Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭nathan99

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Finished downloading all the updates and the free maps last night. Its really improved from the early days of release. Most of issue's i had have been completely fixed!

Dragon Valley is really fun! It's a Chopper's paradise if you have a decent pilot and gunner.
    Will try join up with a clan so solo play doesn't become stale.

You dont happen to be on xbox one do you?
    i like to think im good in the chopper if any one is interested in flying with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

nathan99 wrote: »
    i like to think im good in the chopper if any one is interested in flying with me.

Ps4 unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Ps4 unfortunately.

Stick your PSN id up in PS4 thread, we're still on fairly regularly and always looking for more players

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

nathan99 wrote: »

I hopped on last night out of curiosity after watching the video above and had a blast. Can see myself playing a bit more as it certainly still seems very active, so add me if you want.

A quick question, have the c4 been nerfed? I was trying to blow up tanks last night and found that 2 charges weren't getting the job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

A quick question, have the c4 been nerfed? I was trying to blow up tanks last night and found that 2 charges weren't getting the job done.

Yeah they reduced the damage dealt to vehicles, takes 3 now. As someone who enjoys being in tanks however, it can be hilarious watching them flailing around trying to throw that extra C4 at ya :pac: Still, overall it was an unnecessary nerf. They reduced the damage blast radius as well so it's less effective on infantry as well.

• Advertisement

Yeah they reduced the damage dealt to vehicles, takes 3 now. As someone who enjoys being in tanks however, it can be hilarious watching them flailing around trying to throw that extra C4 at ya :pac: Still, overall it was an unnecessary nerf. They reduced the damage blast radius as well so it's less effective on infantry as well.

Hmm, 3 seems a bit much, seeing as you can only carry 2 at a time. I suppose it does force teamwork somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Hmm, 3 seems a bit much, seeing as you can only carry 2 at a time. I suppose it does force teamwork somewhat.
    You can carry 3 or 6 C4 depending on loadout.

Think you're thinking of AT mines or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Stick your PSN id up in PS4 thread, we're still on fairly regularly and always looking for more players

I'm up on it too. Actually, considering how popular it is with boardsie members, we should all add each other.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    You can carry 3 or 6 C4 depending on loadout.

Think you're thinking of AT mines or something.

I'm open to correction but I'm almost 100% positive that you can only carry 2 at a time. You can restock using your own ammo box alright though but that's very slow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I'll be on tonight if anyone wants a match.
    PS4 - Mr_Blobby999

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I'm open to correction but I'm almost 100% positive that you can only carry 2 at a time. You can restock using your own ammo box alright though but that's very slow
    Unless they changed it recently (haven't played in a few weeks) 3 is the normal amount and 6 if you have that team skill selected, plus unlimited if you're support as you mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Damien360

Only picked up bf4 on ps4. Had it on PS3 before this. Has anyone seen a problem on ps4 with controller becoming floaty and unresponsive. My character can go into random spinning on the spot. I swapped controller but the other one was the same. Checked on destiny and it was working perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

Just upgraded to ps4 myself last month but I haven't encountered this issue at all . Could it be this disc?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Damien360

osheen wrote: »
    Just upgraded to ps4 myself last month but I haven't encountered this issue at all . Could it be this disc?

It was a download rather than a disc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Picked up BF4 on the 360 for a laugh, it was reduced to only €2 in Argos.

The multiplayer....I honestly don't know why they bothered, and why people would even bother either.

The maps appear to be the same size, but.....visually, it looks like the PC version set to lowest settings and forced at 800x600 resolution, and there's only 12 players per team!

Not a good experience, would probably drive me into the arms of COD if I was solely a 360 player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Damien360 wrote: »
    Only picked up bf4 on ps4. Had it on PS3 before this. Has anyone seen a problem on ps4 with controller becoming floaty and unresponsive. My character can go into random spinning on the spot. I swapped controller but the other one was the same. Checked on destiny and it was working perfectly.

I had that problem aswell when i was playing Bf4, thought it was the controller, done the reset, same thing, bought a new controller, same thing. Its like the game thinks the Right stick is stuck in a certain direction.. never got to the bottom of it

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Picked up BF4 on the 360 for a laugh, it was reduced to only €2 in Argos.

The multiplayer....I honestly don't know why they bothered, and why people would even bother either.

The maps appear to be the same size, but.....visually, it looks like the PC version set to lowest settings and forced at 800x600 resolution, and there's only 12 players per team!

Not a good experience, would probably drive me into the arms of COD if I was solely a 360 player.
    There are 16 players per team on the 360 and the maps are adjusted with fewer capture points than the 64 player servers so there are plenty of opportunities for decent firefights

As for the graphics. I find them to be very impressive, but then I remember what BF2 looked like. I haven't played a lot of games on the 'next generation' consoles but they're hardly mind blowingly better than the best games of the last generation. PC gamers take these minor differences way too seriously imo. It is actually possible to enjoy a game at lower than 60fps and uhd resolution.

I'm the kind of guy who appreciates the top end in technology but don't need to always have the latest version of everything, but each to their own

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It's 12v12 on the Xbox 360, and 32v32 on the Xbox One/PS4.

Games like COD on the last gen consoles still look OK, because they don't have the scope and scale of games like Battlefield, which suffers far worse from the limited hardware.

Lower than 60fps and uHD resolution? The game runs at sub 720P at 30fps with 60% less players. That's hardly minor nit-picking. :confused:

BF4 on the Xbox One is still a technically inferior game to the PC version (720p 60fps I think) but I wouldn't care about that, because the core BF4 game still works the exact same way - the way it was designed to.

The difference between the 360 and Xbox One versions is night and day, gameplay and visually wise, totally different games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

BF4 on the Xbox One is still a technically inferior game to the PC version (720p 60fps I think) but I wouldn't care about that, because the core BF4 game still works the exact same way - the way it was designed to.

It's 900p I believe :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

It's 12v12 on the Xbox 360, and 32v32 on the Xbox One/PS4.

Games like COD on the last gen consoles still look OK, because they don't have the scope and scale of games like Battlefield, which suffers far worse from the limited hardware.

Lower than 60fps and uHD resolution? The game runs at sub 720P at 30fps with 60% less players. That's hardly minor nit-picking. :confused:

The difference between the 360 and Xbox One versions is night and day, gameplay and visually wise, totally different games.
    Sorry you're right on the player count. I'm not really with it today (stuck in hospital)

I'm just happy that I got to play this game on the 360 and I think they did a really good job.

At the previous switchover between ps2 and ps3 i kept playing bf2 modern combat on the ps2 and I love that version of the game. I genuinely prefer it to the pc version of BF2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Can never find a game of rush on bf4. All the others are fine. Rush was brill on bf2. Am I doing something wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Can never find a game of rush on bf4. All the others are fine. Rush was brill on bf2. Am I doing something wrong.

What platform?

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    What platform?

Sorry 360, conquest is full

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Sorry 360, conquest is full

Very rare to find a rush server on Xbox One too.

Korvanica wrote: »
    Very rare to find a rush server on Xbox One too.

yup, and if you try and use the quickmatch function, you'll end up in a server on your own. happened to me twice over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

With 500 hours bf I think I played it once!

yup, and if you try and use the quickmatch function, you'll end up in a server on your own. happened to me twice over the weekend.

Thats what I get too 'waiting for players, 1/4'. Its unfortunate as rush is a great game

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Thats what I get too 'waiting for players, 1/4'. Its unfortunate as rush is a great game

Can you not find them pretty easily in the server searches - set game type to rush?

Advertisement