Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA "off topic" thread - No discussion relating to FSA or Soccer - please read post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Just in Ireland? Im in Saudi and get a free flight home per year. Saudi Labor Law means all employees get a minimum of 2 weeks wages per year end of service award when they finish their contract. However Ive just found out that the law was changed recently to say if you resign within the 5 years, you only get a third of your end of service award.

So now instead of getting a months end of service bonus when I leave in March (after 2 years) I'll only be getting a third of it, which is bollox. Females get a food allowance each month.

We're a worldwide company but this is just for our two ROI and two NI offices.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Living in Malta we get 2 free 300euro flights per year. Hr also do deals with local gyms, cafes, clothes shops, hotels etc to get discounts for all staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Phone hunting lads and looking for one in around 250 tops, limited i know but i am still fuzzled.

S3 Mini, Sony Xperia L are ones i have looked at but looking at second hand as well but wary buying that way but if i could get a Nexus 4 i would probably chance it..

Any suggestions on other devices? PAYG no bill phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

dahat wrote: »
    Phone hunting lads and looking for one in around 250 tops, limited i know but i am still fuzzled.

S3 Mini, Sony Xperia L are ones i have looked at but looking at second hand as well but wary buying that way but if i could get a Nexus 4 i would probably chance it..

Go bill... best thing i ever done a few months ago! It will save you in the long run believe me! Get a free top model phone and a decent plan and put the 250 down on your account for your bill for the next few months! Vodafone RED and 3's 40e a month plan are both really good!

Go bill... best thing i ever done a few months ago! It will save you in the long run believe me! Get a free top model phone and a decent plan and put the 250 down on your account for your bill for the next few months! Vodafone RED and 3's 40e a month plan are both really good!

Bill is out for one or two reason's, mid range handset is all i need, i only put in 10e a month on a 1GB add on for app and social media use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,533 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Gotta be a nexus 4 to be honest

Bill is out for one or two reason's, mid range handset is all i need, i only put in 10e a month on a 1GB add on for app and social media use.

Second hand iPhone 4S? I broke my one last January and got a second hand one on Adverts back then for €250.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Reminds me when I was over in Vietnam earlier in the year and my phone slipped into a tank of water for hand washing purposes at a street vendor's dark alleyway toilets. Was using the phone as a torch and didn't put it back in my pocket properly.

Anyway the phone was a right-off and didn't smell exactly like water either (:eek:) which lead to a trip to the phone shop. I was all set to buy what was probably the world's cheapest phone for about a fiver (absolute bargain with phonecalls, texting AND calculator functionality) when one of my friends pointed out that it wouldn't work outside Vietnam and for the sake of 3 weeks was a totally pointless purchase. From what we could piece together it was the sales assistant's first or second day and was going to be one of her first sales and she genuinely seemed pretty excited to make the deal and I'm just like "sorry, it doesn't actually make sense to buy it" and walk out the door.

All we could hear were the guys working in the shop pissing themselves laughing at her as we left. The look of bewilderment crossed with sadness is something I'll never forget. It was then that I realised just how much of a b@stard Mr.Prodston must have looked from her point of view :pac:

Long story short: don't buy a cheap phone in Vietnam.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭narfsnonsense

18 or 24 months contracts most of them now. Was sickening to still pay a 50 euro bill for 10 months after Id left Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

The phone isn't free, you're paying for it over the life of the contract.
    Try losing your phone and you'll find out it isn't free, or try to break the contract and you find it isn't free.
    I'm coming to the end of my contract and the upgrades, while reduced, aren't free. iPhone 5 is still €200 and another 18 months by the balls.

Depending on usage, bill may be cheaper in the long run... But very seldom IMO.
    The ARPU (average revenue per user) for a bill pay customer is about twice that of a prepaid. Bill payers average about €40 spend per month, prepaid about €18.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Check out the Chinese Android Phones thread in the Android Forum . You'll get a great phone with that budget.

I'm on 3 pay as you go . 20 euro for all the calls ,texts & data I can use.

