Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They don't even pay road tax Joe. **Off topic thread**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Brian? wrote: »
    That's not the "given wisdom". The chain and cassette don't wear at the same rate at all.

Is fairly subjective but you should be able to replace the cassette every 3rd chain. That's if you maintain everything well.

OP, post up a picture of the cassette.

Perhaps I should say that it was the given wisdom when I was one who took care of my own bicycle, back in the days of dinosaurs and Marsh Bend handlebars.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Why is August pretending to be October?

:(

I know, I put on a scarf this week :eek: :eek:
    And I had to put on a jacket cycling home from training-having warmed up in a jacket. It's not on. I'm writing a strongly worded letter...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Is that who I think it is?
    If so, that's a bit harsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

furiousox wrote: »
    Just sniffing around a used 2012 Scott Foil with 105 for E1000.
    Undecided as to whether I'll for it or not but it seems a steal at that price, no?

if it's on donedeal/gumtree it could very well be a steal, in every sense of the word unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Ooof!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭furiousox

Peterx wrote:
    if it's on donedeal/gumtree it could very well be a steal, in every sense of the word unfortunately.

No, its on a cyclists buy and sell forum.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Would anyone have a lend of a lockring tool (shimano|Hyperglide) and chain whip for all of 5 minutes? Working in Pearse st but will happily collect and return! (Tax man has given them to me before but I feel like an arse taking them from his hands again! :()

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

furiousox wrote: »
    No, its on a cyclists buy and sell forum.

Even so. Caveat Emptor. Try and feel out the seller, is the reason for sale plausible, throw them a few technical questions and assess their response.

Better safe than sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Why is August pretending to be October?

:(

It's ridiculous. I was up early with the kids Saturday morning and I actually put the heating on for an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Zyzz wrote: »
    Would anyone have a lend of a lockring tool (shimano|Hyperglide) and chain whip for all of 5 minutes? Working in Pearse st but will happily collect and return! (Tax man has given them to me before but I feel like an arse taking them from his hands again! :()

I'll be at home on Wednesday night if you want to call over to Rathmines for them. PM me tomorrow morning if that works and I'll send you my address.

Alternatively if you don't want to wait rothar.ie let you use their tools/workspace for a fiver an hour and they even give helpful advice - if you were doing something more complicated.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,549 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I have a chainwhip in my bag but no lockring tool on Pearse St. if you can find a lockring tool

Cheers Quozl, I'll see if I can get it sorted before then. Simply taking a cassette off and putting it on a new wheel!
    CramCycle wrote: »
    I have a chainwhip in my bag but no lockring tool on Pearse St. if you can find a lockring tool

I've tonnes of spare chains at home that I could use, just my luck you don't have the lockring! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Campag chorus EPS is out.. at only £1679.99 (inc VAT).. tempting but I can buy a whole fecking bike with ultegra di2 at that price..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Campag chorus EPS is out.. at only £1679.99 (inc VAT).. tempting but I can buy a whole fecking bike with ultegra di2 at that price..

Yeah but, Ultegra di2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I know I know.. sometimes I am trying to think rational :pac:

Raam wrote: »
    Yeah but, Ultegra di2.

Dont knock it till you try it! ;)

Dont knock it till you try it! ;)

I tried it.

Raam wrote: »
    I tried it.

And what do you run now?

And what do you run now?

105, Ultegra, Super Record.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Rest in peace, Robin.

10561817_10202679186247502_5182749094010345877_n.jpg

Well, actually, no.

Ride forever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

I can bring the tools in to town tomorrow (Wednesday) if you still need them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Don't feel like an arse. Any time you need 'em just get in touch.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭furiousox

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Just got preliminary approval for Raid Pyrénéen, September next year. :)

The only catch is that she also wants to come along but doesn't want to cycle the route. Anyone knows if the town at the finish has some nice places to stay that would be also children friendly?
    Alternatively the little one could be shipped to his grandparents and she might be able to ride along in one of the support cars. But since the grandparents live in Latvia, it makes the logistics even more complicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Hmmzis wrote: »
    Just got preliminary approval for Raid Pyrénéen, September next year. :)

The only catch is that she also wants to come along but doesn't want to cycle the route. Anyone knows if the town at the finish has some nice places to stay that would be also children friendly?
    Alternatively the little one could be shipped to his grandparents and she might be able to ride along in one of the support cars. But since the grandparents live in Latvia, it makes the logistics even more complicated.

are you going east to west or west to east?
    There is a small beach in cerbre (finishing town) and there was some kind of beach party on when we were there. it was a nice town, but not sure if there was much for kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Bacall_zpsd90b48a6.jpg

RIP Lauren - you were one classy bird!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭buffalo

Hmmzis wrote: »

Spend over a €100 on him, get free shipping. Easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

I'm not imagining that taxi drivers are supposed to have a fare before they use the bus lane do they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

lennymc wrote: »
    are you going east to west or west to east?
    There is a small beach in cerbre (finishing town) and there was some kind of beach party on when we were there. it was a nice town, but not sure if there was much for kids.

Thanks Lenny, not sure if the direction has been decided yet but somehow I feel it's going to be west to east. At least I'd personally prefer the mediteranean sea to go for a swim after the whole thing. Will have a look what that town has to offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I'm not imagining that taxi drivers are supposed to have a fare before they use the bus lane do they?
    It's not that simple. They may use it if travelling to pick up a booked fare or if plying for business but not if travelling to/from work. Impossible to police though as the driver could just argue that he was going for a fare or plying for business if stopped while going home after a shift.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement