Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Can you not find them pretty easily in the server searches - set game type to rush?

I'll see can I figure that out later cheers. But would that not mean all the games should be empty?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Just set it to rush and it will tell you how many are in each server

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Played a good bit tonight. It was night ops on zavod, I reckon it was one of the most fun rounds I've had with bf4 since I got it. Really adds to the tension seeing laser sights and flashlights bobbing around. I did wreck with my lmg and flir scope. Really really good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Try flir, bipod, heavy barrel, yea you will spend you're time mostly prone but will put up a good defense. Especially on a map like zavod. My best lmg is the type 95b1.

I dont know whether it was the break that did it or what, but to me the game feels great at the moment, had some great rounds of conquest over the weekend and looking forward to playing more and more of it, not bad going for a 2 year old game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

BFBC2 Arica Harbor - Rush mode :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Lord Nikon wrote: »
    BFBC2 Arica Harbor - Rush mode :)

Amazing map!

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Amazing map!

Could play it all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Could play it all day.

I remember that one, large containers?

Approaching from a height down to the dock?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,070 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Nedved85 wrote: »
    I remember that one, large containers?

Approaching from a height down to the dock?

That's the one. Nice variety in terrain, and a believable progression as the attack moved from the approach road through the town to the railhead.

• Advertisement

Tried installing Bad Company2 last night, looks like update files are unavailable. Turned of my pc when, went to bed. Have the makers removed update files from the Net?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Tried installing Bad Company2 last night, looks like update files are unavailable. Turned of my pc when, went to bed. Have the makers removed update files from the Net?

It's on steam. You can activate your game on steam https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5414-TFBN-1352
    And it will automatically update to the latest version

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The CD key on it should activate in origin.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Hope you got it working. It's such a fantastic game.

I've noticed that the pc game will let you play Vietnam even if you haven't bought it. Just select a Vietnam map from the server browser and it works fine

Akrasia wrote: »
    Hope you got it working. It's such a fantastic game.

I've noticed that the pc game will let you play Vietnam even if you haven't bought it. Just select a Vietnam map from the server browser and it works fine

There must have been some multiplayer update in the Vietnam add on, bc2 was free on Xbox games with gold a while back and you had to download the Vietnam add on to play online. Maybe they've made it free to all

One welcome change from the last patch has been the pilot helicopter rockets efficiency.

I swear I couldn't kill infantry at all with either of the rockets.
    I seemed to suffer more than most in that regard but the rockets are so much better now that it wasn't just me entirely.

I like how they reversed the grenade resupply time, was too long and upping the respawn rate of C4 makes spamming it harder.

The gunner incendiary is a massive addition now.
    Had to switch it back on myself seeing others use it.
    It was pretty useless before, though it seems if the guy gets right up on the tank you cant hit him with it.

Finally capped out last week.

Didn't even know there was a cap until i reached it.

920 hours or so of gameplay and still playing it regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭tigger123

Have been going back to BF4 in the last few days after a few months away and really enjoying it.

The only problem though is that whenever I want to find a full server I end up going to the Year 1 Maps ... kinda begs the question of why I shelled out 50 quid for the Premium experience???

Not sure I'd bother with the Premium/Season Pass stuff in the future.

Thoughts?

We've given up trying to play anything other than the day 1 maps, I'd say I got my monies worth but it's a pity everyone can't access them

There's always one or two in group who doesn't have premium so it's pointless

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭nathan99

Hey, is there any one here on xbox one that would squad up in the attack chopper with me? it can be pretty effective and fun to fly if any one is interested.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Still thousands of servers running both vanilla and DLC maps on PC, you guys on console or what that you kind find dlc games?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭ShakerMaker91

been playing a lot of Battlefield 4 since I got it last week currently at level 15 it's nice to be back playing it had it for the 360... one thing I would say is its been a bit tough coming off the newbie servers on PS4 as I've been put into conquest servers with lads nearly all level 100+ most of the time which can be a bit challenging!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

been playing a lot of Battlefield 4 since I got it last week currently at level 15 it's nice to be back playing it had it for the 360... one thing I would say is its been a bit tough coming off the newbie servers on PS4 as I've been put into conquest servers with lads nearly all level 100+ most of the time which can be a bit challenging!

What's your PSN id? There's a few of us that'd be on regularly enough, you can always hop into a squad with us if you want.
    I honestly wouldn't worry about other guys levels though, I've seen plenty of 140s that are useless. The game has been out for over 2 years so a lot of players are Level 140 through sheer attrition, not ability.

What's your PSN id? There's a few of us that'd be on regularly enough, you can always hop into a squad with us if you want.
    I honestly wouldn't worry about other guys levels though, I've seen plenty of 140s that are useless. The game has been out for over 2 years so a lot of players are Level 140 through sheer attrition, not ability.

True.

Like I'm usually challenging for MVP but I always seem to lose those quick draw shoot outs in CQC.
    Everyone has their weaknesses and this is compounded by the load out options ie my 4x scope on a DMR is going to lose in CQC but I can pick people off over distance.

True.

Like I'm usually challenging for MVP but I always seem to lose those quick draw shoot outs in CQC.
    Everyone has their weaknesses and this is compounded by the load out options ie my 4x scope on a DMR is going to lose in CQC but I can pick people off over distance.

I'd be much more worried about an organised Squad of lvl 30s than the odd 140 guy running around. From the 3 or 4 of us that'd play regularly, we'd normally have at least 1 of us pushing for MVP and it's fairly common to pick up the Ace Squad Ribbon. Sounds obvious, but even basic communication can have a huge effect on the outcome of the whole round. Far too many players stay quiet unfortunately.

Yeah I tend to be a touch too aggressive around the flags, stupidly aggressive at times. Depends on the situation though, there's no point pushing needlessly and getting squad wiped, only to let the enemy team push through and re-establish themselves. If we're losing however, I'll just constantly throw myself at the flag, get in their faces and cause panic. Try take as many as I can before they drop me. Could be something as simple as killing 1 guy and stopping his squad respawning that causes the whole flank to collapse and let you in.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭ShakerMaker91

anyone hear anything about some form of an announcement from EA or Dice about Battlefield 5 this week or next week??

anyone hear anything about some form of an announcement from EA or Dice about Battlefield 5 this week or next week??

Lots of rumours and speculation but nothing concrete as far as I know. A February/March announcement would keep with their schedule of late(BF3 & BF4) but bear in mind that DICE won't be at E3 this year so that could delay the need to put out any info. Again, all speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Can they hold off for another few months while the community settles down a bit. We can't afford another mass migration like with the hardline saga that was a flop mostly though. So the numbers didn't suffer too much. I hope bf5 is ****e after all the work gone into bf4 to make it what it is. It's not perfect and still has it minor bugs but it's as good as it's gonna be. I think most people are satisfied with it at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭EoinHef

BF5 would have to be a fairly big change in direction from DICE for me at this point. I think the games have got worse since Bad Company 2. 3 was good but 4 was just such as disaster with the launch state,bugs,bad map design for certain game modes etc,i mean they destroyed rush as a game mode ffs. While they have undoubtedly made it better all that came too late for me and i had already moved on after nearly 300hrs in the first few months of the game.

So yeah if that change doesnt happen and its more of the same with just better "netcode" im out. Ill be sticking to Arma for tactical shooter. I really hope they can pull something out of the bag but i just cant see it happening.

• Advertisement

Can't wait for bf5, bf4 is incredible! I hope it doesn't take too long for it to be fully working. No game seems to be finished ok launch these days, load if ****e

Advertisement