Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iparcel... the stupidest courier

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I ordered a Christmas tree from Amazon last week to replace one I bought on Ebay that didn't show up. Paid for delivery to make sure it got here fast. It was dispatched on Thursday and due for delivery later today. Up to now, I thought it was on schedule but I checked tonight and found this:

Tracking on Amazon.co.uk:

Thursday, 14 December: Parcel has been handed over to the carrier and is in transit
    Friday, 15 December1:34 PM: Parcel left the carrier facility Manchester, STRETFORD GB
    Monday, 18 December 9:35 PM:Problem resolved and parcel is in transit

And on the i-parcel website:

Thu. 14 Dec 11:37 AM:Package details received electronically from Seller
    Thu. 14 Dec 17:08 PM:Exported i-Parcel and in transit to country of destination
    Mon. 18 Dec 21:35 PM:Received at i-Parce Feltham, GB :confused:

I suspect Fastway will be the least of my worries...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

While they have been crap in the past the new Fastway driver is OK and iParcel came through today with a delivery for an order that only got sent out from Amazon on Friday :)

I doubt the new guy will last though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

Any have a number to call for this shower ??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Do you know if its still in the UK (i-Parcel) or if its in Ireland (Fastway)?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i found out they are connected to fastway so if you ring fastway they should be able to deal.
    though i rang a couple days ago and was 'number 51 in the queue' and after holding a while and ringing back later i finally emailed.
    still no response.

made a complaint with amazon who hopefully will be following through on it (they threw my parcel at the back door of a different address in a different estate)

Davy wrote: »
    Do you know if its still in the UK (i-Parcel) or if its in Ireland (Fastway)?

It got lost between going from America to the UK. So not really sure who has it. I parcel not answering emails at all ☹️

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

It got lost between going from America to the UK. So not really sure who has it. I parcel not answering emails at all ☹️

They usually do respond to emails within 24 hours but will tell you no more than what the tracking says.

I have seen similar with them that could take 4 weeks from the US. How long are you waiting?

They usually do respond to emails within 24 hours but will tell you no more than what the tracking says.

I have seen similar with them that could take 4 weeks from the US. How long are you waiting?

A month now. Can't get any email reply which is so strange.

A month now. Can't get any email reply which is so strange.

Are you using customer.service@i-parcel.com?

Have you checked your spam folder?

• Advertisement

Are you using customer.service@i-parcel.com?

Have you checked your spam folder?

Ya have the right email. Get an auto response email every time saying my ticket has been updated. Have checked my spam for a response and nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Just tried the Fastway site to try to rearrange a delivery. Just see a general Parcel enquiry form on the site. Have the 'missed you' form with the courier no. but no contact details.

What is the best way to arrange a redelivery date?

Awfully tempted to just let it be sent back and claim a refund.

KOR101 wrote: »
    Just tried the Fastway site to try to rearrange a delivery. Just see a general Parcel enquiry form on the site. Have the 'missed you' form with the courier no. but no contact details.

What is the best way to arrange a redelivery date?

Awfully tempted to just let it be sent back and claim a refund.

They will know the courier by your address so you don’t need the other details.
    Fill in the contact form or email them directly and they should redirect the next day.

They will know the courier by your address so you don’t need the other details.
    Fill in the contact form or email them directly and they should redirect the next day.
    The problem is these are the holidays. Rarely at the house.....need to set a specific date roughly two weeks from today. :o Pity their only depot in Dublin appears to be in Tallaght. That's the great advantage of An Post. You just collect when you're there.

The problem is these are the holidays. Rarely at the house.....need to set a specific date roughly two weeks from today. :o Pity their only depot in Dublin appears to be in Tallaght. That's the great advantage of An Post. You just collect when you're there.

Can you not redirect to another address that someone will be able to take it in?

Can you not redirect to another address that someone will be able to take it in?
    I might try that so thanks for the suggestion.

What house nowadays is guaranteed to have someone at home at all times?

Also, I would choose not to buy rather than have this hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 doomshine

Worst courier I've ever dealt with... and I've seen a lot of incompetence in my lifetime!
    Apparently someone went through my Amazon order, took a bit out (either for personal gain or it got damaged in transit) and stuffed the rest into a black bag with the amazon label clumsily torn off the original box. It looked so bad the driver himself urged me to check the contents. I obviously refused to accept the package. All this on top of the delivery being a couple of days late already.

Got back to Amazon, they're re-sending it via their "fastest delivery option possible". If it's going to be I-parcel again I'm going to have a stroke. My fiancé got his order fulfilled with An Post, dispatched a day after mine, got it 2 days earlier!

