Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah, I started laughing in the office when that bit came on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

New community map out and its as **** as the rest of the maps in the game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

Dcully wrote: »
    New community map out and its as **** as the rest of the maps in the game.

This the jungle one?

Yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I had a look at the new map while in cte, it's good now in the final release but was hoping for more hills to make it like Songhua stalemate in bf2. I do like a lot of the other changes made to balance things out weapons and vehicles. The patch release notes are here in pdf has there so long:

https://eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/dice-commerce/battlefield4/assets/patch_notes/Patchnotes_FallPatch_EN.pdf

• Advertisement

Dice hosted a special event yesterday on cte.

Y5H1jk5.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭tigger123

Is the new jungle map available now?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

tigger123 wrote: »
    Is the new jungle map available now?

Operation Outbreak is now available yeah :)

Yep and it's great, worth the download.

Cheers, havent played BF4 for a while, will def give it a download :)

• Advertisement

Is Outbreak available through the PS store?! I can't see it.

tigger123 wrote: »
    Is Outbreak available through the PS store?! I can't see it.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/battlefield-4-community-operations/cid=UP0006-CUSA00110_00-XPACK06000000000

Also try battlefield in game store in main menu.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Cheers man, have it downloading now! :D

New map isnt great,isnt bad either.
    Overall the game on 60hz servers is a lot closer to what we thought we were going to be playing 2 years ago.
    I wouldnt go anywhere near standard 30hz servers after playing 60hz servers, totally transforms the game.

I know some wouldn't agree as it would take away on of the elements of the package(land, sea and air) but id prefer if they just removed jets at this point.

Sick of being jet rammed in the helicopters and the maps just aren't big enough to support jet play.

I like the idea of jets, even as someone with barely a kill in them, but they're mainly just a hindrance (used to get on roofs by snipers, ppl just ram, ppl slow down to 5 mph and kill you in the heli)

Kind of sounds like you don't like being interferred with in the choppy.

Kamikaze was a valid tactic in world war 2 and its a valid tactic / trolling / taxi / team killing method in BF4 IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Jet ramming to me reeks of someone who doesn't have enough skill to shoot you down so just rams you instead.

Happened me plenty of times. I know some of it is just error but not all of them.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Jet ramming to me reeks of someone who doesn't have enough skill to shoot you down so just rams you instead.

Happened me plenty of times. I know some of it is just error but not all of them.

I do actually think alot of the times its by accident when there is a dog fight going on

I don't fly jets or Helicopters but it still irritates me so much, especially on Rogue Transmission, when you see snipers bailing out of jets and heli's just to get high up. Times like that I wish I could TK people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I've been cleaning up for the last few days shooting down helicopters in Hardcore Conquest, the lack of a mini map really helps you out I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

so the last number of weeks I started playing again and I thought to myself... why to I bother? I got really bored after a few games.
    Granted I play solo for the most and it might be completely different if playing with a group of lads who know what they are doing. I've not seen that PC tread updated since xxx knows when.

Anyone interested in actually getting together for a few games? Im... ok. I'm not great but I can hold my own. Most times... Unless I'm drunk..
    At teh same time - I'm not looking to play with score crazy kids.

If you want a bit of craic the odd time - nothing insane - games might get recorded for a laugh etc.... gimmie a shout. Origin is Noxtehnib. Imma be rocking the battlefront when its out too so same for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Looks good and its free.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I've just bought a PS4 and was wondering if BF4 is worth the investment now? Standard game is cheap but I assume I'd need Premium to get the most out of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Anyone use Dragon's Teeth DLC? Looking for a good cqb map and want a shield as well for Locker games.

Just wondering if it's worth the 15 quid for it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Anyone use Dragon's Teeth DLC? Looking for a good cqb map and want a shield as well for Locker games.

Just wondering if it's worth the 15 quid for it

Yes, it's probably the best DLC.

The shield is shíte unless you find a shield only server :pac:. The dragons teeth is a good enough map pack just go premium and get them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

AdMMM wrote: »
    I've just bought a PS4 and was wondering if BF4 is worth the investment now? Standard game is cheap but I assume I'd need Premium to get the most out of it?

I'd say if you're only getting it now the standard game should be enough. Most servers I play on are from the standard game and unless I specify a dlc server I rarely see premium maps being used. It's still a great game without all the dlc.

AdMMM wrote:

The latest maps are free and are decent. 2 community ones so far with 2 more to go I think.

I have all the DLC and almost always play on the vanilla maps. I agree you will be fine without premium.

You could also get EA Access, that's 25 a year and you would have access to BF4, Hardline, Titanfall, and a rake of other games as well.

• Advertisement

Hal1 wrote: »
    The shield is shíte unless you find a shield only server :pac:. The dragons teeth is a good enough map pack just go premium and get them all.

The only viable tactic I could see for the shield would be for the two CQC maps(Locker/Metro) but more so the team attacking up the stairs on Metro.

Would take a lot of co-ordination though and good luck but if a few men wide used shields to punch a hole and get a group up into an attacking area.

Probably one more for competitive team play.

Advertisement