Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 PG1234

Anybody know when we can expect to hear back from the institute on rechecked transcripts? I submitted before the end of November and still haven't heard a thing.

Surely can't take them that long if they are only recounting marks already given and not even re-reading the papers?????

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Torres999

PG1234 wrote: »
    Anybody know when we can expect to hear back from the institute on rechecked transcripts? I submitted before the end of November and still haven't heard a thing.

Surely can't take them that long if they are only recounting marks already given and not even re-reading the papers?????

Same here I applied right after the results for the elective recheck, don't know how it can take that long to count, that's assuming they even bother recounting them

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dellboy2007

Torres999 wrote: »
    Same here I applied right after the results for the elective recheck, don't know how it can take that long to count, that's assuming they even bother recounting them

Were appeal results not supposed to be out before 19th December?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Eusebius

Extenuating circumstances appeals were December 19th. Clerical rechecks will be completed later this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Elective revision form sent in .... Bloody audit again ! BRING IT ON

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Good luck man!

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭PhilipLuke

Does anyone have Paul Monahans email address?

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭donnem33

Did anyone do the CGS AAFRP course with Liam Doran last year? Would you recommend it?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Aidodub87

donnem33 wrote: »
    Did anyone do the CGS AAFRP course with Liam Doran last year? Would you recommend it?

Yes der go, really breaks down the standards

Yeah it's good alright having said that I would concentrate mainly on Derrys Cotters launch notes as my material

• Advertisement

Yeah like when I say it was good I still got an NC ðŸ˜, but passed the core so feck it

• Registered Users Posts: 15 2014fae

The revision timetable still isn't up is it? Anyone know when we have to apply for exams?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Lola89

2014fae wrote: »
    The revision timetable still isn't up is it? Anyone know when we have to apply for exams?

I contacted the institute last week and they told me the timetable would be provided upon enrolment, which I think is ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IR1SH RANG3R

Is everyone doing the revision course? I'm repeating the elective and to be honest can't see the point in doing it. I can get a friends log in details to get the notes/recorded lectures and I don't want to waste my time doing the mocks so don't think I'm gonna bother with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭zenith90

I'm looking to do an AAFRP revison course at some stage.

Is there much difference between the CGS course by Liam Doran and the ACA Revisions course by Christy Kearney from those that may have attended last year?

Will probably attend one but am flexible to attend either so not sure which of the two to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Melon head

I have enrolled in the revision course last week. I still cannot open the timetable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 eiz3011

Torres999 wrote: »
    Yeah it's good alright having said that I would concentrate mainly on Derrys Cotters launch notes as my material

Can upload these please? Or point me to where they are on the student portal.

Thanks

eiz3011 wrote: »
    Can upload these please? Or point me to where they are on the student portal.

Thanks

They are on the website under pre Christmas notes, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2 eiz3011

They are on the website under pre Christmas notes, etc

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 FAE2015

eiz3011 wrote: »
    Thanks

For the revision course, can I apply online or do I need to send in a form to the institute? Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭m1ck007

FAE2015 wrote: »
    For the revision course, can I apply online or do I need to send in a form to the institute? Thanks in advance.

Closing date is friday.

Revision timetables are up on the student portal

Revision timetables are up on the student portal

Any chance you'd upload it?

FAE NEW Revision 2015 - Elective Advanced Audit and assurance.pdf

FAE NEW Revision 2015 - Dublin Core.pdf

Attached is the core and the audit elective timetables
    Any chance you'd upload it?

Have heard of a few people passing the core on either clerical recheck/extenuating circumstance. Really regret not getting mine checked now! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mintymac

Have heard of a few people passing the core on either clerical recheck/extenuating circumstance. Really regret not getting mine checked now! :(

I wouldn't have bothered I got my elective re checked and nothing came of it so I wouldn't stress out about it too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,021 ✭✭✭applehunter

Got my results rechecked but no luck.

Have done the exam twice now. Missed out on revision course as I am undecided on my options.

Is it possible to do it a 3rd time?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Whoisin thehouse

Yes Applehunter, you can sit the FAE a 3rd time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 eibhy123

hey I've signed up for the revision course looking to start a small case study group for revision people anyone want to meet up once a month and go through steps cases correcting each others cases pm me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭AB6891

Applehunter, I passed both 3rd time round so keep the faith, it can be done and it is all the sweeter.

Does anybody know how long it takes from the submission of the admission to membership document to them actually confirming to you that it is in order and that you are a member?

Advertisement