Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They don't even pay road tax Joe. **Off topic thread**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Bike maintenance top tip.

Before taking the headset apart trying to fix nasty noises from it, check if the quick release on the front wheel is tight enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

Just pulled the trigger on a Rose Pro SL 2000

The wait for it to arrive is going to be agonising.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,093 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

furiousox wrote: »
    Back on the bike 12 weeks after breaking it.
    Would have thought they could have sourced him a new one a bit quicker than that....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,951 ✭✭✭furiousox

2015 models available for order on the Canyon website.

https://www.canyon.com/_en/roadbikes/series/ultimate-cf-sl.html

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 24,980 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Beasty wrote: »
    Assos really started messing me up when they started producing specific left and right socks ....
    Even Lidl did that with their last batch.

(I find myself cycling to work along Turvey Avenue and wondering if I've put them on the correct feet).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Puggy

Hmm, often wondered who that guy was that kept checking his feet out on Turvey. Made me so nervous, I only go the Hearse Road now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

Anyone know if PlanetX follow the typical bike release season? Really considering holding out a few months to get an RT-57.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Allegedly unstealable bicycles

http://www.popularmechanics.com/how-to/blog/the-bike-that-cant-be-stolen-17113930?%3Fsrc=rss

though I can't see why thieves can't just reassemble them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Is it a rule or something with Tiernans CC that all members must cycle in full race gear and bike be kitted out to the nines (including wheels)? Spotted 2 different lads (one yesterday, one this morning) and could have sworn they were doing a short warmup for a race..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Inter-club league is on Thursday nights. So the lad this morning was probably going to go racing straight after work.

Our own club league is on Thursday's too, so I do a "posh commute" those days myself.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Zyzz wrote: »
    Is it a rule or something with Tiernans CC that all members must cycle in full race gear and bike be kitted out to the nines (including wheels)? Spotted 2 different lads (one yesterday, one this morning) and could have sworn they were doing a short warmup for a race..

I'm not Tiernan's but I commute on full race gear on Wednesday's as our league is on Wednesday nights. I get waaaay more respect/less shoaling from other cyclists in my Lycra/race gear than the usual dress and tights but more anger from traffic :rolleyes:

ETA I don't commute on my track bike. I haven't the balls for that yet. Plus I don't think she'd like how slow we'd have to go to get there and back. It might break her little cycle-y heart altogether!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Question answered I guess. One was on a De Rosa and the other a Colnago..some day..
    gadetra wrote: »
    I'm not Tiernan's but I commute on full race gear on Wednesday's as our league is on Wednesday nights. I get waaaay more respect/less shoaling from other cyclists in my Lycra/race gear than the usual dress and tights but more anger from traffic :rolleyes:

ETA I don't commute on my track bike. I haven't the balls for that yet. Plus I don't think she'd like how slow we'd have to go to get there and back. It might break her little cycle-y heart altogether!

Um, I should hope not. :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Just back from my regular thursday afternoon spin.
    Its feckin slidey out there today !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Looks like I'll have to give up griping about not having a full time job ..and start griping about being in work all the time.

Farewell impoverished freedom.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Buzwaldo

Looks like I'll have to give up griping about not having a full time job ..and start griping about being in work all the time.

Congrats. Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

latest ad for evans states "when we see 'sale', we read 'upgrade'"

Oh how I laughed.

For some reason I can never read the last post in this thread ob the mobile version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

Quick... to the "should've left the credit card at home" thread :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

With our wonderful tax system, experience tells me that it should be just farewell freedom, you will still feel just as impoverished.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

New bike time! ;)

Kinet1c wrote: »
    Quick... to the "should've left the credit card at home" thread :D

Nearly. Luckily I remembered in the nick of time that my wife will now be getting home before me.

A revised online shopping strategy will be required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Parcel motel is your friend there. Keep the good (read:expensive) stuff hidden.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

or get stuff sent to a friends house.. I just ordered a new Garmin and I'm getting it sent to a mates house

Get it sent to work, then you can attach it as your "working late" and then your partner will never even notice when she comments and you say "I have always had disc wheels, how'd you miss that?"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

The key is to keep the expensive looking stuff hidden.

That Garmin 510 or carbon fibre seat-post. They look pretty cheap ;)

quozl wrote: »
    The key is to keep the expensive looking stuff hidden.

That Garmin 510 or carbon fibre seat-post. They look pretty cheap ;)

I know. I'm currently wearing my ''cheap digital watch'' aka my Suunto Ambit 2S.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

I know. I'm currently wearing my ''cheap digital watch'' aka my Suunto Ambit 2S.

Hmm, that's suspiciously triathalon-y, Rollingscone. Is there something that you need to tell us...?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Buzwaldo

or get stuff sent to a friends house.. I just ordered a new Garmin and I'm getting it sent to a mates house

If you want, you can send stuff to my house.

• Advertisement

Buzwaldo wrote: »
    If you want, you can send stuff to my house.

Send it to my PO box instead ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement