Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Lylodemo

myshirt wrote: »
    Guys, anyone good with revenue website. Where can I get a form CT1 for acc periods ending in 2014

You're better off using ROS 😊 It is much more convenient

Ha ha ignore the weird writing beside ROS that's supposed to be a smily face

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭conor1979

Lylodemo wrote: »
    Hey
    Did anyone pass with a decile ranking 6 and sufficiency grouping 0?????

I did. Got 5 yellows and one green (in IMP).

Think I must have been bordeline!

conor1979 wrote: »
    I did. Got 5 yellows and one green (in IMP).

Think I must have been bordeline!

I got 1 red 2 greens the rest yellows. Life really kicked my ass during the year so I feel a lot better now in applying for an appeal but not hopeful :( one can only dream

• Registered Users Posts: 15 2014fae

Does anyone know if the fee for a tutorial on your paper for core is the total on the letter. It says it is that per paper on the site. Bit steep if it's times 2

2014fae wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the fee for a tutorial on your paper for core is the total on the letter. It says it is that per paper on the site. Bit steep if it's times 2

I'd ring them to double check, I think it's cost for Core as one paper but there's no harm in doubling checking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Soap_Soup

Anyone have a link to the relevant ACCA info? Is there an Irish specific section with details on CAI exemptions etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 lydia123

portal.accaglobal.com/accrweb/faces/page/public/accreditations/enquiry/awards/EnqAwardsTable.jspx?_afPfm=-crd2ifc26

I can't post the full link but just removed the http bit... https://

In addition, the paper(s) listed below will be exempted on the basis of the corresponding accredited modules.

PAPER(S) ACCREDITED MODULES

F2 Management Accounting on the basis of MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING (CAP1)
    F3 Financial Accounting on the basis of FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING (CAP1)
    F5 Performance Management on the basis of STRATEGIC FINANCE AND MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING (CAP2)
    F6 Taxation on the basis of TAXATION I (CAP1) PLUS TAXATION II (CAP2)
    F7 Financial Reporting on the basis of FINANCIAL REPORTING (CAP2)
    F8 Audit and Assurance on the basis of AUDIT AND ASSURANCE (CAP2)
    F9 Financial Management on the basis of FINANCE (CAP1)

Basically becuase we have done all of CAP1 and CAP 2 we are exampt as far as the F papers.

If you have passed elective I'd say you are exempt from the P paper associated with that elective... I'd say....!

In addition, the paper(s) listed below will be exempted on the basis of the corresponding accredited modules.

PAPER(S) ACCREDITED MODULES

F2 Management Accounting on the basis of MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING (CAP1)
    F3 Financial Accounting on the basis of FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING (CAP1)
    F5 Performance Management on the basis of STRATEGIC FINANCE AND MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING (CAP2)
    F6 Taxation on the basis of TAXATION I (CAP1) PLUS TAXATION II (CAP2)
    F7 Financial Reporting on the basis of FINANCIAL REPORTING (CAP2)
    F8 Audit and Assurance on the basis of AUDIT AND ASSURANCE (CAP2)
    F9 Financial Management on the basis of FINANCE (CAP1)

Basically becuase we have done all of CAP1 and CAP 2 we are exampt as far as the F papers.

If you have passed elective I'd say you are exempt from the P paper associated with that elective... I'd say....!

F1 is exempt with your degree (probably has to be business related - search for that separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭iwishihadaname

lydia123 wrote: »

Unfortunately ACCA will not give any exemptions for any of the P papers.

• Advertisement

I would advice against moving to ACCA, the cost is huge for exemptions and you need to sit 5 exams yet you're only allowed 4 in one sitting so it will take another year anyway. Also the stress alone will be bad to deal with. Dust yourself off relax and focus on sept 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 39 jny107

Hey
    Did anyone pass with a decile ranking 6 and sufficiency grouping 0?????

I got decile 6, sufficiency 0 last year with 3 greens 2 yellows and 1 red in tax. appealed but made no difference! passed this year with 3green 3 yellow decile2 suff 0

jny107 wrote: »
    I got decile 6, sufficiency 0 last year with 3 greens 2 yellows and 1 red in tax. appealed but made no difference! passed this year with 3green 3 yellow decile2 suff 0

I'm delighted for you, well done on your pass ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭donnem33

For people repeating...are you considering paying for the revision course?

For those who repeated this year and did the revision course...is it worth the high cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mackers87

I would advice against moving to ACCA, the cost is huge for exemptions and you need to sit 5 exams yet you're only allowed 4 in one sitting so it will take another year anyway. Also the stress alone will be bad to deal with. Dust yourself off relax and focus on sept 2015

Are you allowed to sit exams (and pay for the exams you sit) before paying for exemptions? E.g. could I possibly sit two or three in June and only pay for the exemptions if I was to end up going forward with the ACCA route?

I understand where you're coming from. But I feel like I need an insurance policy. I just don't trust the exam next year to be fair (or even to make sense to be honest). I was resitting the Audit elective and it was a jokeshop. Not comparable to prior year/mocks, and even audit directors and partners in our firm have had a look at the paper couldn't believe how parts of it didn't make sense in an audit setting.

I know that will all sound bitter to those that passed. But I'm just trying to be realistic. I've seen some of the smartest/ hardest working colleagues I know really struggle with several repeats of the CAP2's (back when the pass rates for that were 40-50%), while I luckily got through first time. I knew how much luck came into that. And luck is luck, you can't depend on it.