Insurance for phones is a rip off as well. €10 to €15 a month. That's a joke.

And then some have excesses of €75 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

yay snow!

Rikand wrote: »
    yay snow!

None for Cavan yet. I was hoping for some because Cavan was mentioned in the weather reports but all we had was a light dusting.

I've a ten minute commute to work so braving the elements isn't a problem.

I hear some areas like Derry are covered.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Check out the Chinese Android Phones thread in the Android Forum . You'll get a great phone with that budget.

I'm on 3 pay as you go . 20 euro for all the calls ,texts & data I can use.

Quick scan through leads me to this phone for a rough cost of 220 with a spare battery and odds and ends..

http://www.mixeshop.com/neo-n003-mtk6589t-quad-core-5inch-fhd-1080p-screen-android-42-2gb-ram-32gb-rom-3g-gps-130mp-3000mah-battery-smartphone_p2838.html

Go Gibraltar. Unbeaten in International football

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

KevIRL wrote: »
    Go Gibraltar. Unbeaten in International football

There won't be a cow milked there this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Cracking result, I'm working in London for the week otherwise I would have been at the game!

Hello to about 7 years of my life...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

just finished the 4th series of dexter last night. Great series and what an ending. Are series 5-8 as good as the first 4?

• Advertisement

Nope. Stop now. Season 4 is the end of the good stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

KevIRL wrote: »
    Nope. Stop now. Season 4 is the end of the good stuff

really thats a shame Im sort of sucked in now.

Anybody get an Xbox One or have a PS4 ordered?

I only remembered Xbox One was out yesterday when a friend put up a picture of their new one on Facebook last night. Thought I might look into getting one or the other (haven't really looked into the two so unsure which) and rang Gamestop in Cavan earlier.

They laughed when I asked if they have any Xboxs left. Said that they could get me one by the 15th or perhaps the 19th if I ordered today. When I asked about the PS4, they laughed even louder and said not a hope of getting one by Xmas.

I'm not too pushed on either so will look into the two machines. I haven't much time for games anyway. I hear the Xbox is more of an all round system whereas the PS4 is just for games mainly?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

really thats a shame Im sort of sucked in now.

I personally loved all of Dexter.

Except for the last season. I will never forgive them for that.

The only thing that was worse than the last season was the last episode.

My blood boils...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

just finished the 4th series of dexter last night. Great series and what an ending. Are series 5-8 as good as the first 4?

Yeah, goes to hell after that. I even thought Season 4 was a bit silly at times but some great moments and some ending. Stuck it out till S6 and regretted it.

Just started homeland, 3 episodes in and sick of Claire Daines big time already. Dunno if we'll last it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

FHFC wrote: »
    Yeah, goes to hell after that. I even thought Season 4 was a bit silly at times but some great moments and some ending. Stuck it out till S6 and regretted it.

Just started homeland, 3 episodes in and sick of Claire Daines big time already. Dunno if we'll last it out.

I thought Season 5 and 7 were ok-ish but loved season 4. I thought it was one of the best season's of tv. The first season of Homeland is good and worth the watch but they should have kept it as a one season wonder. I've given up on season 3 though.

I'm up to season 6 in Sons of Anarchy myself just a couple episodes in so nearly up to date and I'm glad I stuck with it even if it's far from perfect. Will be looking for a new show in a week or 2.

Rain in Brisbane, the one night I could stay up to watch a decent bit of cricket, feck it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Toy Show next Friday. Will anyone watch it?

I most likely will, 26 year old child. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

BNMC wrote: »
    Toy Show next Friday. Will anyone watch it?

I most likely will, 26 year old child. :o

I won't be unless it's on in the pub..

Going on a pub crawl for my birthday next Friday! :D

4 pubs in my local town

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Danger781 wrote: »
    I won't be unless it's on in the pub..

Going on a pub crawl for my birthday next Friday! :D

4 pubs in my local town
    A pub for every 10 years is it? :pac:

Advertisement