Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport Fire Service

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

Sh1t crack if your name is Zach.. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭two4two

Gillybally wrote: »
    Do you know this for fact? Is it definitely from R to Z???

based on when I got a call and my name/surname this would not match with an alphabetical approach to the batches. This can also be said for 2 friends of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Gillybally

two4two wrote: »
    based on when I got a call and my name/surname this would not match with an alphabetical approach to the batches. This can also be said for 2 friends of mine.

Ok great. Don't hold much hope at this stage!

Gillybally wrote: »
    Ok great. Don't hold much hope at this stage!

I wouldn't rule anything out yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Tintin8

This is a joke the way there doing things. Leavin us waiting and guessing all week. Just email the people who are unsuccessful and get it over with. I'm annoyed & frustrated at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

Tintin8 wrote: »
    This is a joke the way there doing things. Leavin us waiting and guessing all week. Just email the people who are unsuccessful and get it over with. I'm annoyed & frustrated at this stage

I disagree, they obviously have a large volume of people to contact and organise interviews for. It's simply not possible to let everyone know at once and maybe if some people can't interview or drop out, they may call more people so don't want to send out the rejection emails yet.

Surname begins with A and I haven't heard anything yet. I'm guessing my cover letter let me down as I wrote it hastily while in work on the last day of the competition, I felt I did well in the aptitude and was in the top 5% when doing the Garda application the last time around.

Simona1986 wrote: »
    I disagree, they obviously have a large volume of people to contact and organise interviews for. It's simply not possible to let everyone know at once and maybe if some people can't interview or drop out, they may call more people so don't want to send out the rejection emails yet.

Surname begins with A and I haven't heard anything yet. I'm guessing my cover letter let me down as I wrote it hastily while in work on the last day of the competition, I felt I did well in the aptitude and was in the top 5% when doing the Garda application the last time around.

Of course it's possible to contact everyone together.

Organise the interviews and unsuccessful people and bang out a email . Simples

Of course it's possible to contact everyone together.

Organise the interviews and unsuccessful people and bang out a email . Simples

and what if lets say out of 500 people 250 are through for interview and 250 were unsuccessful. Emails go to each candidate at the same time. only 200 can make the interview allotted or lets say 50 people can make the interview but have no interest anymore.

Now you have insufficient numbers for the interview stage and you have just notified the other potential candidates that they are unsuccessful so now they have nobody to call up to make up the -50 candidates.

simples indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Savio11

My surname is S and still haven't heard anything so I'm starting to loose hope, taut I did ok in Exams but obviously not good enough, I always hated aptitude tests and this proves it again why?

Good luck to those who got through

Any idea when Airport police will recruit again and will it be external like this was?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Called Hr to ask what the craic is. Was told it will be before the end of next week beforw everyone is informed as interviews are over 2 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Gillybally

cruais wrote: »
    Called Hr to ask what the craic is. Was told it will be before the end of next week beforw everyone is informed as interviews are over 2 weeks.

I wonder did they just call the top group and are waiting to see if thy find the right candidates before ringing the next group. It's so drawn out! Did you ask if they could let ou know over te phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭patsat

cruais wrote: »

I done the same as I was quietly confident after that last round. They told me we would know by the end of next week and that not applications had been looked at yet. Fingers crossed!

patsat wrote: »
    I done the same as I was quietly confident after that last round. They told me we would know by the end of next week and that not applications had been looked at yet. Fingers crossed!

Why are they looking at Applications still, surely that would have been done when the closing dates for applying was up, which meant you got the stage 1 exams? Seems stupid if there basing it on exams with your Application.

Just got a call for interview next Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭reddington

The very best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Redders34

Had a missed call today from unknown number could of been ? Or does number come up

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭fiverfriday

Number came up for me.

number comes up unfortunatly

So are people getting rejection calls also?

I havn't heard of any rejection calls being made. I would image that will come in the form of an email

• Advertisement

two4two wrote: »
    I havn't heard of any rejection calls being made. I would image that will come in the form of an email

Starting to lose hope if I don't get a call by Wednesday in gonna ring and ask them to put me out of my misery

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭big.left90

Savio11 wrote: »
    Starting to lose hope if I don't get a call by Wednesday in gonna ring and ask them to put me out of my misery

Apparently they'll be making calls until Friday with interviews all next week.

big.left90 wrote: »
    Apparently they'll be making calls until Friday with interviews all next week.

Really? I must be quite low in the pecking order since I haven't been called yet, Here's hoping I get called.??

Well done to those who got called

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭big.left90

Savio11 wrote: »
    Really? I must be quite low in the pecking order since I haven't been called yet, Here's hoping I get called.??

Well done to those who got called

People got calls today and someone called HR and was told they'll be making calls all week. They're interviewing all next week

Redders34 wrote: »
    Had a missed call today from unknown number could of been ? Or does number come up

Was a 01 829..... That rang me ,

I wonder is it alphabetically with the surnames ?

Was a 01 829..... That rang me ,

I wonder is it alphabetically with the surnames ?

if it is done alphabetically then I was called out of sync with this method.

May be done numerically which people like me who applied literally 5 to 12 before closing may be last.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

rocky911 wrote: »
    May be done numerically which people like me who applied literally 5 to 12 before closing may be last.

Hopefully as I applied on the very last day and my surname begins with A..

rocky911 wrote: »

yeah this could be a possibility as I do know that the closing date for the aptitude differed for certain people.

• Advertisement

Quite today lads did anyone get called?

Advertisement