Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Akrasia wrote: »
    typically, the first time in aaaages I try and play BF3 on PC and it aint working

I bet the EA servers are thinking the same about you.

"We're up 99% of the year and the 1 night we're down, this fecker wants to play" :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Naval Strike DLC for Battlefield 4 is free again on the Origin shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

LoLth wrote: »
    Naval Strike DLC for Battlefield 4 is free again on the Origin shop.

hopped on BF4 last night for the first time in ages, plenty of full servers (xb1) playing naval strike maps.

just goes to confirm that splitting the community by holding some maps behind a paywall does nothing for the community.

hopped on BF4 last night for the first time in ages, plenty of full servers (xb1) playing naval strike maps.

just goes to confirm that splitting the community by holding some maps behind a paywall does nothing for the community.

I never really found it hard to get games of particular map packs, (XB1 too), though I would agree that at a particular hour there may not be any full servers for a particular pack so I guess you're right as well.

My issue was always that you required paid servers to host mixed map rotations and these were so hard to find.

Playing the same maps in the same order is a pain, the maps should just rotate in cycle and there should be plenty of non paid that encompass the entire catalogue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Fired up Battlefield 4 there for a few hours to test a PC, sort of hooked me back in after giving it up a fair while ago! Such an excellent game almost three years on (really hard to believe, actually), wonder if BF1 will hold the same longevity...for some reason I could see it going the Battlefront route, popular but huge drop off relatively quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Did anyone have any issues with Battlefield last night?

I kept getting a could not connect to server error. It happened with BF4, BFBC2 and even Plants vs Zombies Garden warfare (another EA game)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

Akrasia wrote: »
    Did anyone have any issues with Battlefield last night?

I kept getting a could not connect to server error. It happened with BF4, BFBC2 and even Plants vs Zombies Garden warfare (another EA game)

I got a few rounds in with no problems(PS4)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

It could just have been my own internet connection crapping out. I did get to play Gotham City Imposters, but no EA game would work

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

4XP Boost currently active! Yesah :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

L33T H4><0r5 !

I really hope they come up with a better way to handle hacks in BF1 than they have in BF4 currently. I get that, at the start it can be tough to predict the hacks and glitches but BF4 is nearing the end of its run and some of the hacking over the weekend were unbelievable.

I've seen the "across the map headshot" hacks in the past (BF3 in particular) but I've never seen "jump-across-map-to-knife-opponent" . Tried 6 different servers, all 6 had two or three active and obvious hackers playing (K-d scores of hundreds - single digit about 5 minutes into the round!) and the servers were essentially unplayable. Usually you just absorb the odd through a corner headshot as general cheating that happens but this weekend was nuts. After the sixth server I gave up and played X-Com and got my own headshots in :) It was a BF4 equivalent of in-game DDoS.

Thing is, I dont want to waste money on a game that I cannot play (and I dont mind losing as long as the fight was fun) or that I have to spend longer looking for a usable server than I do actually playing the game itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

LoLth wrote: »
    L33T H4><0r5 !
    I really hope they come up with a better way to handle hacks in BF1 than they have in BF4 currently. I get that, at the start it can be tough to predict the hacks and glitches but BF4 is nearing the end of its run and some of the hacking over the weekend were unbelievable.

The hacks are there at the moment because Origin are giving away full weeks of free game time. So people are just creating dummy accounts to go be dicks.
    Wont even be near as bad on BF1.

That said, the map teleportation sounds more like an admin being a dick. They have those powers and I've seen plenty use them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I agree that the hacking in BF4 is insane at the moment. I've had evenings where there are more games blighted by hackers than there are without with crazy double digit kills with no deaths.

I'll never understand peoples motivation behind hacking - where's the fun or enjoyment in it?

Someone using a low-level (but still unacceptable) hacks like showing where all enemies are, maybe I could understand the mindset behind it, but it's the guys that are rocking 100:1 k/d spreads just shooting people across the map at random with an aimbot - where is the enjoyment in that?

Not at all impressed with this new server browser.

The search function is no more advanced(Id like to search for servers running a mixed map set up).

Its hard on the eye, writing gets blurred with the background.

And the connection is pretty awful, while before I only had to find a free server, now I'm getting "Connection Failed" or just endless loading.

Why do they have to change the whole thing when the changes create problems and provide no improvements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Its a right pain in the arse to use.Even the option for searching for a specific server is hard enough to find.

Its a right pain in the arse to use.Even the option for searching for a specific server is hard enough to find.

They've at least covered themselves by using the small but always loyal fanbase(anyone still playing after three years will stomach the issues) to test it out in advance of BF1.

But time is running short, so they better get it perfected soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Havent played BF1 in over a month, have played a lot of BF4 tho.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Havent played BF1 in over a month, have played a lot of BF4 tho.

They're different enough to allow simultaneous play.

I have it uninstalled the past while but mainly for space.

The major downfall for me is the graphics... They're really bad, things in the distance are blurry pixels, hills look flat and plain.
    Game play wise it's solid, I put over a 1000 hours into it.

Its nice that BF1 is different enough to have points that lure you back for.
    Having 30 odd maps helps too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

After months of no ps+ I finally delved back into BF4 and couldn't find one person in server. Not even if I chose conquest on any map with any game style all the servers had 0 players on them. What's the story? Also I've been quite stoned lately so perhaps there's an obvious answer..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Try deleting your game cache folder. It's in the documents folder.
    X:\Users\username\Documents\Battlefield 4

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Hal1 wrote: »
    Try deleting your game cache folder. It's in the documents folder.

He is on Playstation, well at least I think he is when he mentioned PS+.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Damien360

GerB40 wrote: »
    After months of no ps+ I finally delved back into BF4 and couldn't find one person in server. Not even if I chose conquest on any map with any game style all the servers had 0 players on them. What's the story? Also I've been quite stoned lately so perhaps there's an obvious answer..

Loads online. Check your filters when you search for games.

Whats the buddy limit?

Keepos saying I have reached my limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Whats the buddy limit?

Keepos saying I have reached my limit.

It's 99 I think or 100

Just had a few games. BF4 and I definitely prefer it to 1.
    Will start playing my more of this now again

Blazer wrote: »
    Just had a few games. BF4 and I definitely prefer it to 1.
    Will start playing my more of this now again

Up for a few games now? I'm haven't played in months but I'm still not too bad. I'm on PSN and my tag is GerryB-- with two hyphens

Up for a few games now? I'm haven't played in months but I'm still not too bad. I'm on PSN and my tag is GerryB-- with two hyphens

I'm on pc mate though sorry

How do find out how many people on general are playing on all battlefield games and which device they're on? Battlefield 4 on PS4 seems pretty empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

How do find out how many people on general are playing on all battlefield games and which device they're on? Battlefield 4 on PS4 seems pretty empty.

bf4stats.com

bf4stats.com

Forgot about that, have been playing on the same server as this guy the last few days.

http://bf4stats.com/pc/YBIVAHKA555555

hes russian(obviously) and I dont think the anti cheat is working anymore. Thankfully Battlefield Justice is and his own team TKs him a lot.

• Advertisement

Reinstalled this again.

With the slow release of BF1 content I'm going to take periods of leave.

Still lots playing it but most of the DLC is dead now bar rented servers, of which there's a mix at best.
    Half the bloody servers are running Shanghai at any given time.

The one thing I forgot about this game was the dead zone on a controller, its so much harder to track your shot compared to BF1 since those small pushes don't register.

Advertisement