Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA "off topic" thread - No discussion relating to FSA or Soccer - please read post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

PARlance wrote: »
    I was thinking along those lines recently myself... but rather a FSA get together some Saturday, 30 or so lads in some pub with multiple screens with all the matches (may be a few legal loopholes to jump through ) on.

Zero talk though, just us all sitting there while posting on the forum :)
    Finnharpsboy would be still letting us know who has scored before we see it live. We would have to get him a VIP section for all his gadgets.

Guessing this would be a video podcast and not just audio. This would be a really bad idea for an audio podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

jimmii wrote: »
    Guessing this would be a video podcast and not just audio. This would be a really bad idea for an audio podcast.

Shouting, silence and crying.

What else do you want to listen to?

wonski wrote: »
    Shouting, silence and crying.

What else do you want to listen to?

Thats how I get myself to sleep when I think about Rooney still being in my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

jimmii wrote: »

Oh no, wasn't thinking about any type of podcast, just a get together type thing. Not that I'd be ever able to be boozing at 3pm these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭Invincible

Looking forward to an exhilarating SHC final!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Invincible wrote:
    Looking forward to an exhilarating SHC final!!!

Great game so far. I have a feeling Galway are going to regret all those wides though.

spock. wrote: »
    Great game so far. I have a feeling Galway are going to regret all those wides though.

Ah yes, the missed goal chance was crucial for them along with those missed points.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I haven't played FIFA in about 15 years but I was interested to see that they have released their top 50 player ratings for the new game due out this month
    https://www.easports.com/fifa/news/2015/fifa-16-ratings-top-50

Of particular interest to FPL players

6. Hazard
    10. Silva
    12. Aguero
    16. Fabregas
    18. Ozil
    25. Sanchez
    26. De Gea
    28. De Bruyne
    30. Costa
    32. Courtois
    36. Rooney
    41. Santi Cazorla
    42. Yaya
    44. Terry
    47. Kompany
    49. Cech

I believe Danny Graham missed out narrowly on the top 50.

No Mata :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I don't think Hazard or Silva should be above Aguero. He's number three in the world for me behind the obvious duo.

That said, we may be teethering on the edge of what's allowed with this discussion.

On the train to Cork at the minute. Surprised to see that when you book seats your name is shown above the seat by a display.

I wouldn't want the whole carriage to be able to see my name!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lemlin wrote: »
    I don't think Hazard or Silva should be above Aguero. He's number three in the world for me behind the obvious duo.

That said, we may be teethering on the edge of what's allowed with this discussion.

On the train to Cork at the minute. Surprised to see that when you book seats your name is shown above the seat by a display.

Once it didn't come up as lemlin can you imagine a whole train journey taking up by people asking you FF questions.

Lemlin wrote: »

When you book you get the choice to have your name above it or just a message saying its booked. Name is default so I guess most people don't even realise its an option.

Once it didn't come up as lemlin can you imagine a whole train journey taking up by people asking you FF questions.

I didn't book a seat. Was surprised the amount of people coming from Electric Picnic that thought ahead to.

Taking part in a fantasy NFL Draft for the first time tonight. Anybody any experience with this? What are the pitfalls /newbie mistakes to avoid?

I'm 8th out of 10 in the draft order, so I'm assuming it depends on the positions drafted by my opponents? (i.e. If they all pick RBs first, I should hit the WRs early?) What positions should I leave to the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Taking part in a fantasy NFL Draft for the first time tonight. Anybody any experience with this? What are the pitfalls /newbie mistakes to avoid?

I'm 8th out of 10 in the draft order, so I'm assuming it depends on the positions drafted by my opponents? (i.e. If they all pick RBs first, I should hit the WRs early?) What positions should I leave to the end?
    RB in first 3 rounds. They're the big point scorers. Only exception would be Gronkowski.

Always Def and Kicker in the last 2 rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Shedite27 wrote: »
    RB in first 3 rounds. They're the big point scorers. Only exception would be Gronkowski.

Always Def and Kicker in the last 2 rounds.

Last year I found a chat thread for fantasy nfl. Opinions on trades and starters. This year nothing I can see, and I've asked I a few threads. Anyone on here point me the right direction?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Deco99 wrote: »
    Last year I found a chat thread for fantasy nfl. Opinions on trades and starters. This year nothing I can see, and I've asked I a few threads. Anyone on here point me the right direction?

> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1506

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Time to dust down my FPL thinking jacket. I do love the game but I do love the break too.

Any of you getting this pop up in the forum?
    Some scam spam no doubt!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Invincible wrote: »
    Some scam spam no doubt!

Damn I was the 999,999 visitor and I got nothing. Looks legit. Congrats.

• Advertisement

Some scam spam no doubt!

Had it on a mobile few times.

Annoying, especially when you click it accidentally. Not tempting at all. Surprised people still fall on these tbh.

Djokovic destroying Cilic in US Open btw.

Had it on a mobile few times.

Annoying, especially when you click it accidentally. Not tempting at all. Surprised people still fall on these tbh.

Distracting for sure, pity you can't block pop ups without rooting. Ah nobody fall's for these now surely :-)

Djokovic destroying Cilic in US Open btw.

No harm to see Williams beaten earlier.

No harm to see Williams beaten earlier.

I didn't see it, surprising really.

Italian final:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Anyone ever been to Amsterdam? Heading there on Friday for four days. Don't know what to expect.

Nib wrote: »
    Anyone ever been to Amsterdam? Heading there on Friday for four days. Don't know what to expect.

Never been but I've been told its an eye opening experience!

Nib wrote: »

Been there with a group about 12 yes ago, few museum's to visit, accommodation was rough there at the time, plenty of bars to visit, some where you can smoke, if that's what you're into, plenty of window shopping to be had as dusk descends ;-)
    Wouldn't ever be tempted to go back though, sleazy city.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Been there with a group about 12 yes ago, few museum's to visit, accommodation was rough there at the time, plenty of bars to visit, some where you can smoke, if that's what you're into, plenty of window shopping to be had as dusk descends ;-)
    Wouldn't ever be tempted to go back though, sleazy city.

Sleazy if you want it to be but a very beautiful city and there's plenty to do outside of the obvious 'tourist' attractions. Great museums, good bars, shopping and pleasant to walk around on foot. I'd say it is a must visit city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Sleazy if you want it to be but a very beautiful city and there's plenty to do outside of the obvious 'tourist' attractions. Great museums, good bars, shopping and pleasant to walk around on foot. I'd say it is a must visit city.

Yep, was going to post something similar. Beautiful city.

Advertisement