Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They don't even pay road tax Joe. **Off topic thread**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

Zyzz wrote: »
    Trying to decide which new helmet to get as my Livestrong one has been cracked!

Kask Infinity or Casco Speedster

Thoughts?

Thoughts? Thinking of giving up this engineering bull**** job and taking yours. Seriously, where do I apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Sarz91 wrote: »
    Thoughts? Thinking of giving up this engineering bull**** job and taking yours. Seriously, where do I apply?

Get a better paid engineering job :D

Get a better paid engineering job :D

I wish. Only a years experience and looking at moving back to Ireland but prospects don't look too great.

I wish. Only a years experience and looking at moving back to Ireland but prospects don't look too great.

Are you a Civil Eng?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Sign right here please! :P

• Advertisement

Are you a Civil Eng?

No Mechanical.

No Mechanical.

Have you ever considered branching into the medical device area? Prospects are pretty good over in Galway for Mechanical & Biomedical Engineers in the med device sector.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,719 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

No Mechanical.
    I believe the Welsh cycling team are looking for a mechanic who can change a front wheel quickly (alas work only comes aong every 4 years or so)....pacman.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Trying to decide which new helmet to get as my Livestrong one has been cracked!

Kask Infinity or Casco Speedster

Thoughts?

Poc Tempor.

Poc Tempor.

garmin_donald_cyclinquisition.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

No Mechanical.

What kind of jobs are you looking at? What's your experience in?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Brian? wrote: »
    What kind of jobs are you looking at? What's your experience in?

Looking at Design Jobs preferably in leinster as that's where my experience lies. Currently working as a mechanical designer for an engine cooling pump firm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Anyone listening to RTE at the moment ? They have a piece on cycling but started with a vox pop. Of course one had to be a taxi driver. He stated firstly that it was illegal not to wear a helmet if you were on your own bike but can do it on the Dublin bikes and get away with it.

He then said that he comes across cyclists cycling two abreast, which is also illegal according to him.

And he topped it all off by saying the roads in Dublin aren't wide enough.

All from a 'professional' driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Germancarfan

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Anyone listening to RTE at the moment ? They have a piece on cycling but started with a vox pop. Of course one had to be a taxi driver. He stated firstly that it was illegal not to wear a helmet if you were on your own bike but can do it on the Dublin bikes and get away with it.

He then said that he comes across cyclists cycling two abreast, which is also illegal according to him.

And he topped it all off by saying the roads in Dublin aren't wide enough.

ffs ! any rebuttal to his remarks ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It'd be great if they could take his taxi licence off him for being so ignorant or road laws and therefore deem him unfit to do his job.

I expect lots of professional drivers who do "teach them a lesson" dangerous manoeuvres do so while thinking the cyclist is doing something illegal.

I know a truck driver who has to do mandatory courses, supposed to be all sorts of nonsense in the course, supposed to be even telling them not to be eating breakfast rolls in petrol stations and to go for healthier options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

ffs ! any rebuttal to his remarks ?

Not a single challenge by either the person doing the initial interview, or by Keelin Shanley who is hosting the show at the moment. Eamon Ryan was the guest in the studio and he didn't bring it up either, probably wasn't listening to the piece but going over his notes or something.

I must go listen to the podcast when it's up to make sure I didn't mishear it as it was on in the background as I was working away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

I am now the owner of a roadbike.

Fitness, glory and many, many cramps await.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Are you a Civil Eng?

Decidedly uncivil!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Just had my first go of a Dublin Bike

Jeeze they are heavy - anybody know what weight they are? Couldnt believe when compared to my carbon road bike

I did feel like cycling on the footpath, breaking lights, not looking over my shoulder, not signalling...............

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

bazermc wrote: »
    I did feel like cycling on the footpath, breaking lights, not looking over my shoulder, not signalling...............
    I love trying to figure the quickest/most efficient *road legal* route to my destination.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

bazermc wrote: »
    compared to my carbon road bike

And on top of it they are sooo slow, compared to my private jet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Not a single challenge by either the person doing the initial interview, or by Keelin Shanley who is hosting the show at the moment. Eamon Ryan was the guest in the studio and he didn't bring it up either, probably wasn't listening to the piece but going over his notes or something.

I must go listen to the podcast when it's up to make sure I didn't mishear it as it was on in the background as I was working away.

No, you didn't mishear it. I switched off at that stage, and went out on my bike, to calm myself down

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Puggy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

How to be an idiot in 3-2-1..

daily_gifdump_682_03.gif

I hope he is alright at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tacklemore

AstraMonti wrote: »

daily_gifdump_682_03.gif

I hope he is alright at least.

As long as he didn't kick the bucket I guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭buffalo

AstraMonti wrote: »

Crotch cam. Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭seany15

tacklemore wrote: »
    As long as he didn't kick the bucket I guess...

Drafting behind a JCB on a fixie with no brakes? Can't say he didn't deserve that...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

seany15 wrote: »
    Drafting behind a JCB on a fixie with no brakes? Can't say he didn't deserve that...

Stupid is as stupid does.....

RobFowl wrote: »
    Stupid is as stupid does.....

No need to throw any..

..digs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭seany15

FYP ��

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement