Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Schickadee

Great thanks I kept looking n finally figured it out! Jus wasn't sure wen not shown in solution! Dreading sat!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Schickadee

Next qu 3.13 slow progress why is the hair school not recognised as intangible?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 FlyingSolo13

Schickadee wrote: »
    Next qu 3.13 slow progress why is the hair school not recognised as intangible?

The brand is internally generated and does not meet criteria to recognise same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

You cannot under IAS recognize an internally generated intangible

You often see newspaper companies list two sets of FS in their annual statements, a second non IAS one showing the value of their newspaper titles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mark1916

Guys,

I assume the AAFRP is in the RDS on Saturday from 10.00am to 11.50am?? I havent received any notification from the CAI (i'm a repeat student).

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Accountant81

Mark1916 wrote: »
    Guys,

I assume the AAFRP is in the RDS on Saturday from 10.00am to 11.50am?? I havent received any notification from the CAI (i'm a repeat student).

Yes that's right. Hall 8C, entrance via Simmonscourt Road. Would have thought you'd have received an email from them? Or check the messages in your student portal.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Aidodub87

When do the results for the AAFRP come out?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

Yes that's right. Hall 8C, entrance via Simmonscourt Road. Would have thought you'd have received an email from them? Or check the messages in your student portal.

I got an email confirming the place of the exam at the end of March. It didn't have an exam number though like the CAP2s which you had to print it off and bring with you. Was there a second email sent with exam numbers or do we just use our student numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

No we use our student numbers

• Advertisement

Results out June 27th

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Anyone got a good template for EPS ??

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DaUmpire

Hi guys
    Looking help with q3.2 in April 2012 paper. Per the solution it says the £8645 early incentive payment cannot be taken into account as it's not virtually certain and therefore per ias37 it is inappropriate to recognise a contingent gain unless it's virtually certain, however per ias11 incentive payments can be recognised when it's PROBABLE that they will b received therefore in this case it is ok to recognise. Have I missed the point here? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭blizzard13

DaUmpire wrote: »
    Hi guys
    Looking help with q3.2 in April 2012 paper. Per the solution it says the £8645 early incentive payment cannot be taken into account as it's not virtually certain and therefore per ias37 it is inappropriate to recognise a contingent gain unless it's virtually certain, however per ias11 incentive payments can be recognised when it's PROBABLE that they will b received therefore in this case it is ok to recognise. Have I missed the point here? Thanks

The only thing i could suggest is that in IAS11, it states that the contract needs to be sufficiently advanced in order to recognise the incentive. is 70% significantly advanced? id say more like 95% would be required?

Little Pea wrote: »
    Anyone got a good template for EPS ??

Wondering the same that defered tax and combinations have me lost!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

blizzard13 wrote: »
    The only thing i could suggest is that in IAS11, it states that the contract needs to be sufficiently advanced in order to recognise the incentive. is 70% significantly advanced? id say more like 95% would be required?

Key here is VIRTUALLY certain !

What are yis bringing into the exam on sat? I never got through cotters book :/

• Registered Users Posts: 11 elizmac28

Hi Guys

Did anyone do the sample papers? I read somewhere on here that they not in line with standard of paper.

But going through the toolkit I see some on the questions are in this.... therefore the standard required

I did it last night and got every single question incorrect

I would tell everyone not to do it, but if they in toolkit - maybe its just me

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Debs23

elizmac28 wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Did anyone do the sample papers? I read somewhere on here that they not in line with standard of paper.

But going through the toolkit I see some on the questions are in this.... therefore the standard required

I did it last night and got every single question incorrect

I would tell everyone not to do it, but if they in toolkit - maybe its just me

Best of luck

When u say they are not in line with the standard of the paper do u mean they are more difficult or easier?

Where did u get the sample papers?

• Advertisement

I read on hear that either at grinds or class that they were told not to concentrate on the sample papers as they were not in line with the standard of exam(wishy washy questions) and to concentrate on toolkit questions - which where more in line

But now I see that some of the sample paper questions have been added to this years toolkit - from last year!!!

I found it nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭acastudent

There are two sittings. The majority of people sit the April sitting but if for some reason you can't sit it there is another option in June. I was actually just on the institute inquiring about it because my son has been sick all week and the creche won't take him because of it. If I don't get to study over the next 3 days I may have to defer to June which I really don't to do!

Hope your son is ok accountant81

acastudent wrote: »
    Hope your son is ok accountant81

Thanks acastudent, that's very nice of you! He's grand now. Back in creche and all systems go!

BTW guys, I noticed in the board report for last year they mentioned that construction contracts were poorly dealt with. Given their tendency to re-examine topics that have proved difficult in previous sittings, it might be worth taking a second look at construction contracts, just in case! It probably wont come up now but I just said I'd give it a good look anyway.

Sample papers are posted in here, a few pages back. Page 18!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 CW1989

Hi guys,

June 2013 exam paper question 2.2, where did they get 19K for income statement charge/(release)? No calculation in the solutions!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Graham...

Hi, I have done a contents sheet for the Toolkit book but never post on here so cant attach it. Could someone PM me their email address and I will forward it to them to post it up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭thumbelinda

elizmac28 wrote: »
    I read on hear that either at grinds or class that they were told not to concentrate on the sample papers as they were not in line with the standard of exam(wishy washy questions) and to concentrate on toolkit questions - which where more in line

But now I see that some of the sample paper questions have been added to this years toolkit - from last year!!!

I found it nightmare

I was the same Elizmac28. I tried the two sample papers and I got most of them incorrect which really panicked me last Tuesday. I was very disheartened but then last night I attempted the 2013 paper and did absolutely fine on it. From my scoring I got in around 70-75% correct and Mike Farrell said we have to at least get 50% to get a Competent so that was reassuring. I would ignore the sample papers as they knocked my confidence and practice the work book and the actual papers from the last 2 years.

I was the same Elizmac28. I tried the two sample papers and I got most of them incorrect which really panicked me last Tuesday. I was very disheartened but then last night I attempted the 2013 paper and did absolutely fine on it. From my scoring I got in around 70-75% correct and Mike Farrell said we have to at least get 50% to get a Competent so that was reassuring. I would ignore the sample papers as they knocked my confidence and practice the work book and the actual papers from the last 2 years.

50% will get us a competent? That's great news! I thought we would need more than that.

50% will get us a competent? That's great news! I thought we would need more than that.

I did 2012 paper on Monday and did well in it confidence was up until I did sample paper last night.....

I did the 2013 paper this morning and did a lot better in it - they very tricky

Im in work now so its a matter of tidying my file and hoping for best tomor

Best of luck all............k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭thumbelinda

Mike Farrell told us that so I am assuming it is correct. He said that it makes sense if we are passing exams in Cap 1 and Cap 2 with results of 50% that that is all they can expect at FAE to be deemed Competent so he said you are more than likely looking at trying to get 3/5 in Section 1, and 2/3 in Sections 2 and 3 (but if you get half marks in one of the questions in section 2 or 3 - you should still get competent so that reassured me!

Advertisement