Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    It's good craic with the Mav too remotely detonating explosives as fellas lay them down :D

I watched a video of Jack Fraggs messing with one before, it looked like good fun alright. I haven't got one unlocked yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    It's good craic with the Mav too remotely detonating explosives as fellas lay them down :D
    One of my favourite things to do :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Only problem with MAV killing is it can get quite boring. Can be long periods between kills where you're just floating around spotting.
    That said, it is extremely satisfying when you do get those kills :)
    Still such a handy tool for the sniper. Shame most people don't use it right. Excellent for quick spotting anything close by you while you're in cover, then popping out to blow their head off when they didn't expect it. Can lead to some epic chat rages of and wall hack accusations.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Final stand free to play for a limited time. It has some good maps imo.

https://www.origin.com/en-ie/store/buy/battlefield-4/pc-download/addon/battlefield-4-final-stand

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Mule_IRE

Hi,

Check out our server on BF4 PS4 "Da Branch Ireland!!! Hardcore"

Up and running now, all welcome!

• Advertisement

Some craic terrorising chopper whores in a rented server with a few of the lads last night. Right up until they kicked and banned us for keeping the skys chopper free!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Some craic terrorising chopper whores in a rented server with a few of the lads last night. Right up until they kicked and banned us for keeping the skys chopper free!

Ah, love trolling servers like that. Was playing Operation Locker last night and I was placing claymores everywhere around C and D to stop enemies taking anything over there. Managed to piss off one of the admins who got killed by my claymore 4 times and he kicked me because claymores aren't allowed.. This was no rules server.....

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Ah, love trolling servers like that. Was playing Operation Locker last night and I was placing claymores everywhere around C and D to stop enemies taking anything over there. Managed to piss off one of the admins who got killed by my claymore 4 times and he kicked me because claymores aren't allowed.. This was no rules server.....
    Rules in war? It's madness isn't it?!
    Fair enough, treat POWs and civilians well but that doesn't really matter in BF4.
    It's nearly always chopper whores that like all these rules, they can rain down fire onto you but don't you dare fire back.... Yeah right!

M249, what is it like? Have to do the campaign if I want it. Don't fancy doing it again on the PC as I've done it before on Xbox. Is it better than MG4?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    M249, what is it like? Have to do the campaign if I want it. Don't fancy doing it again on the PC as I've done it before on Xbox. Is it better than MG4?

You only have to do the last mission again to get it, 10-15 mins max and it's yours. Not the worst gun, reasonably stable.

• Advertisement

Tazzimus wrote: »
    You only have to do the last mission again to get it, 10-15 mins max and it's yours. Not the worst gun, reasonably stable.

Don't think you can choose what mission to do? Haven't even bothered looking at campaign yet but if it's alright, I might pass.

It allows you to replay any mission. I did to get all the dog tags :D.

Hal1 wrote: »
    It allows you to replay any mission. I did to get all the dog tags :D.

Oh right, well I might have a go at it tomorrow!

If you complete the single player back when it was first released you'll probably need to reply the whole game. Battlelog was f-ing up back then and resetting saves.
    I did at least as I only decided to unlock the M249 about a month ago.
    That said, I cleared the entire single player in about 4 hours. Very easy to do. Just forget tactics and blast your way through everything.
    I even spent the time this round getting all tags and weapons and still had it done in about 4 hours. If you skip all that it'll be quicker again.

Gun itself - first time I played I ended up in locker at the very end of a round. Spawned in, insta gunned down 5 or 6 people and the round ended. Not sure if I actually used it again since but it did seem like a pretty stable gun. Fairly sure I was running with only a sight attached.

Got so fupping annoyed today. It's a been a few weeks since I've played. Moreso.
    Decided I'll start back. Have a few games knowing I'll be rubbish but gotta warm up none the less.

First server - obvious hacker is obvious. Everyone calling it. Instantly left.
    Next server - A Celts server - Obvious hacker is obvious. Everyone calling it. Dude never kicked. I spectate him. Fupping hilarious. That whole vibration while running thing going on. I tell him I'm spectating. He says he knows. Admits to hacking. Offers link to free hacks. No thanks. I end up chatting to him a bit taking the piss.
    Eventually copped to ask how long the free accounts are for.. He says a week. A ****ING WEEK? WTF??? 24 hours of actual play time is more than enough to decide if you like the damn game enough to buy it or not. What in the seven hells are they thinking? Was furious. Not at the hacker, but at the free game time he's given.
    I think I'm done with BF4. I've struggled to play lately anyway for various reason. Overall I really love the game but this ****e is just offputting. I'll probably dick about in other games until the BF1 beta etc..

Has anyone else seen a serious increase in hackers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Noxin wrote: »
    Next server - A Celts server - Obvious hacker is obvious. Everyone calling it. Dude never kicked.

The CeltS servers are on Official, so hackers can't be kicked.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Opps, move it if need be :o.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

I see BF4 and hardline are significantly reduced. Is hardline worth picking up for around 5?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Icaras wrote: »
    I see BF4 and hardline are significantly reduced. Is hardline worth picking up for around 5?

yes

Battlelog to be replaced by new UI. http://bf4central.com/2016/06/bf4-ui/
    Quite unexpectedly, DICE announced a new Battlefield 4 feature: a user interface overhaul. The new user interface will make its debut on Battlefield 4 and will be applied to Battlefield Hardline and the upcoming Battlefield 1.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Odd, as much as I bitched about the state of Battlefield lately I quite liked the whole idea around Battlelog.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,068 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Battlelog had its uses, and I'm surprised they're dropping it, they seemed dead set on it. A better approach would be to keep battlelog and provide an in-game browser too, and give everyone the best of both.

Just played the BF4 campaign. Jesus, that was a total let down in terms of story/plot. The game itself is brilliant but they could've done a better job at the storyline

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Busting a Rooftop Party of Non PTFO'S. The last few seconds were me landing trying to get the Xbox game DVR to record.
    http://xboxclips.com/In4Ab8tin/d7093ce2-4239-4b37-933b-f005b9c393ec

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Damien360

Busting a Rooftop Party of Non PTFO'S. The last few seconds were me landing trying to get the Xbox game DVR to record.
    http://xboxclips.com/In4Ab8tin/d7093ce2-4239-4b37-933b-f005b9c393ec

Damn your a good pilot

Anyone notice a problem with origin? It keeps logging me out. I reset an all :(. Just wanted some bf4 time...

Just seen this:
    http://downdetector.com/status/ea/map/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Hal1 wrote: »
    Anyone notice a problem with origin? It keeps logging me out. I reset an all :(. Just wanted some bf4 time...

Just seen this:
    http://downdetector.com/status/ea/map/

Yup BF1 down too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

typically, the first time in aaaages I try and play BF3 on PC and it aint working

Advertisement