Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They don't even pay road tax Joe. **Off topic thread**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Raam wrote: »
    ^^^^^^
    First nappy change this morning lasted all of two minutes.

Got quite good at the nappy changes myself. Favourite one so far I was not there, so while at work the other day he went for an explosive one. Ripped straight through the nappy, up his back, down his legs and formed a pool about 2 foot in diameter on the sitting room floor. I was at work so missed the excitement but part of me was proud, straight into the shower with him, the only solution. It is amazing how quickly they change consistency, colour and volume with no change in diet or exercise, teething is also a fun time, thought it wasn't too bad but when the 5th and 6th started to sprout, he went into overload, about a nappy an hour straight through the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Rua_ri

Funniest description of raising kids i ever heard:

'Kids are like farts, you can just about tolerate your own'

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Aye, sometimes a dirty nappy is just so bad that a bath is the only real option.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Rua_ri

Meconium - nobody eva tell ya about that sh!t !

be prepared , it is normal.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Rua_ri wrote: »
    Meconium - nobody eva tell ya about that sh!t !

be prepared , it is normal.

And in some cases green, that was a surprise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Our 11 month old is up to walking four steps now and was listening to an ipod this morning I kid you not!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

And so it has happened my dad's N+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Our 11 month old is up to walking four steps now and was listening to an ipod this morning I kid you not!

However, two friends of mine didn't speak until they were five; one became a star journalist with a national paper, the other a solicitor with a large criminal practice.

(One of these also refused to eat anything other than mashed potatoes mounded up with a knob of butter on top for several years of childhood, and is now one of the country's best and most varied cooks.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

One of my work colleagues came back to her parked car yesterday evening to find that someone had put 2 MTBs on her boot-mounted bike carrier!

A closer inspection revealed that they were 2 BSOs that looked like they had been pulled from the canal - obviously some local kids with a sense of humour!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,761 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

a solicitor with a large criminal practice.

I can never hear the final two words without thinking of Julian and Sandy in Round the Horne.

HORNE: Will you take my case?
    JULIAN: Well, it depends on what it is. We've got a criminal practice that takes up most of our time.
    HORNE: Yes, but apart from that, I need legal advice.
    SANDY: Ooh, isn't he bold?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

You swore you'd never tell!

However, two friends of mine didn't speak until they were five; one became a star journalist with a national paper, the other a solicitor with a large criminal practice.

(One of these also refused to eat anything other than mashed potatoes mounded up with a knob of butter on top for several years of childhood, and is now one of the country's best and most varied cooks.)

What's your point? I was just saying that my young lad likes his tunes and taking a stroll occasionaly!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,058 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    What's your point? I was just saying that my young lad likes his tunes and taking a stroll occasionaly!
    I think she was implying that your son's early over achievement is an indicator of mediocrity in adulthood.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

There is no way he put those headphones on himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Junior

Kids eh ? Who'd have them ..

Just cos you still need help...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Heading down the North Quays earlier today, and stopped at a red light at the junction before the Four Courts, with a taxi behind me. As I took off, a girl on the far side of the junction put her hand out, the taxi buzzed me with nothing to spare, swung in front of me and jammed on the brakes to get the fair (Which could obviously have ran away any second...). Between luck and being handy on the bike, I got past without being side swiped, or going into the back of him, but gave a shout of 'Watch it, you nearly creamed me' in his window. His reply was less polite. Luckily neither of us had noticed the Traffic Corps SUV two cars behind, who'd seen the whole thing, and had their window down to have a word with him as he went off on me...

I grinned the rest of the way along the quays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

If theres a palpable sense of ' us and them ' with taxi drivers, its on the North Quays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

They resurfaced the road on the way to my house, I might be tempted to buy road tax this year, I'm not sure yet. I will see if I can afford it, Im a bit tight this month with going out partying and what not.

Has this been posted already? New to me.

FF Senator says ‘seagulls have lost the run of themselves’
    Seagulls in Dublin have “lost the run of themselves completely”, a Fianna Fáil senator has told the Seanad.

Senator Ned O’Sullivan that while he “could take or leave pigeons” he is “very much against seagulls”.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/ff-senator-says-seagulls-have-lost-the-run-of-themselves-1.1869438

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

OldBean wrote: »
    Heading down the North Quays earlier today, and stopped at a red light at the junction before the Four Courts, with a taxi behind me. As I took off, a girl on the far side of the junction put her hand out, the taxi buzzed me with nothing to spare, swung in front of me and jammed on the brakes to get the fair (Which could obviously have ran away any second...). Between luck and being handy on the bike, I got past without being side swiped, or going into the back of him, but gave a shout of 'Watch it, you nearly creamed me' in his window. His reply was less polite. Luckily neither of us had noticed the Traffic Corps SUV two cars behind, who'd seen the whole thing, and had their window down to have a word with him as he went off on me...

I grinned the rest of the way along the quays.

*Window is rolled down*

"That cyclist is an awful arsehole"
    "I know right?"
    "We'd better keep going, keep up the professional driving"

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,980 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

tomasrojo wrote: »
    Has this been posted already? New to me....
    Seriously? Have you just returned from the moon?

It's probably been the biggest story of the silly season!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,980 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

A big congratulations to a certain boardsie on the Strava Shimano Summer Challenge. Out of 20,400 participants, she is currently number one in the world. :cool:

Seriously? Have you just returned from the moon?

It's probably been the biggest story of the silly season!
    Two small children who commandeer every media device in the house. Conversely, I am well informed of the activities of Peppa Pig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

A big congratulations to a certain boardsie on the Strava Shimano Summer Challenge. Out of 20,400 participants, she is currently number one in the world. :cool:

Thanks! Doing a 600km audax over the weekend certainly helps! 600km+ and 6,600m climbing.

Day 1. Bray - Athy - Kinnity - Slieve Bloom - Callan - Rathvilly - Rathdrum - Bray

Day 2. Bray - Roundwood - Brittas - Arklow - Coolgreany - Hollyfoot - Carnew - Ballycoog - Arklow - Wicklow - Bray

That ride took care of the Shimano Summer Challenge, the Rapha Rising challenge and the July Gran Fondo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Was that one of those crazy sleep-in-a-ditch style events or did you even sleep?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

I rode back into Bray at 4:10am on Sunday morning, ate a plateful of pasta, had a shower and slept for 2 1/2 hours in a sleeping bag on the floor of Bray Wheelers clubhouse. Up at 7:30 ate breakfast, left at 9:00am and returned to Bray at 8:10pm. I'll do a full write up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

you crazy :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement