years they ll figure a way to make us cyborgs, I should be good then :pac:

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,489 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Had 4 operations on the bottom 2 discs in my 30s and early 40s. Can't say my back no longer bothers me but I'm in a hell of a lot better condition now than I've ever been.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

seany15 wrote: »
    Did you have a crash??

Don't ask him that FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Shoalers are among the worst human beings ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭buffalo

I had another cyclist push past me yesterday while waiting at a red light, physically bumping off me as he squeezed past. When I asked him not to touch off me he seemed bemused, as if personal space was an alien concept to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

Feel your pain Astra, spent three months off work last year and a whole year off bike trying to get it right. Im generally ok bar odd spasm (today) due to pulling and dragging machines and tools, spend alot of time driving which doesnt help . Plenty of core work as you say, its funny i notice back health for me is much better when im drinking alot of water, when i dont drink water or im drinking cola or some other satan sauce :) back comes against me more

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

AstraMonti wrote: »
    I hope in the next 15 years they ll figure a way to make us cyborgs, I should be good then :pac:

You take the spine, I'll take the legs (surely cyborg legs are good for 3 or 4w/kg), Beasty could probably use most of the rest of it :D

wtf...

4915_90ce.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 31,015 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

^^ those air squats need to be deeper. And topless.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

arís!

324652.jpg

must be a good read so.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Puggy

This is in Eindhoven, its a couple of years old now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

I don't know what council control the area around Ballymun Road. Is it Dublin City Council? I need to get off my arse and bring their attention to some lights that are constantly being broken by cars and cyclists and see if they can do anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

South of Santry Ave. is DCC. What lights have you having issue with?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i suspect DCC would respond that policing lights is for the police.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Skittled some guy out of it on the grand canal cycle lane this morning, he decided when I was 1m from him with the green light, to make a go for it without looking left or right.

I'd already slowed down because I thought another ped was going to make a go for it, so I just got the shoulder down and sent the guy onto his ass about 5 feet down the path. Just a knee graze and a sore shoulder for me.

I kind of feel bad about it because when he asked me if I was alright, I shouted at him to "watch the fnck you're doing, willye", out of sheer frustration at his stupidity, and he legged it. I should have made sure he was OK.

South of Santry Ave. is DCC. What lights have you having issue with?

A few, Ballymun Rd-Griffith Avenue junction (cars turning left on to Griffith Ave from Ballymun Rd when there's only a "straight ahead" filter light and peds on Griffith Have green) and the ped lights at St Michaels, Tennis Club, Tesco/Alber College entrance (cars just blast through them at a speed that makes me think they just don't see them).

tesco?

tesco?

Topaz, sorry

that left turn off ballymun road onto griffith avenue has another issue; it's too narrow; there's two lanes painted on the road, and it's barely wide enough for them, especially given that you have turning buses there.

that left turn off ballymun road onto griffith avenue has another issue; it's too narrow; there's two lanes painted on the road, and it's barely wide enough for them, especially given that you have turning buses there.

Agree

Beasty wrote: »
    And Orla picks up another medal tonight - she took silver in the scratch race

Susie just missed out with 4th place in her age category

Make that three for Orla, another silver in the Points race today!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

buffalo wrote: »
    Make that three for Orla, another silver in the Points race today!

Woo hoo!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

seamus wrote: »
    Skittled some guy out of it on the grand canal cycle lane this morning, he decided when I was 1m from him with the green light, to make a go for it without looking left or right.

I'd already slowed down because I thought another ped was going to make a go for it, so I just got the shoulder down and sent the guy onto his ass about 5 feet down the path. Just a knee graze and a sore shoulder for me.

I kind of feel bad about it because when he asked me if I was alright, I shouted at him to "watch the fnck you're doing, willye", out of sheer frustration at his stupidity, and he legged it. I should have made sure he was OK.
    Was he on foot or on wheels?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement