Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They don't even pay road tax Joe. **Off topic thread**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Now you can buy the book

theroles_1024x1024.jpg?v=1381490972

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Dan Martin's riding as of late gives me chills, bout time he got some good fortune :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

Zyzz wrote: »
    Dan Martin's riding as of late gives me chills, bout time he got some good fortune :)

Make you wonder what he could of done in the Giro

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

Exasperated.JPG

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mr Rubicon Conundrum

Got a bus stop high 5 yesterday, tis a bit of fun...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,127 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Left hook, anyone?

From the dash cam thread on Motors.

Cyclist looks to have stayed upright. I wonder if anything came of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭buffalo

I wonder if he stopped and offered himself/video as a witness?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

I picked a bad morning to cycle to uni. :( soaked

• Advertisement

Left hook, anyone?

From the dash cam thread on Motors.

Yeh but if the cyclist paid road tax..

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Mrs Lenny gave birth to a gorgeous little girl on Monday. I reckon with a bit of practice and the right training, she should be good to win the Ras na mBan 2035. No pressure like. I already have an aero carbon buggy with zipp wheels and an edge 510 ordered.

Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Congrats Lenny! Thats great news.

And you might want to stock up some coffee :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »

Wonder if you can spend the time at the start riding the wrong way around the track?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

lennymc wrote: »
    Mrs Lenny gave birth to a gorgeous little girl on Monday. I reckon with a bit of practice and the right training, she should be good to win the Ras na mBan 2035. No pressure like. I already have an aero carbon buggy with zipp wheels and an edge 510 ordered.

Happy days!

Congrats!
    She will probably need a carbon fibe CX bike in your size too. Get one now while the prices are low.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

BBC Radio4 will be talking to cyclists who use video cameras to record their ride in a few minutes. It might be cringeworthy, it might be informative, perhaps both.

…oh, and I shall deny any claims that I am encouraging people to listen to the “You & Yours” radio programme, the aural equivalent of taking out yer dentures, donning slippers and dressing gown and settling down to a meal of Werther’s Originals!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Someone here told me a week or so ago of a spring you can get to attach to the frame of a bike to limit the movement of the front wheel and handlebars so the bike doesn't turn back and take a snap out of your leg when your attention lapses as you park it or hold it. I looked it up at the time and asked the local bike shop about it, but they forgot to ask their supplier, and I've forgotten what it's called, and random googling isn't finding it.
    What the heck is it called?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Someone here told me a week or so ago of a spring you can get to attach to the frame of a bike to limit the movement of the front wheel and handlebars so the bike doesn't turn back and take a snap out of your leg when your attention lapses as you park it or hold it. I looked it up at the time and asked the local bike shop about it, but they forgot to ask their supplier, and I've forgotten what it's called, and random googling isn't finding it.
    What the heck is it called?

Sounds like you are referring to a steering limiter. They are common enough on balance bikes for kids, not so readily available for adult bikes but this Velo Orange one and this Acros headset approach look like possible contenders.

doozerie wrote: »
    Sounds like you are referring to a steering limiter. They are common enough on balance bikes for kids, not so readily available for adult bikes but this Velo Orange one and this Acros headset approach look like possible contenders.

Ah, that's the boy, the Velo one. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Learning how to cycle with no hands Qualitymark ?

• Advertisement

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Learning how to cycle with no hands Qualitymark ?

I used to be able to do that; haven't tried it recently - the main trick was in visualising one's bottom as enormous, as I remember.
    No, this one happens when I get off the bike, prepare to tie it up and allow my attention to lapse for a moment, when it whips its head around and gives me a savage nip on the leg; my legs are covered with bruises from the little swine.

Just got a great service on my commuter on things that I'm too lazy to fix from Cathal and his mobile shop! http://www.thespokesman.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I used to be able to do that; haven't tried it recently

Same as myself, I'd be afraid to do it now, I'd have to wait until I'm sure there's nobody around to laugh when the inevitable happens.

As a kid I could fly around corners and pop down kerbs and paths without second thought.

Did anyone catch Guy Martin's spitfire episode? Really really enjoyed it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Zyzz wrote: »
    Did anyone catch Guy Martin's spitfire episode? Really really enjoyed it :D
    watched the last hour brilliant program

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

325467.jpg

CPL 593H

buffalo wrote: »
    Just got a great service on my commuter on things that I'm too lazy to fix from Cathal and his mobile shop! http://www.thespokesman.ie/

I made the usual mistake after this service. Going from having very little braking power, to suddenly being able to stop on a penny, I got to the car park gate when leaving the office yesterday, and very nearly catapulted myself over the handlebars. :rolleyes:

Interesting piece on Copenhagen's approach to city cycling, lots of facts and figures:

http://www.theguardian.com/cities/2014/oct/16/copenhagen-cycling-innovation-lycra-louts-green-wave-bike-bridges

Sample:
    If you want to see improved behaviour among cyclists, just build best-practice infrastructure for them – separate bikes from pedestrians and cars and give them their own space in the urban landscape. Copenhagen has the world’s best-behaved cyclists: only 7% bend or break a traffic law and only 1% do something like run a red light or ride on the pavement. Good design improves behaviour.

And:
    The cost of 1km of cycle track is paid off in five years by the health benefits of users getting more exercise. Car traffic drops by 10% on these stretches and cycling increases by 20%. The 41% of the population who arrive at work or school by bike contribute a whopping €235m (£185m) a year to the public coffers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

el tel wrote: »
    Wonder if you can spend the time at the start riding the wrong way around the track?

No, you can't. Similar race is run in Sundrive.

Better form of racing here:

http://vimeo.com/wolfpackhustle/alloutwar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Interesting piece on Copenhagen's approach to city cycling, lots of facts and figures:

http://www.theguardian.com/cities/2014/oct/16/copenhagen-cycling-innovation-lycra-louts-green-wave-bike-bridges

Sample:

And:

I wonder if there is a Danish version of boards, with a Cycling form filed with posts about ****ty bike lanes, commuter races, drafters, shoalers etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement