Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They don't even pay road tax Joe. **Off topic thread**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

anyway, i've just noticed what seem like teethmarks on his sock in the photo.
    Was it that Uruguay fella?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭furiousox

Just watched this and it's well worth a look, highly recommended.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭biomed32

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Just reading the link I know it's going to be a pile of ****e and just click bait.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,552 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

tomasrojo wrote: »
    Two small children who commandeer every media device in the house. Conversely, I am well informed of the activities of Peppa Pig.

I find Daddy pigs character the most relatable, the episode with "magic" spoons was comedy gold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

I've written up the 600km ride here and here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

biomed32 wrote: »

Selfish arrogant git on bike remains inconsiderate yob after he stops cycling shocker...

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭loinnsigh

biomed32 wrote: »

Haven't read the Sindo in years, but this seems to be their attempt at a Ross O'Carroll Kelly type character? Looks like he's supposed to be a tw*t

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

CramCycle wrote: »
    I find Daddy pigs character the most relatable, the episode with "magic" spoons was comedy gold.

The undercurrent of sexual tension between Granddad Dog and Granddad Pig makes for compelling viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭seany15

daragh_ wrote: »
    The undercurrent of sexual tension between Granddad Dog and Granddad Pig makes for compelling viewing.

why does miss rabbit have all the jobs? Like when she's driving the bus, can nobody get a coffee? When she's out fighting fires can nobody visit the cave beauty spot? It makes no sense....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

I already find myself saying "I am bit of an expert in this" before taking any new task in the house....
    It makes no sense....

2284775.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Lumen wrote: »
    I await your campaign to ban chainrings from the pro peloton. :pac:

Belt drive only campaign starting tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,060 ✭✭✭buffalo

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/pdf/2014/en.si.2014.0178.pdf

I was just having a read of this very short piece of legislation, which seems very short-sighted.

As I understand it, the previous law outlawed 'holding' a mobile phone. But that meant that when it was in a handsfree cradle, people could still type out text messages and the like. So this law outlaws that.

But it restricts it to "an SMS, an MMS message and an email". Which seems very short-sighted and restrictive. So I can send a WhatsApp or a Viber message, or a boards PM, or a Facebook message, etc. from my handsfree phone in my car, and it's not technically illegal?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

You can also tele-work via a terminal emulator running on your phone over a SSH tunnel to your office while doing 120 KPH on the motorway.

Think of the productivity benefits, Buffalo, and it's all legal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

buffalo wrote: »
    http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/pdf/2014/en.si.2014.0178.pdf

I was just having a read of this very short piece of legislation, which seems very short-sighted.

As I understand it, the previous law outlawed 'holding' a mobile phone. But that meant that when it was in a handsfree cradle, people could still type out text messages and the like. So this law outlaws that.

But it restricts it to "an SMS, an MMS message and an email". Which seems very short-sighted and restrictive. So I can send a WhatsApp or a Viber message, or a boards PM, or a Facebook message, etc. from my handsfree phone in my car, and it's not technically illegal?

I think it depends on the reading. It says that a text message includes an SMS, MMS or email. but doesn't specifically limit the definition to SMS, MMS or email. It also says "“send a text message” includes compose and type a text message, but does not include anything done without touching the mobile phone". There is no definition of what a text message is, but you could argue that any message composed of text is a text message, so whatsapp or viber text messages are out, but there is nothing to stop you using snapchat to send a picture as it doesn't use mms or sms or require text or email.

Maybe my understanding of how to read it is wrong, but, it is quite ambiguous, which I would not have considered a good thing when writing legislation.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Usain Bolt has now reportedly declared the commonwealth Games are 'a bit s***'

well .......

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Granolite

lennymc wrote: »
    I think it depends on the reading. It says that a text message includes an SMS, MMS or email. but doesn't specifically limit the definition to SMS, MMS or email. It also says "“send a text message” includes compose and type a text message, but does not include anything done without touching the mobile phone". There is no definition of what a text message is, but you could argue that any message composed of text is a text message, so whatsapp or viber text messages are out, but there is nothing to stop you using snapchat to send a picture as it doesn't use mms or sms or require text or email.

Maybe my understanding of how to read it is wrong, but, it is quite ambiguous, which I would not have considered a good thing when writing legislation.

I'm replying to this in my car...but its not a text or email or an MMS..so all is well..please continue..going to share this via twitter..that's ok too..

((Joking obviously))

5.6kWp - SW (220 degrees) - North Sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Just came across this - figured I'd throw it up in case anyone wants to avail of it.

http://childleapcard.ie/

From 11-24th August kids under 18 travel free using a leap card.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

seany15 wrote: »
    why does miss rabbit have all the jobs? Like when she's driving the bus, can nobody get a coffee? When she's out fighting fires can nobody visit the cave beauty spot? It makes no sense....
    She wins a Queen's Award for Industry in one episode. Deservedly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

tomasrojo wrote: »
    She wins a Queen's Award for Industry in one episode. Deservedly.

Pfft. Scab. Double-jobber.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Pfft. Scab. Double-jobber.
    That episode is in production.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

This will continue to be me if someone asks about the pro circuit.

IT Crowd- Moss speaks football: http://youtu.be/jzmtrIFetHY

Everytime I read an Indo article about cycling, I feel like they have stolen a piece of my soul.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

buffalo wrote: »

Is Nibali a Grand Tour Great? For me not yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Inquitus wrote: »

You are hard to impress.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭seany15

Inquitus wrote: »

he's won all three. If that doesn't make him great then I'm not sure what else he needs to do.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

seany15 wrote: »
    he's won all three. If that doesn't make him great then I'm not sure what else he needs to do.....

win a worlds ;),

He has had bit of luck along way to say least, main Vuelta rival crashed out (anton). His giro win was damn impressive however

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Nibali is a champ and he has won all of his big races riding from the front like a boss.

His main opponents crashed - one because he can't ride a bike with any grace whatsoever and one because maybe Nibalis lead forced him to taking risks.
    That is what leading from the front does - it outs others in the backfoot.

He took risks and they paid off, others took risks and they didn't.

Btw - I have a great deal of doubt that Froome was injured enough to warrant a dnf. Many other riders have finished and performed admirably thru injury.
    Bernie Eisel was interviewed at end of final stage. He said that CF retired due to his morale or nerves - he didn't mention serious injury.

The shark is a champ. End of.
    In every major race there will be an event. In many GTs these are crashes. Yes they play a part in the final result but they do not annul that result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

ROK ON wrote: »
    Nibali is a champ and he has won all of his big races riding from the front like a boss.

His main opponents crashed - one because he can't ride a bike with any grace whatsoever and one because maybe Nibalis lead forced him to taking risks.
    That is what leading from the front does - it outs others in the backfoot.

He took risks and they paid off, others took risks and they didn't.

Btw - I have a great deal of doubt that Froome was injured enough to warrant a dnf. Many other riders have finished and performed admirably thru injury.
    Bernie Eisel was interviewed at end of final stage. He said that CF retired due to his morale or nerves - he didn't mention serious injury.

The shark is a champ. End of.
    In every major race there will be an event. In many GTs these are crashes. Yes they play a part in the final result but they do not annul that result.

Alot of the people who have won 2 of the 3 tours are alot better than Nibali.....he's distinctly average in this rarified air.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement