Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA "off topic" thread - No discussion relating to FSA or Soccer - please read post 1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Cheers folks. Wouldn't be into weed and all that craic, I'd more interested in the beer.

Though, it would be rude to not visit the red light district on my first trip to Amsterdam. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Nib wrote: »
    Cheers folks. Wouldn't be into weed and all that craic, I'd more interested in the beer.

Though, it would be rude to not visit the red light district on my first trip to Amsterdam. :pac:

I was there for one night with the family before a long haul flight. Looked a pretty cool place to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭Invincible

Where's this TV3 HD that they speak of?
    All I see is 576i

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Problem is that once you get off the main train station in city centre, the sleazy areas are nearby so people sometimes think this is it. Nice areas take a bit of looking for but they are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Anyone ever been to Amsterdam? Heading there on Friday for four days. Don't know what to expect.

I lived in Netherlands for some time, always loved it.

Amsterdam is a beautiful city. Red Lights districts and coffee shops are just small part of bigger picture.

What you visit depends on what your priorities are, but there is something for everyone really.

I personally liked the whole "picture" with museums, canals, bicycles and bridges mixed up with shady guys selling on the streets / train stations and stoned / drunk people looking for fun all over the place.

Strange, but beautiful place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Worth a mention in this thread as a consequence of busts thinking he'd like a new handle on another thread.
    'where did you get your username'? Most are self explanatory but some are quite interesting and it'd be nice to know the reasons.
    Mine is one of the obvious ones, my kids used to watch Dora a lot and I always pretended that Swiper was my favourite character, while I was registering Dora was on in the background and the inspiration just came.
    I do like my name though, for Dora aficionados Swiper is just the right mixture of rogue with a heart of gold.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Dora is just being discovered in our house... we don't like you Swiper!

My name was supposed to be a witty play on words around Golf (Par) and the fact that it was all I ever talked about on boards... at the time obviously. Now it's just a poncy sounding name that annoys me... I had instant regret once I changed it.

Might change it to FSAfreddie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

PARlance wrote: »
    Dora is just being discovered in our house... we don't like you Swiper!

My name was supposed to be a witty play on words around Golf (Par) and the fact that it was all I ever talked about on boards... at the time obviously. Now it's just a poncy sounding name that annoys me... I had instant regret once I changed it.

Might change it to FSAfreddie :)

You can change your Boards handle????

this-changes-everything-thumb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

You can change your Boards handle????

this-changes-everything-thumb.jpg

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/payments.php You need to sign up there for a fiver and you'll be able to request the change is a special thread for subscribers.

PARlance wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/payments.php You need to sign up there for a fiver and you'll be able to request the change is a special thread for subscribers.

Ahh... you have to pay to change! Meh... i'd rather a pint :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Ahh... you have to pay to change! Meh... i'd rather a pint :)

Likewise. :)

Mine arises from laziness and not thinking I'd actually be posting here much!! I long ago gave up on Internet forums and wasting my time arguing with, usually annoying, strangers.

I found this place pretty much exactly 2 years ago while searching for resources to help me nake sense of this FPL craic for the first time. Wanted to ask a couple of questions so i had to register (i had a boards account from years ago but couldnt be arsed recovering the password etc) and just stuck in the initials of the greatest football club in the world as a placeholder.

5,500 posts later (all on FSA) and I'm kinda stuck with it. Mr T woulda been my historic online persona but not worth a fiver for old times sake plus the confusion.

It says it all about this site that someone who hates the bullsht and pettiness of Internet forums has become a regular and a posting freak.

Edit: My first post....awwww http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86322505&postcount=201 Its about team value funny enough!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Its after a nickname we had for a lad in college. He reads this board!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Mine came from years of wearing a baseball hat (8+ years) 24/7 due to a skin condition on my scalp called Psosrasis

My dad started calling me "The Hat" as a nickname so modified it to Dahat for forum use across a few places

I couldn't get a username that wasn't taken, as I was driving a Hilux Invincible at the time, so that's where username came from :)

I can't think who Jax Teller transformed into here?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Invincible wrote: »
    I couldn't get a username that wasn't taken, as I was driving a Hilux Invincible at the time, so that's where username came from :)

I can't think who Jax Teller transformed into here?

Lucas Hood I think.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Lucas Hood I think.

That's it exactly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

I don't know where mine came from :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Lemlin wrote: »
    Lucas Hood I think.

Thats Sheriff Hood to you.

All my usernames have been after tv/movie characters.
    Keyser soze (usual suspects)
    Cole trickle ( Days of Thunder)
    Jax Teller ( sons of anarchy)
    Lucas hood (banshee)

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/quiz-8bit/quiz-8-bit.shtml#uk-tw-po

This is good. Got 100% on teams but stuck on 57% on players.

Thats tough

im stuck at Teams: 91% | Players: 44%

who the **** is second in from the left second row??? Its defo not leeds anyway i've tried at least 50 times :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Thats tough

im stuck at Teams: 91% | Players: 44%

who the **** is second in from the left second row??? Its defo not leeds anyway i've tried at least 50 times :D:D:D:D

Dynamo Kiev.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/quiz-8bit/quiz-8-bit.shtml#uk-tw-po

This is good. Got 100% on teams but stuck on 57% on players.
    Yeah it's good but some choices are bizarre (
    Newcastle :eek: :confused:..., Inter, Bayer, Borussia & PSV chosen player
    ).

Managed to finish it with a little research. Was initially stuck on 91% team (
    couldn't remember CSKA colours
    ) and about 75% players.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

94 team 75 players. Can someone confirm that
    Benfica is NOT Aimar and leverkusen is not Ballack
    ? :P

Not Aimar or Ballack.

Clue:
    Both played in the EPL.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

BBC are live streaming a Turing Test starts at 1pm. We're totally not FPL stats geeks on this forum just thought I would put this here in case some nerds happened to walk buy. I'm totally not watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Tonga and Georgia on at the moment is good fun. Some absolute tanks on both teams!

Tonga and Georgia on at the moment is good fun. Some absolute tanks on both teams!

Was just reading on the BBC that the average weight of the Welsh backs this year is likely to be heavier than the average weight of the All Black forwards from 87. Pretty crazy how much the game has changed in that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Georgia leading 10-3 with a try from the former Montpellier man Gorgodzilla :cool:!

And a controversial disallowed try from Ma'Afu. He's one of my FantasyRugger sub. Good lad. Go on like that and you'll get a Round 3 start :cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Japan!

• Advertisement

KevIRL wrote: »
    Japan!

Certainly didn't see this coming unreal! Thought that SA must surely pull ahead after that last try! Very straight forward try to allow them to get back there they will be disappointed with that.

Advertisement