Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport Fire Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭big.left90

Tintin8 wrote: »
    Quite today lads did anyone get called?

Didn't get a call, lost hope at this stage. I know for a fact a lad who answered only 15 questions on the verbal and had a fairly crap performance in the numerical who got called for interview, head wrecking stuff altogether looks like the only hope I have is getting a job in the ASU and trying to get in internally.
    Heartbroken :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Savio11

big.left90 wrote: »
    Didn't get a call, lost hope at this stage. I know for a fact a lad who answered only 15 questions on the verbal and had a fairly crap performance in the numerical who got called for interview, head wrecking stuff altogether looks like the only hope I have is getting a job in the ASU and trying to get in internally.
    Heartbroken :(

I hear ya exactly the same feeling, gutted, very strange way of picking people in my view

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kimiko2012

Savio11 wrote: »
    I hear ya exactly the same feeling, gutted, very strange way of picking people in my view

I'm in the same boat as you guys! Not a word! Not sure what to think to be honest 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

Getting nervous again at this stage!

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Getting nervous again at this stage!

Me too. But if they're making calls up until Friday we may still have some hope. I'm baffled as to why I haven't even been called yet because I was really happy with tests and know I didn't make a mess up.

• Advertisement

It's annoying, but I'll just try my best to get into the ASU and go from there, I know a guy who's a firefighter in the airport and he told me that the likelyhood of them keeping the panel alive to fill the vacancies that are coming up on the next three years is slim to none, they'll recruit internally again for it. It could be another 15 years before they go external again :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭two4two

big.left90 wrote: »
    It's annoying, but I'll just try my best to get into the ASU and go from there, I know a guy who's a firefighter in the airport and he told me that the likelyhood of them keeping the panel alive to fill the vacancies that are coming up on the next three years is slim to none, they'll recruit internally again for it. It could be another 15 years before they go external again :(

I can't see why they would scrap a panel just to go through all the stages again internally. That makes no sense. Take it as it is and don't get too caught up in he said she said. If your familiar with any fire service then you know they are a rumor mill.

there's still time left. don't count yourself out until you get word that your unsuccessful.

best of luck to all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Tintin8

It's not over yet lads, there might be phone calls today and tomorrow.

Anyone else have any luck today? I did my interview today

two4two wrote: »
    Anyone else have any luck today? I did my interview today

Heard nothing. How did you get on?

• Advertisement

Kimiko2012 wrote: »
    Heard nothing. How did you get on?

I won't get into details but it went very well I felt but anything is possible so I will take it step by step.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I wonder how the test cheating buddies got on?

two4two wrote: »
    I won't get into details but it went very well I felt but anything is possible so I will take it step by step.

Well done and best of luck with it.

A friend of mine was interviewed and they told him 2500 applications for the jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭patsat

To the people that have been interviewed already/called for interview? How did ye do in the test??

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭laotg

Aren't new ASU now just on contracts with multiflex? I reckon that would mean they can't apply for jobs that are internal only, as they aren't employed by DAA.?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 netspike

Something seems very odd. I aced the apptitude test, found both really easy even the maths. Few lads I know said the same but we got no call (all done it from homes, no cheaters here)

2 others said they definitely failed it, one was laughing, said he done 5 maths questions and choose random numbers as answers for the rest because he gave up, said it was no doubt a big fail and both got interviews and people who are sure they done well got nada. Just seems strange. Oh well back to the drawing board .

Good luck guys at the interviews.

netspike wrote: »
    Something seems very odd. I aced the apptitude test, found both really easy even the maths. Few lads I know said the same but we got no call (all done it from homes, no cheaters here)

2 others said they definitely failed it, one was laughing, said he done 5 maths questions and choose random numbers as answers for the rest because he gave up, said it was no doubt a big fail and both got interviews and people who are sure they done well got nada. Just seems strange. Oh well back to the drawing board .

Good luck guys at the interviews.

I agree , I also know two lads who did well at the aptitude and no interview. Shocked really . My aptitude was ok but nothing amazing. Weird the way they are doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭patsat

Tintin8 wrote: »
    I agree , I also know two lads who did well at the aptitude and no interview. Shocked really . My aptitude was ok but nothing amazing. Weird the way they are doing it.

I'm sure I done really well at the aptitude, only failed to answer 2 of the maths questions. Maths would be a strong point of mine. I'd also have a fairly good cv. No emergency services experience but still a pretty good cv. No call for me though! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

To be honest I think it is a shambles how this is being organized, Im not personally too put out about if I got an interview or not but for those who clearly banked on this its tough like.. bad bad management from DAA

• Advertisement

I was at station today and the guy showing me around said that 130 been interviewed but he thinks there behind schedule so maybe phonecalls next week too. Also he said their chief thinks it'll all be done by August and training commencing September.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

I was told 130 also but starting training in August by a station officer

laotg wrote: »
    Aren't new ASU now just on contracts with multiflex? I reckon that would mean they can't apply for jobs that are internal only, as they aren't employed by DAA.?

No they're DAA staff recruited by fkexsource on behalf of the DAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Semurray88

Got a call from HR yesterday evening at about half 5. Interview on Tuesday afternoon. Happy with that as I had pritty much lost all hope of getting a call. The woman from HR said they are still working through the applications so might be still calls made next week....

• Registered Users Posts: 12 1986kennyd

I had my interview during the week. They said the competition for places on the panel is extremely tough so best of luck to everyone involved!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 SAFO

Those who were successful at the aptitude test stage were then screened through their cvs and, those who had fire, medical, voluntary organisation, military, or sporting backgrounds were mostly put through for interview.

If you felt you did well at the aptitude test and still have not been called, it could be due to you not meeting the aforementioned criteria.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Did anyone get a job ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Tom keen

I don't know about that, I felt I did well in the aptitude tests and I have Fire and medical Criteria on my C.V still no word!!!!

Tom keen wrote: »
    I don't know about that, I felt I did well in the aptitude tests and I have Fire and medical Criteria on my C.V still no word!!!!

It's not over yet, calls this week definitely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 SAFO

Tom keen wrote: »

That was the criteria. Either you may be called this week or you didn't do as well as you thought you did.

Advertisement