Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA "off topic" thread - No discussion relating to FSA or Soccer - please read post 1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

KevIRL wrote:
    Japan!

If every game is like this we're I'm for one hell of a world cup!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

spock. wrote: »
    If every game is like this we're I'm for one hell of a world cup!

I can't believe we'll get as close to seeing such a big upset but if they are as entertaining its going to be one hell of a tourney!! +44.5 on Japan on the H'cap thats insane!!

Come on Japan!!!

OMGGGGGGGG!!!! INCREDIBLE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Is that one of the biggest shocks ever in rugby?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Biggest shock in the history of the world cup right there

Lemlin wrote: »
    Is that one of the biggest shocks ever in rugby?

One of the biggest shocks in sport in a long time. Its not just a big shock its an incredibly unbelievable shock kind of luck when USA beat England in the 50s sort of thing! If SA won by 20 points it would have been a good result for Japan.

If West Ham scored another 4 it wouldn't be a bigger surprise!

Huge result for the next WC as well.

KevIRL wrote: »
    Huge result for the next WC as well.

Absolutely. That one result should have a big impact on it over there. Seems crazy that it wasn't that long ago that they were routinely losing by 70+ points!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Wow.

I care not one jot about FPL for the rest of the day. Greatest sporting upset of all time? No hyperbole.

What courage to turn down the draw and get the try in the final play.

Just wow :)

Wow.

I care not one jot about FPL for the rest of the day. Greatest sporting upset of all time? No hyperbole.

What courage to turn down the draw and get the try in the final play.

Just wow :)

I can't think of much that comes close in recent times. Today was certainly something special. Its like San Marino going and some how qualifying to the next World Cup and then ending up beating France or Brazil!

I guess Greece winning the Euros would be in the running purely because they ended up winning a whole tournament as opposed to just one huge match upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

jimmii wrote: »
    I can't think of much that comes close in recent times. Today was certainly something special. Its like San Marino going and some how qualifying to the next World Cup and then ending up beating France or Brazil!

I guess Greece winning the Euros would be in the running purely because they ended up winning a whole tournament as opposed to just one huge match upset.

Montpellier winning ligue 1 back in 2012 :p. Though not international level.

Yeah Greece. But their playing was ugly. While Japan was soooo exciting!

Also we can't really compare. With a good coach and disciplined players, it's really possible to get results in football playing defensively, frustrating your opponents and punishing them from counterattacks. While, it's almost impossible in rugby. If you defend too much you're so liable to commit fouls and give away penalties...
    This afternoon result was a real huge upset. You/we have to bear in mind these players almost never got/get to face premium oppositions in between WC. I mean even Georgia has many players in the top European leagues. Was an eye-opening performance from Japan. They just showed they deserved to get the organisation of the next WC and will be competitive in it. Such progress when 20 years ago they lost 145-17 to New Zealand !!!

Yeh in football you can get away with just sitting back and holding out for 1-0 good luck doing that in rugby! It really was something else!

Jaysis an Argentina win here would shake things up a lot! Long way to go still mind

• Registered Users Posts: 21,122 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I see the All Blacks have blacked out their boots. I was wondering when they would go down that route.

Apparently the All Black kit gives a little advantage in terms of making it more difficult for opposing players to judge the body movements, in particular the hips... Sounds like horse sh1te I know, but remember seeing a former Kiwi coach talking about it on some program... they did a few scientific tests on it as part of the program. Reactions to changes of direction by defenders to players wearing different colour shorts were better.

Any tech heads here? I'm starting a new job in a couple of months and I can work from home a bit. Only laptop I have is seven years old and is one of these:

http://www.toshiba.ie/discontinued-products/equium-p200-1ir/

Would it be easy to upgrade or should I just buy something new?

Buy something new. Decent laptops are cheap as chips these days compared to a few years back. Daresay cheaper to get new than upgrade.

The only disadvantage is I find the newer OS frustrating as hell...windows 8 that is, haven't used 10 yet.

Any recommendations for something new? Wouldn't mind something small enough for < €500 or so as will be bringing on the train some days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Any recommendations for something new? Wouldn't mind something small enough for < €500 or so as will be bringing on the train some days.

I'll have a look online in the morning.

Buying online will be a lot better value compared to the shops (Curry's,PC World and Harvey Norman)

What will you be using mostly on it?

• Advertisement

I'll have a look online in the morning.

Buying online will be a lot better value compared to the shops (Curry's,PC World and Harvey Norman)

What will you be using mostly on it?

Thanks.

Nothing too taxing tbh. It'll just mainly be Office and an internet explorer based claims system.

Thanks.

Nothing too taxing tbh. It'll just mainly be Office and an internet explorer based claims system.

You'll get something decent for your budget anyway. I can sort you out with Microsoft office and Football manager 2015 if you like :P

You'll get something decent for your budget anyway. I can sort you out with Microsoft office and Football manager 2015 if you like :P

That would be greatly appreciated. FM would be something for the train in the mornings!

That would be greatly appreciated. FM would be something for the train in the mornings!

Came across this on Amazon.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00S6DPAGM/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?qid=1442827907&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX110_SY165&keywords=lenovo+laptop&dpPl=1&dpID=41XRVDCtO0L&ref=plSrch

Should do the job for you. Lenovo are a decent brand. Just saw your other thread about this so feel free to post the above link in there and see what they make of it!

Seeing as I've mentioned it, anyone that's looking for Football Manager 2015, send me a PM and I'll sort you :)

Came across this on Amazon.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00S6DPAGM/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?qid=1442827907&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX110_SY165&keywords=lenovo+laptop&dpPl=1&dpID=41XRVDCtO0L&ref=plSrch

Should do the job for you. Lenovo are a decent brand. Just saw your other thread about this so feel free to post the above link in there and see what they make of it!

Thanks lad. You working in I.T.?

Thanks lad. You working in I.T.?

I'm a 3rd year student studying Electronics in College :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Just setting out to drive from Letterkenny to Killarney. Wave at me if i pass ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    Just setting out to drive from Letterkenny to Killarney. Wave at me if i pass ye!

Martial will be 8.6 by the time you get there.

• Advertisement

Anyone looking for FIFA 16, some Supervalu stores are selling it for as low as €33.49 on PS4 if you have a Rewards Card. I got it myself this morning.

Advertisement