Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭agfasfos

Good stuff. Less coverage the better! :D

As far as I know RTE & Sky have exclusive coverage of the Super 8’s, Don’t even think BBC would be allowed deferred coverage or even highlights.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

I'm nearly sure they showed Ulster teams in Super 8's/ quarter finals in the past, but maybe thats wishful thinking

Wishful thinking iirc. If it was so, it's been a while. Ongoing bugbear of mine, but sure they only carry the GAA on MW on radio which is **** all good to anyone outside the six counties and isn't available on TuneIn either.

It's an ecumenical matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

I didn't know Manus Kelly but reading the reports on the U14 League final win for Glenswilly last night where his son was MoM and seeing the pictures after with his mother, you couldn't but have a lump in your throat. Life can be cruel and everything moves on incredibly quickly in this world but it must give the family some comfort to have a community around you to lean on and who are there when you need them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    I didn't know Manus Kelly but reading the reports on the U14 League final win for Glenswilly last night where his son was MoM and seeing the pictures after with his mother, you couldn't but have a lump in your throat. Life can be cruel and everything moves on incredibly quickly in this world but it must give the family some comfort to have a community around you to lean on and who are there when you need them.

Was brilliant to see that this morning. Hope it brings them a small bit of joy.

Went to school with and played football with Manus. The whole family is heavily involved with the Club and it has hit hard. Great to see young Mandy bring a smile to his mother's face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭doc_17

Season ticket is worthless for the home super 8 game. Just gets you in. No assigned seating and no guarantee of a seat either

doc_17 wrote:
    Season ticket is worthless for the home super 8 game. Just gets you in. No assigned seating and no guarantee of a seat either

Great! Hate sitting.

What about the older folks? And the children? Won’t someone think of the children!!!!

Go early or go home!

So we go to Castlebar for the August Bank Holiday weekend.

Hopefully Galway won't be able to bring themselves to appoint a former Mayo manager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Annoying thing is, its highly unlikely that we'll be televised on the first weekend as we clash with the hurling QF. Although maybe the BBC will show us

I take it back, Sky have confirmed they're showing the game next weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 14,878 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    So we go to Castlebar for the August Bank Holiday weekend.

Hopefully Galway won't be able to bring themselves to appoint a former Mayo manager.

Better than Salthill with the Galway races on. Place would have been a nightmare to get in and out off.

That is my fear. Walshe is gone after that and Rochford would fit their bill well in that the Corofin lads would all commit and the Corofin style is what Galway supporters want to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

Are the tickets released in Supervalu any earlier than online?

Just flew in for this one, don't want to miss out on a ticket.

Don't think there will be much trouble getting tickets for the home game.

So Donegal v Meath next Sunday.

And I don't care about 2017 or the 2019 National League or any other history, this is a Championship game at home and we should be fit to beat them well based on what I have seen.

In fact, vital that we win well. Points difference could be an issue. If we are winning, there should be no easing up like there was against Cavan. Kerry and Mayo will knock ****e out of each other so we should go for the throat.

Looks like everyone is fit aside from Gillespie so no excuses, we are rightly favoured and need to go out and show that we can back that up.

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    So Donegal v Meath next Sunday.

And I don't care about 2017 or the 2019 National League or any other history, this is a Championship game at home and we should be fit to beat them well based on what I have seen.

In fact, vital that we win well. Points difference could be an issue. If we are winning, there should be no easing up like there was against Cavan. Kerry and Mayo will knock ****e out of each other so we should go for the throat.

Looks like everyone is fit aside from Gillespie so no excuses, we are rightly favoured and need to go out and show that we can back that up.

Correct, we need to get stuck in from the throw in. Player for player we’re the better team but we have to play at pace and make every chance count, wouldn’t fancy going to McHale Park looking for a big winning margin, the Kerry match will be huge.

Are the tickets released in Supervalu any earlier than online?

Just flew in for this one, don't want to miss out on a ticket.

I tried getting tickets for the Ulster Final , SuperValu,Centra and O’Neill’s, no chance, usually no problem, not sure if many Meath followers will travel. They’ll fancy their chances against Kerry in Navan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Cavan_King

agfasfos wrote: »
    I tried getting tickets for the Ulster Final , SuperValu,Centra and O’Neill’s, no chance, usually no problem, not sure if many Meath followers will travel. They’ll fancy their chances against Kerry in Navan.

There won't be near the same interest from Meath that there was from Cavan. That was our first Ulster Final appearance in 18 years.

I saw people with pictures on social media going to the game whom I didn't even know knew there was an intercounty team!

Anyone have idea when they'll set date for the final group stage game?

The worry is that everyone will beat Meath and they will be out of it by the time they get to Killarney and as such Kerry could beat them by whatever they need to beat them by. 3 teams on 4 points is a very possibly outcome in this group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Olpiy

doc_17 wrote: »
    The worry is that everyone will beat Meath and they will be out of it by the time they get to Killarney and as such Kerry could beat them by whatever they need to beat them by. 3 teams on 4 points is a very possibly outcome in this group.

Are Kerry not playing Meath in Navan?

Olpiy wrote: »

They are. Tight place to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

Sure no point in us turning up at all in the super 8s! Meath will not lose all 3 games. Dont get over confident

Olpiy wrote: »
    doc_17 wrote: »

They certainly are! That’s made me feel a little better.

risteard7 wrote: »
    Sure no point in us turning up at all in the super 8s! Meath will not lose all 3 games. Dont get over confident

I didn’t mean to be disrespectful. Was just speculating as to how it might play out. But I do think Meath will find their 3 games very challenging .

They are. Tight place to go.

In what way?

Parking?

Capacity? I know the attendance was reduced due to H&S

If travelling up from Kerry (lol, it's not a final) Abbeyfeale, Newcastlewest and Adare can be awful bottlenecks.

Plus you have all those tolls.

I see what you mean now.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭sp00k

Why do RTE never name MacCumhaill Park and always refer to it as Ballybofey? Its been going on for years. Even when Marty is at the ground he'll say 'We're live here in Ballybofey'. No big deal but just curious...

https://imgur.com/a/vzO8nlq

Probably doesn’t roll off the southern palate. It’s named after a prominent IRA man so maybe there’s that. You wouldn’t know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Probably doesn’t roll off the southern palate. It’s named after a prominent IRA man so maybe there’s that. You wouldn’t know.
    Rubbish

• Advertisement

Edgware wrote: »
    Rubbish

K.

In other news, Jamie Brennan has deservedly won the GAA player of the month. He's really stepped up to the plate for Donegal and has had an excellent season so far. If we're to go beyond the Super 8's this year we need him firing so hopefully he carries his form into the next round.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2019/0710/1061271-okeefe-and-brennan-win-gaa-player-of-the-month-awards/

Advertisement