Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport Fire Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that the starting pay is €33,600....

What's the increments like? (increase after 12 month probation?... 1-5 or 10 year increments? etc...)

H

Also..... what is their shift pattern out there?

H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Tintin8

Heathen wrote: »
    Also..... what is their shift pattern out there?

H

Off every 2nd weekend and you've 8 days off in a row once a month. Shifts are 12hrs generally with occasional early and lates . That's all I know

• Registered Users Posts: 44 SAFO

Tintin8 wrote: »
    Off every 2nd weekend and you've 8 days off in a row once a month. Shifts are 12hrs generally with occasional early and lates . That's all I know

That's spot on. 7am and 7pm start times for 12 hour shifts with 7am and 3pm for the occasional 8hr shift. 8 days off every 28 days.

The max pay is 60k + or thereabouts. Not sure about the incremental scale but its mostly every year for an increment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

SAFO wrote: »
    That's spot on. 7am and 7pm start times for 12 hour shifts with 7am and 3pm for the occasional 8hr shift. 8 days off every 28 days.

The max pay is 60k + or thereabouts. Not sure about the incremental scale but its mostly every year for an increment.

is it 3 days on ? 3 off kinda thing ?

• Advertisement

Cheers for the info...

Is that 60k Firefighter max pay? or Station officer/ Aerodrome/ Chief Fire Officer etc?

H

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

Is that 60k for a fire fighter?
    What would the station officers, aerodrome officers and CFO's earn?
    Is there Sunday premiums and shift allowances on top of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

8 days off every 28 days, do you get leave on top of that?

Heathen wrote: »
    Cheers for the info...

Is that 60k Firefighter max pay? or Station officer/ Aerodrome/ Chief Fire Officer etc?

H

firefighter

Simona1986 wrote: »
    8 days off every 28 days, do you get leave on top of that?

Yes your a/l is totally separate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Redders34

I have thrown in the towel at this late stage so best of luck to everyone going forward hope you all do well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭two4two

Has anyone heard of calls being made since yesterday? I know a few who got late calls last Thursday but nothing since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Red111

two4two wrote: »
    I won't get into details but it went very well I felt but anything is possible so I will take it step by step.

Fair play . Well done. Best of luck with the rest of it. I did mine this morning and I felt it went fairly bad. It was a whole new experience to me and a right kick up the behind.

Red111 wrote: »
    Fair play . Well done. Best of luck with the rest of it. I did mine this morning and I felt it went fairly bad. It was a whole new experience to me and a right kick up the behind.

The standard for interviews in the Fire Service is extremely high and this goes for DFB etc.

You won't be the first to find it difficult experience and definatly no the last.

Best of luck!

I had mine today and it wasn't the best interview Ive ever done. Could av been a lot better. Now we wait 3 weeks they said. Maybe longer

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

Wonder how many they plan on taking forward to the physical tests??

bono_v wrote: »
    Wonder how many they plan on taking forward to the physical tests??

They said in a couple of interviews now that they want a panel of roughly 30.

If they took 100 through to the next round (fitness test with assessments) they could easily lose at least 10 people.

that leaves 90 people for interview for 30 jobs.

that's a 1:3 ratio

Even if they lose 40 from this wound the people who get through have a great chance. I wouldn't say they would want to cut too many people this round but who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Savio11

Redders34 wrote: »
    I have thrown in the towel at this late stage so best of luck to everyone going forward hope you all do well

Same here,very strange process to be honest, best of luck to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Semurray88

Had my interview this afternoon. I felt it went reasonable well but competition is very tough so I'm not expecting to go any further. They also said the fitness assessment will be difficult as I would expect.
    They said it may be up to a month before we hear anyting back.
    Anyway best of luck to everyone 😊

Interviews still on lads? When they finishing up?

• Advertisement

they are done!

two4two wrote: »
    they are done!

Really? When was last day ?

yesterday according to a source in the station itself

Lads I rang HR there and was told they are still working their way through the applications and that it could be a couple of weeks before we hear back. I asked if it would likely be bad news by this stage and she said not at all and that they hadn't even looked at some candidates yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GroundLA

I rang during the week and got the exact same answers, not sure whether to believe it or not because of that is the case they'll be doing well to have a class in in August/September. Also it makes absolutely no sense to interview say 100 people when there could be 75 applications they haven't looked at which could potentially have much better experience etc.
    Either a source in the station or HR is telling porkies, this whole recruitment process isn't adding up.

everything in the FS is rumour. believe it when you see it!

What so there's more interviews to come?

Was told at interview to expect at 3/4 week wait .

I believe so.

There are a handful of interviews next week for those who could not attend their original interview.

The 100+ who got through the interview process are having their fitness assessment on Monday week.

Those who are successful at the fitness assessment will then have another interview to decide who starts training in August and who will go on the panel.

If you haven't heard anything by now, you can take it that you were unsuccessful. Don't believe all these rumors that you are hearing as all they do is build your hopes up.

Monday week?

Havnt heard anything by now you're unsuccessful?

The interview panel said Id be 3/4 weeks waiting on reply.

Do you know this 100%?

Do you know anyone who has the fitness test date confirmed?

Cheers

Sorry if I have caused confusion. Those who had an interview will hear very early next week if they are through to the fitness stage. The people who I meant to clarify as been unsuccessful were those who had heard nothing since the aptitude test.

I know you were told at interview that it would take between 3/4 weeks to be told if you were through but that was just in case the process was delayed.

It hasn't so they begin on the 11 May for one week.

• Advertisement

Sorry if I have caused confusion. Those who had an interview will hear very early next week if they are through to the fitness stage. The people who I meant to clarify as been unsuccessful were those who had heard nothing since the aptitude test.

I know you were told at interview that it would take between 3/4 weeks to be told if you were through but that was just in case the process was delayed.

It hasn't so they begin on the 11 May for one week.

Ah I see thanks .
    Mu heard off another lad that fitness starts 11th may too

Advertisement