I was OK with finishing my contract still having to get the elective. But a year later the thought of waiting another 12 months for an "on the day" exam with a 50% pass rate feels a bit reckless. So I'm really thinking about ACCA at the minute.

Basically, I just don't want to put all my eggs in that ****ty institute basket, which is constantly pointed out as being full of holes.

mackers87 wrote: »
    Are you allowed to sit exams (and pay for the exams you sit) before paying for exemptions? E.g. could I possibly sit two or three in June and only pay for the exemptions if I was to end up going forward with the ACCA route?

I understand where you're coming from. But I feel like I need an insurance policy. I just don't trust the exam next year to be fair (or even to make sense to be honest). I was resitting the Audit elective and it was a jokeshop. Not comparable to prior year/mocks, and even audit directors and partners in our firm have had a look at the paper couldn't believe how parts of it didn't make sense in an audit setting.

I know that will all sound bitter to those that passed. But I'm just trying to be realistic. I've seen some of the smartest/ hardest working colleagues I know really struggle with several repeats of the CAP2's (back when the pass rates for that were 40-50%), while I luckily got through first time. I knew how much luck came into that. And luck is luck, you can't depend on it.

I was OK with finishing my contract still having to get the elective. But a year later the thought of waiting another 12 months for an "on the day" exam with a 50% pass rate feels a bit reckless. So I'm really thinking about ACCA at the minute.

Basically, I just don't want to put all my eggs in that ****ty institute basket, which is constantly pointed out as being full of holes.

I am not entirely sure about that but I do remember someone in a previous post stating they sat some and still owe the ACCA for the exemptions. If you are only repeating the elective have you thought of a move to tax or APM? I really liked APM and found it easy enough to pass

I know how you feel, failing an exam is soul destroying to say the least and all your hard work is assessed on how you feel and interpret the case on the day ;( I am the type of person that blooms in real life situations and crumbles during an exam but unfortunately the preferred choice these days is exams :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mintymac

Is anyone thinking off appealing the exams they failed. I got the core but not my elective and thought it was worth the appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Rose26

you cant appeal unless you have a doctors note for the day of the exam, you can only get a check that your marks were toted correctly, but they will not re mark or even read through your script again

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mintymac

Thanks yeah that's what I though I just applied for the re check of marks just in case because it was only €28. Do they only re check the paper you request?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 BigMawn12

I didn't receive anything about membership. Just seen the deadline is Friday - pity I've hardly checked the board here since September. Is it €877? How much is it in £ anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Aidodub87

BigMawn12 wrote: »
    I didn't receive anything about membership. Just seen the deadline is Friday - pity I've hardly checked the board here since September. Is it €877? How much is it in £ anyone?

You don't receive anything, it's up to you to have everything submitted by Friday. And yeah it's €877.

How much is it in £?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Aidodub87

How much is it in £?

It's on the website under membership fees

Those figures aren't right though because they are for a full year. We only need to pay the once off joining fee and a quarter of the year for membership.

Therefore total £ price is not £614 and is actually £317 (£218 + £99 for quarter)

Euro prices would be reduced accordingly as well therefore only €453.25 needs paid (€312 + €141.25 for quarter)

Pretty sure that's it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭womandriver

Those figures aren't right though because they are for a full year. We only need to pay the once off joining fee and a quarter of the year for membership.

Therefore total £ price is not £614 and is actually £317 (£218 + £99 for quarter)

Euro prices would be reduced accordingly as well therefore only €453.25 needs paid (€312 + €141.25 for quarter)

Pretty sure that's it.

That's correct for €, I emailed them and they sent an invoice for €453.

Aidodub - you paid already lad?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Nermal

If you can't get the diary together by Friday, what's the next closing date?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭WhatYaSay

Anyone here make the switch from Audit to APM? And if so, what did ye think? Have to repeat the elective and I think I'd be better off going into something new than trying to get my head around audit again, it was bad enough the first time! From the brief description on the 'which elective to choose' sheet I think I'd have more of an interest in APM anyway.

Also does anyone know when the elective revision lectures are on? Have some travels booked from end of March so hoping I'd get to them before that and I could cover the course in the meantime. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ChrisROI

I got 1 red 2 greens the rest yellows. Life really kicked my ass during the year so I feel a lot better now in applying for an appeal but not hopeful :( one can only dream

In the same situation as you, decile 6 sufficiency 0. Got 2 green, 3 yellow and red in tax. Put my appeal in today on ex.circumstances. Not holding much hope but it would be a lovely Christmas surprise if I got it, at least to have something to show at the end of all the hard work. I think it's harder to take when it was a passable exam and now we have a year to wait, then you add in the uncertainty of a new core stucture :(

• Advertisement

ChrisROI wrote: »
    In the same situation as you, decile 6 sufficiency 0. Got 2 green, 3 yellow and red in tax. Put my appeal in today on ex.circumstances. Not holding much hope but it would be a lovely Christmas surprise if I got it, at least to have something to show at the end of all the hard work. I think it's harder to take when it was a passable exam and now we have a year to wait, then you add in the uncertainty of a new core stucture :(

I feel your pain :(

I'm send my appeal in tomorrow, one can only dream

What's all this about changing the core? Eeeeeeeeeekkkkkkk

Advertisement