Utterly pointless service. These were not super-expensive items but I'm furious with the whole experience altogether. Had to take a half-day off work for this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dustbringer

I have no idea where my package is. Amazon tracking says it only left the UK yesterday, yet iParcel tracking shows that it was exported and in transit to country of destination on the 2nd. Updated again today on their website, and now it's just 'in transit' with no location given.

Of course, the estimated delivery was today by 8pm, but my guess is iParcel messed up an mis-scanned it as shipped to Ireland when it wasn't and now the estimate has magically changed to anything up to the 12th. Great.

Tried the redirect but the parcel still wasn't delivered to the new address. Two weeks in his van, no courier details, no courier timetable listed for Balbriggan, Fastway called.........still like a total black hole.

Does Amazon refund in situations like this or do they expect me to spend hours trying to deal with Fastway?

I'm going to cancel a preorder on a BluRay because this just isn't even close to being worth it.

I know now that AdressPal for every order is the only workaround.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Tried the redirect but the parcel still wasn't delivered to the new address. Two weeks in his van, no courier details, no courier timetable listed for Balbriggan, Fastway called.........still like a total black hole.

Does Amazon refund in situations like this or do they expect me to spend hours trying to deal with Fastway?

I'm going to cancel a preorder on a BluRay because this just isn't even close to being worth it.

Not your problem at all its Amazons as its their courier and they are the ones with the contract with iparcel.

Just get on to Amazon and tell them the parcel is two weeks late and they will refund or replace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

I have no idea where my package is. Amazon tracking says it only left the UK yesterday, yet iParcel tracking shows that it was exported and in transit to country of destination on the 2nd. Updated again today on their website, and now it's just 'in transit' with no location given.

Of course, the estimated delivery was today by 8pm, but my guess is iParcel messed up an mis-scanned it as shipped to Ireland when it wasn't and now the estimate has magically changed to anything up to the 12th. Great.

This is exactly my situation, should have been here last Friday by 8, now Amazon say wait till Friday, if it doesn't appear give them a shout. Mine shipped 30 Dec allegedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭poxon

I`m in the same boat... My old order is in "loaded on fastway van" since 20th of december...
    I have placed different order with amazon and it is delivered with i-parcel... imagine my shock when I`ve found out that this is fastway....
    And of course status on a parcel says that it was DELIVERED... and I am at home since the morning - noone called, noone knocked.
    Omg I hate them so badly.

poxon wrote: »
    I`m in the same boat... My old order is in "loaded on fastway van" since 20th of december...
    I have placed different order with amazon and it is delivered with i-parcel... imagine my shock when I`ve found out that this is fastway....
    And of course status on a parcel says that it was DELIVERED... and I am at home since the morning - noone called, noone knocked.
    Omg I hate them so badly.
    Yeah mine says delivered but also says still in van in the days after. Expecting a different package through Fastway so will see if that turns up and then tackle driver directly about the other one. My missing one at least required a signature, so I know I'm on solid ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 trveller72

Yeah mine says delivered but also says still in van in the days after. Expecting a different package through Fastway so will see if that turns up and then tackle driver directly about the other one. My missing one at least required a signature, so I know I'm on solid ground.
    Same here.
    Status Delivered, twice, Tue and Wed, but still in transit after each "delivery".
    This is the first time this happens to me, but it is very annoying that there is no way to contact them.

Fastway still don't have mine, Amazon said by tomorrow, but I'm thinking lost or stolen at this stage. The great thing is they no longer sell one of the things I purchased and it was in the January sale.

JamboMac wrote: »
    Fastway still don't have mine, Amazon said by tomorrow, but I'm thinking lost or stolen at this stage. The great thing is they no longer sell one of the things I purchased and it was in the January sale.

1 hour after this post my parcel appeared again, hopefully tomorrow is the day.

Okay, so just one final entry on my experience.

My second parcel showed up as Lost on Amazon's tracking, so I immediately snapped up the refund.

For the first one, Amazon refused a refund saying item was showing as delivered and they needed 24 hours to investigate. 24 hours later they have no response from Fastway, so I got the refund. Item now 25% more expensive, so I can't simply reorder.

It is curious that someone else posted the same about their item being listed as Delivered after the first delivery attempt, and then still in the van the next day.

Anyway. hell of a way to run a business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Fastway website:

Your parcel has been delivered and signed for at 12:18:46 (now 14:33)
    Company: My Name printed. Name: 20
    Signature given: L Box

L box is not my name, must mean long box. No attempts at delivery or contact but Amazon sends me an email to say I got delivery. Probably will get it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

https://mobile.twitter.com/ups

Let UPS know. #DropFastWay

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement