Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They don't even pay road tax Joe. **Off topic thread**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,398 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

and from the bbc, the downside to that many bikes in the city:

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-29601069

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

and from the bbc, the downside to that many bikes in the city:

Having visited Copenhagen earlier this year and adopting the attitude of if you can't beat them, join them, crossing the road as a pedestrian means finding gaps between rows of bikes and also trying to remember where in relation to some Street furniture you parked your bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Idleater wrote: »
    Having visited Copenhagen earlier this year and adopting the attitude of if you can't beat them, join them, crossing the road as a pedestrian means finding gaps between rows of bikes and also trying to remember where in relation to some Street furniture you parked your bike.

Somewhere in Dublin there's a scobe looking at those pics and going: "SCORE".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

These days I may give it "socks" on the bike for segments (I'm sh1te though)

But back in the day it was giving it "socks" on the dance floor :D

On a night "off" youtube is the gift that keeps on giving.

Way out West and Full Tilt were just the best at remixing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

These days I may give it "socks" on the bike for segments (I'm sh1te though)

But back in the day it was giving it "socks" on the dance floor :D

On a night "off" youtube is the gift that keeps on giving.

Way out West and Full Tilt were just the best at remixing!

For the early hours after giving it "socks" on the dance floor the night before.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,010 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Sexy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Terrible bike fit. Right foot with the heel. Left with the ball. Awful.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,344 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Surprised no-one has pointed out the chain seems to be wrapped around the chainring. Is there some kind of motor propelling it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,126 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

His torso looks backwards to me. But hey, I'm no art critic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,956 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

........and a rear (drive) wheel on the front!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Beasty wrote: »
    Surprised no-one has pointed out the chain seems to be wrapped around the chainring. Is there some kind of motor propelling it?

His mighty cadence renders it a turbo propeller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Spent the day at a birthday party for my 6 yr old twins.
    30 kids. Sweet jebus I need Valium or something.
    Bottle of gin about to be opened.

Without being funny, it is very difficult to ascertain whether so,em kids are simply poorly behaved or are somewhere on the autisic spectrum.

I don't know how primary school teachers and crèche workers cope - the need their heads examined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

ROK ON wrote: »
    Spent the day at a birthday party for my 6 yr old twins.
    30 kids. Sweet jebus I need Valium or something.
    Bottle of gin about to be opened.

Without being funny, it is very difficult to ascertain whether so,em kids are simply poorly behaved or are somewhere on the autisic spectrum.

I don't know how primary school teachers and crèche workers cope - the need their heads examined.

A good game for children's parties is Dead Lions. Everyone lies on the floor in silence, and the last one up wins a prize. It takes the craziness down a little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

Looking to upgrade my winter bike to 5800 11 speed. The problem is I have a set of R501 wheels. I know they're cheap but I don't really want to pick up a new set of wheels as they're only a month old. Would it possible to fit the 11 speed on or would I need a new freehub?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Sarz91 wrote: »
    Would it possible to fit the 11 speed on or would I need a new freehub?

It's worse than that - not only will you not get an 11sp cassette on your existing freehub, the freehub cannot even be replaced with an 11sp compatible one.

I hope someone comes along and proves me wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭clog

niceonetom wrote: »
    It's worse than that - not only will you not get an 11sp cassette on your existing freehub, the freehub cannot even be replaced with an 11sp compatible one.

I hope someone comes along and proves me wrong.

Unfortunately there is no way to adapt or change the freehub on that particular wheel to 11speed.

Maybe sell on the wheels and get a set of these newer 11 speed model at 89euro+ postage
    http://www.rosebikes.com/article/shimano-wh-rs010-28700-c-road-wheel-set/aid:742749

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Today I became aware that there are actually people who sit down and plan "spins" with the sole intentions of getting KOMs. Even if it means going in circles and back on yourself.

Impressive in some ways, weird in others.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,956 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Today I became aware that there are actually people who sit down and plan "spins" with the sole intentions of getting KOMs.....
    ....So where did you lose this KOM? :D

I wonder whether I've lost my sole KOM along the Royal Canal yet...the main reason I got it was because not even the segment creator had ridden it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭12 element

I wonder whether I've lost my sole KOM along the Royal Canal yet...the main reason I got it was because not even the segment creator had ridden it.

When KOMs are created all old rides that passed through the segment are added. Don't think you can create a segment without having cycled it. It can take a while before it goes through all the old info though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

Today I became aware that there are actually people who sit down and plan "spins" with the sole intentions of getting KOMs. Even if it means going in circles and back on yourself.

Lol noticed that myself recently. Also noticed a few friends from another club spend a lot of time riding same routes then slagging each other when they swap a KOM between them. One 5k stretch has the top 8 from the same club but few would be considered exceptionally strong, had a good bit of banter when out with them recently

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,344 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

12 element wrote: »
    Don't think you can create a segment without having cycled it.

You can create a segment from someone else's ride. It is not necessary for you to have ridden it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Wife: I have helped one girl installing a dropped chain today...
    Me (astonished and proud): ... but ... how?
    Wife: I handed her a few baby wipes, her hands were so dirty!
    Me: ....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Alek wrote: »

"From tiny acorns, mighty oaks do grow..."

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭jinkypolly

Beasty wrote: »
    You can create a segment from someone else's ride. It is not necessary for you to have ridden it.

How do you do that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Someone who works near me set up a load of segments for running around my area.

I saw that as a challenge to my masculinity and a sleight on my ability to be able to provide for my family. So I spent about a week planning runs on which I would hit his segments when I was nicely warmed up in order to be the leader on them.

I grabbed all apart from 2, then I lost interest when he fecked off to the Cayman Island I think it was from looking at his Strava activity.

I'm out of peak fitness as the moment but I will go for them again once I'm back on track. He can keep his Cayman Island activities.

Alek wrote: »

You should have seen the look on Mrs RS face when I told her I was thinking of taking the qr skewers off her bike because I could never envisage her actually changing a tube herself. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

when I told her I was thinking

Good that you're still among us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

ThisRegard wrote: »
    He can keep his Cayman Island activities.

And his money!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement