Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA "off topic" thread - No discussion relating to FSA or Soccer - please read post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Not sure if there would be the interest but i've seen in other forums on Boards they arrange for beers now and again. I'd be up for a day on the razz if other were in to it. Pick a day when there's a ton of football on and head out early and talk tactics/trash :pac: hopefully make it home at a reasonable hour before the other halves kick off.

I do appreciate the fact members here are from all over the country though so perhaps day time scoops isn't suitable! Just an idea though as i feel there's a pretty good community of us in here.

Perhaps the Mods can weigh in on the idea

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Not sure if there would be the interest but i've seen in other forums on Boards they arrange for beers now and again. I'd be up for a day on the razz if other were in to it. Pick a day when there's a ton of football on and head out early and talk tactics/trash :pac: hopefully make it home at a reasonable hour before the other halves kick off.

I do appreciate the fact members here are from all over the country though so perhaps day time scoops isn't suitable! Just an idea though as i feel there's a pretty good community of us in here.

Perhaps the Mods can weigh in on the idea

I'd be absolutely on for that. A Saturday 12:45 game could be the starting point. Easily done just agree on a date and give due notice to drum up a bit of interest

manual_man wrote: »
    I'd be absolutely on for that. A Saturday 12:45 game could be the starting point. Easily done just agree on a date and give due notice to drum up a bit of interest

Good man, i'll see if anyone notices it in this thread and if there are a few others keen i'll set up a thread for it once the season starts! Early kick off pints sounds about right it's just a matter of where and when as i'm sure some will have to travel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Good man, i'll see if anyone notices it in this thread and if there are a few others keen i'll set up a thread for it once the season starts! Early kick off pints sounds about right it's just a matter of where and when as i'm sure some will have to travel

I would have assumed the Friday night game in GW2 would be popular timing!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Team Boards FSA will come wearing their medals!!

• Advertisement

I'm open to any and all suggestions, perhaps if the mods set up a thread with a poll about some possible dates we can see what kind of interest there is. I only say the mods can set it up as i'd imagine the thread will see more action if they set it up than if i do?

The Ashes. Holy crap never seen anything like that before absolutely insane morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

jimmii wrote: »
    The Ashes. Holy crap never seen anything like that before absolutely insane morning.

8 for 15, dear lord

• Registered Users Posts: 39,529 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Extras top scoring for Australia lol

manual_man wrote: »
    8 for 15, dear lord

Unbelievable I switched on at lunch time thinking I probably hadn't missed too much!

• Advertisement

KevIRL wrote: »
    Extras top scoring for Australia lol

First time ever in an Ashes innings apparently! Someone was asking when you would reappear who knew all it would take was a cricket post!! There is a €10 UFPL league if you're going to be playing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I know it's bad timing to ask but ive a young fella hounding me. Some of ye posted a link in this thread last year about getting an xbox live sub for less than the direct price from Microsoft. Link doesnt seem to work any more. Know nothing about this.

Could anyone explain how that works and point me in the right direction?

Websites buy the codes in bulk and sell them on the cheap for anything up to 50% of the ms price. I haven't bought one in a couple of years but used to get them from here....http://www.electronicfirst.com/cheap-xbox-live-codes/12-month-gold-membership-subscription/

Maybe check out the xbox forum?

Another site I've used...http://www.gamepointsnow.com/codes/Xbox-Live-13-Month-Gold-Membership-%28Includes-Halo-4-Emblem%29

Edit : according to the xbox forum, this site is cheapest around http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-360

FHFC wrote: »
    I know it's bad timing to ask but ive a young fella hounding me. Some of ye posted a link in this thread last year about getting an xbox live sub for less than the direct price from Microsoft. Link doesnt seem to work any more. Know nothing about this.

Could anyone explain how that works and point me in the right direction?

I'd imagine you will have more luck asking in the gaming forum I don't use that area but there might even be an xbox forum to try.

Unreal Ashes series can't ever remember a test like this one.

Websites buy the codes in bulk and sell them on the cheap for anything up to 50% of the ms price. I haven't bought one in a couple of years but used to get them from here....http://www.electronicfirst.com/cheap-xbox-live-codes/12-month-gold-membership-subscription/

Maybe check out the xbox forum?

Another site I've used...http://www.gamepointsnow.com/codes/Xbox-Live-13-Month-Gold-Membership-%28Includes-Halo-4-Emblem%29

Edit : according to the xbox forum, this site is cheapest around http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-360

Many thanks mate.
    jimmii wrote: »
    I'd imagine you will have more luck asking in the gaming forum I don't use that area but there might even be an xbox forum to try.

Pah. Other forums!! Everything you'll even need is on FSA. I'm nearing 5,000 posts on boards.ie, all of them on this forum! :o

Pah. Other forums!! Everything you'll even need is on FSA. I'm nearing 5,000 posts on boards.ie, all of them on this forum! :o

Thats crazy never seen anyones posting profile like that before!! Have you never even been tempted to dabble elsewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Many thanks mate.

I was pointed toward cdkeys 2 years ago
    Haven't looked back !
    More than half the price

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭Invincible

Come on Waterford!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

It's not Dublin today...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Shane Lowry leading the WGC, teeing off on the 10th now

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

PARlance wrote: »
    Shane Lowry leading the WGC, teeing off on the 10th now

Just need to keep Bubba quiet. It's going to a cracking 2 hours though hopefully :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Shane Lowry!! Legend

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Sean Lowry!! Legend

Fyp. :P

F1ngers wrote: »
    Fyp. :P

I swear I put Shane!! I remember seeing Shan and I assume I fixed that! Mustve been autocorrect :P I'm not that much of an idiot I swear :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

stephenl15 wrote: »
    I swear I put Shane!! I remember seeing Shan and I assume I fixed that! Mustve been autocorrect :P I'm not that much of an idiot I swear :)

You did put Shane.
    The course announcer said Sean Lowry as he walked onto the 18th.

F1ngers wrote: »
    You did put Shane.
    The course announcer said Sean Lowry as he walked onto the 18th.

Haha ahhhh sorry my bad :P I see what you did there :D

Yesssssss. Hard luck csf. Fpl be dammed!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Yesssssss. Hard luck csf. Fpl be dammed!

He was so afraid he hid out in Birmingham last night

• Advertisement

Depressed off my brains from Fantasy this week >:( So thankfully I booked flights and accommodation to Vegas for McGregor Aldo December 12th :D

Advertisement